Broady, Aarts & Pickett re-sign | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Broady, Aarts & Pickett re-sign

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
As much as I like him, there could be worse things than Houli leaving a year early so we can keep Markov.
Probably not a popular view but it is using your head and not your heart on who stays. As much as we all admire Bachar, he is now near the end of his career and injury prone. Lego has years ahead of him and he could well be our next and faster Bachar

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Probably not a popular view but it is using your head and not your heart on who stays. As much as we all admire Bachar, he is now near the end of his career and injury prone. Lego has years ahead of him and he could well be our next and faster Bachar
Might be far more important to keep the long term special on and off field qualities in place rather than throwing them away just to retain a long term fringe player.

Reactions: 1 users

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
No good decisions with Houli - still playing very well when fit and his off-field contributions are stellar. A fit Houli at next year's GF is still a major contributor.

Coaching/Admin transitional role?

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Aarts played a special game late in the season, then his form trailed off. When he was on, I fair dinkum saw him and Baker everywhere. That day their infectious enthusiasm saved us. I think jakey saved his career as well. Can't remember which game it was??

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
I think he is the same age as Yabblett, and look at all it took to crack his shoulder in the GF.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Aarts played a special game late in the season, then his form trailed off. When he was on, I fair dinkum saw him and Baker everywhere. That day their infectious enthusiasm saved us. I think jakey saved his career as well. Can't remember which game it was??
Pretty sure it was against the Crows, he was great, he hurt his shoulder in that game. I'm not so sure that his form "trailed off". He only played the one more game which was the next week, he was a bit quiet, but I don't think his shoulder was 100%.

Castagna kicked 17 goals from 21 games and only 4 goals from his last 11 games, and Rioli kicked 12 from 18 games.
They wouldn't want to do too much wrong next season because Aarts kicked 14 from 14 games, a pretty good debut season.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
It's not hard to imagine Bachar's last year being crippled like Grigg's.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Does this mean Aarts and Pickett are on the main list?

Rookies only get 1 year contracts right?
still both on rookie list, Dekka unsigned for 2021 at this stage

2022/Rookie39JakeAarts30-10-203rd year on rookie list in 2021
2021/Rookie7LiamBaker02-08-194th Year on rookie list in 2021
2021/Rookie41MabiorChol29-08-196th year on rookie list in 2021
Rookie43DerekEggmolesse Smith28-10-193rd Year on rookie list CatB in 2020
2022/Rookie50MarlionPickett30-10-203rd year on rookie list in 2021
2021/Rookie44SydneyStack01-08-193rd year on rookie list in 2021
2021/RookieMate'Colina10-09-201st year on rookie list in 2021

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Aarts was our best at the feet fwd crumber this year. His worst game was against the bears where Lynch didn't play and the ball was either intercepted or belted 20m away. He had no chance that day. Then he was dropped. On non Richmond KPI's he would have stayed in the team ahead of george and rioli.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Besides been the clear best side for 4 years , weve been outstanding at continuing to add quality young talent, while maintaining pretty much all our important players. Ellis B and Butler the only the possibles in the 22