Buggered if I know whats going on at the Adelaide Crows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Buggered if I know whats going on at the Adelaide Crows

5SKULL5

What stands in the way, becomes the way!
Dec 20, 2004
Melbourne
We would of got (forgive the pun) stiffer opposition from Erin Phillips and her sisters than the male Adelaide Crows.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
they got ahead of themselves, and that takes nothing away from us whipping them. they are a goon squad.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Bullarto Tiger said:
At its B&F tonight, does Adelaide have a captain's award?

Yep, normally goes to the captain.
Best caption of the year

brigadiertiger

Tiger Champion
Dec 1, 2005
I for one am curious who will win their Easter Island Statue award for the most goofiest impersonation of a statue during the national anthem. Tex would have to be favourite for that.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
For all their gesticulating and self adoration and premature idolation the ol Crowbaits forgot one critical part of the plan.

They were playing at "OUR HOME GROUND", not theirs and we played as if it were our only chance to play in one and they didn't.

No doubt we put a crack through em and as a squad they are fractured, and may not be able to be pulled back together.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
craig said:
For all their gesticulating and self adoration and premature idolation the ol Crowbaits forgot one critical part of the plan.

They were playing at "OUR HOME GROUND", not theirs and we played as if it were our only chance to play in one and they didn't.

No doubt we put a crack through em and as a squad they are fractured, and may not be able to be pulled back together.
You could be right. The demolition on Saturday hit them to the core and that will damage their self confidence big time

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
It didn't help them at all that everyone must have known that two of their team were definitely going to leave immediately after supposedly winning a flag! How does that build camaraderie and confidence.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Looks like the scarecrow stance at the start of the match was some misguided attempt to unify a fractured team.

Annoying, I wanted to destroy them at their peak.

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
shutterstock_371959666.jpg

Remind me which one is Jenkins?

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
JimJessTorp said:
shutterstock_371959666.jpg

Remind me which one is Jenkins?

He's the one at the very back behind the rest of the players involved in the play. Waiting.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
I do suppose players in the draft will be shatting themselves if picked up by Ricciutto's dysfunctional lot.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
leon said:
It didn't help them at all that everyone must have known that two of their team were definitely going to leave immediately after supposedly winning a flag! How does that build camaraderie and confidence.
That's crap leon. Hasn't stopped NRL players from putting in all year, even if they've already signed up with another club, none of their team mates cracks the sads about it. Plenty of soccer leagues n American sports, trade, swap n dump players at a moments notice. It's called " professional " sport, or business if you prefer. The AFL still prefers to pretend it's running an interbred circus where everyone is all touchy feely happy families n it's way beyond time they pulled their heads out of their own backsides.
Crowbaits behaviour is nothing more than puerile spiteful petulance.

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
Lever didnt finish in their top 10 in the B&F - expected or something sinister at play? Thought for sure he would have been top 5.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Rancey18 said:
Lever didnt finish in their top 10 in the B&F - expected or something sinister at play? Thought for sure he would have been top 5.

He finished 11th but all the players above him (except B.Crouch) played 3-5 more games. The next seven after him also played more games. Don't think anything dodgy went on, he's just not as good as the media's making out.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
The Adelaide Crows played to their absolute peak on Grand Final day. The outs hurt them a little. But the available personnel played to their absolute peak. That's how good they are.

*But Rory Sloane was quelled by a 19yo.* Rory Sloane is quelled by whoever pays attention to him. He's been flogged half a dozen times in the last thirteen months.

*The Crouch brothers were ineffective.* They are the worst two and three mid combination in the top twelve sides. Their midfield is white label. Who's next in their line-up? Richard Douglas? SRSLY would he get a game at GWS? He wouldn't for us. Atkins? What? Seedsman? He wouldn't make top ten in our reserves.

That was one of the worst midfields ever to play in a Grand Final.

They should be proud of their achievements.

I won't bother pillorying their forwards and backs. The midfield is enough.

Adelaide didn't have emotions on GF day. They had lack of talent. (They had that several times during the year if you watched.) The Crows didn't have psychology on GF day - they can barely scratch themselves. They were thrashed on their merits. On their limited merits.

Emotions is just a euphemism for excuses. And psychology is the favoured excuse of the brainless.

Enjoy.

RedanTiger

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
Ouch

Brutal but accurate Dyer.
Not to mention funny.
Hadn't really thought about it because I don't really care but you're spot on about their midfield.

Go on, have a dish at their forwards and backs.
As you say
Enjoy.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
The Crows much vaunted forward line was smashed by the best backline in the comp. their mids were deconstructed by just about the best midfield in the land, their defence was run off their feet by the fastest forwards in the league & big Nank might have been beaten in the hit out department but his work around the ground was far more effective than his opponent Jacobs.

Apart from that the Crows should have won because they were the "best team all year" Lord give me strength ::)