Buggered if I know whats going on at the Adelaide Crows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Buggered if I know whats going on at the Adelaide Crows

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Total Tiger said:
Makes sense to me. Once you decide to come home, I guess the only difference between the clubs is who's paying more. Just ask the Visy Environmental Officer
Yeah, but Puma is also playing Dusty extra to make up for the short fall between our contract and what Norf offered. Lever should fit right in at Melbourne. Like all the rest of the Crows got ahead of himself and Melbourne are the best in the comp at that. We should forever be grateful that they overlooked Dusty and remind them of that as often as possible.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
CarnTheTiges said:
Yeah, but Puma is also playing Dusty extra to make up for the short fall between our contract and what Norf offered. Lever should fit right in at Melbourne. Like all the rest of the Crows got ahead of himself and Melbourne are the best in the comp at that. We should forever be grateful that they overlooked Dusty and remind them of that as often as possible.

Next time you go to an Egobourne game, watch out for the balloon heads.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
TigerMasochist said:
That's crap leon. Hasn't stopped NRL players from putting in all year, even if they've already signed up with another club, none of their team mates cracks the sads about it. Plenty of soccer leagues n American sports, trade, swap n dump players at a moments notice. It's called " professional " sport, or business if you prefer. The AFL still prefers to pretend it's running an interbred circus where everyone is all touchy feely happy families n it's way beyond time they pulled their heads out of their own backsides.
Crowbaits behaviour is nothing more than puerile spiteful petulance.

Nah, still don't quite agree:

- Firstly that's why NRL is not AFL. Which code has far greater attendances and club memberships; there's little comparison. They must have come to accept this because it has a fairly average supporter in many respects whereas AFL draws from the full social spectrum. Yes, players who are moving on have appeared to have put in a good year's work but I believe it must be divisive. You cannot know how a player or team would have performed differently if there was full commitment. If it's about nothing else but the $$$$ and contracts, then that's the day I'll completely stop following AFL
- So your view contradicts everything I and all Tigers fans have read about the buy-in in 2017 led by Dimma, Cotchin and the whole team. The deeply personal admissions they made, the camaraderie, trust and commitment it created. It's called team unity. This was why we are the first team ever to win a flag from finishing 13th in the previous year. Not because we are so much more talented across the field; no, because everyone put in their best according to their role. Don't think it was all down to being highly paid!
- Imagine if DM agreed to take the extra $2m from Norf. I certainly don't think he would have necessarily not played as well, but it's possible. He might have been pressured by them to go in less hard; no one wants their huge, new transfer franchise player doing a needless ACL or whatever for their 'old' employer. Further unknown impact on club and team morale, coaching team and definitely on supporters. There is no doubt his re-signing brought the tsunami of Tiger Army support to it's perfectly timed peak. You will not be able to convince me otherwise bc totally random hypothetical territory
- As for my Crow claims, borne out by their treatment of Lever: very demeaning initial offer; told to miss B & F (but not Cameron! Inconsistency? Maybe a chance of him staying? Evidence of poor practice and policy?). Lever put in; however, the comments of Shaun Grigg at 1/2time proved disunity in this team. We turned fissures into cracks
- As for NFL or EPL, l watch a little. However, the day that it's just a translation of whose company has the greatest funds translated onto a sports field, thus enabling the best player 'purchases', is the day I will be fully off the couch. Already these codes are often just a battle between a super-rich 4/5 clubs. In Spain it comes down to 2. Boring as ... AFL has proven such a wonderful contrast over last decade, aside from Dawks domination.

But each to their own.

Berwick boy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 27, 2004
leon said:
Nah, still don't quite agree:

- Firstly that's why NRL is not AFL. Which code has far greater attendances and club memberships; there's little comparison. They must have come to accept this because it has a fairly average supporter in many respects whereas AFL draws from the full social spectrum. Yes, players who are moving on have appeared to have put in a good year's work but I believe it must be divisive. You cannot know how a player or team would have performed differently if there was full commitment. If it's about nothing else but the $$$$ and contracts, then that's the day I'll completely stop following AFL
- So your view contradicts everything I and all Tigers fans have read about the buy-in in 2017 led by Dimma, Cotchin and the whole team. The deeply personal admissions they made, the camaraderie, trust and commitment it created. It's called team unity. This was why we are the first team ever to win a flag from finishing 13th in the previous year. Not because we are so much more talented across the field; no, because everyone put in their best according to their role. Don't think it was all down to being highly paid!
- Imagine if DM agreed to take the extra $2m from Norf. I certainly don't think he would have necessarily not played as well, but it's possible. He might have been pressured by them to go in less hard; no one wants their huge, new transfer franchise player doing a needless ACL or whatever for their 'old' employer. Further unknown impact on club and team morale, coaching team and definitely on supporters. There is no doubt his re-signing brought the tsunami of Tiger Army support to it's perfectly timed peak. You will not be able to convince me otherwise bc totally random hypothetical territory
- As for my Crow claims, borne out by their treatment of Lever: very demeaning initial offer; told to miss B & F (but not Cameron! Inconsistency? Maybe a chance of him staying? Evidence of poor practice and policy?). Lever put in; however, the comments of Shaun Grigg at 1/2time proved disunity in this team. We turned fissures into cracks
- As for NFL or EPL, l watch a little. However, the day that it's just a translation of whose company has the greatest funds translated onto a sports field, thus enabling the best player 'purchases', is the day I will be fully off the couch. Already these codes are often just a battle between a super-rich 4/5 clubs. In Spain it comes down to 2. Boring as ... AFL has proven such a wonderful contrast over last decade, aside from Dawks domination.

But each to their own.
I do like my NRL and go when I can, and I can confirm as much that I are yet to meet a NRL supporter that likes the players switching teams mid year...players might but supporters don't !

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
CarnTheTiges said:

How is Puma paying Dusty extra?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
jb03 said:
How is Puma paying Dusty extra?

He’s an official AFL ambassador for PUMA. There’s a range of Dustin Martin PUMA gear com8ng out as well, if not already out.

I imagine it’s up to the AFL to decide if it’s in the salary cap or not.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
If it was good enough for the Bloos, Visy and Juddy .... why not us? Added millions to the AFL coffers in 2017. Just think how much better off thanks to the Tiger Train success this year.

bowden4president

Stackman
Feb 19, 2005
Punt Rd
Baloo said:
He’s an official AFL ambassador for PUMA. There’s a range of Dustin Martin PUMA gear com8ng out as well, if not already out.

I imagine it’s up to the AFL to decide if it’s in the salary cap or not.
Apparel company's Pay players all the time. Makes no difference to Puma if Dusty plays for us or someone else so what they pay him has no reason to be in our salary Cap.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
brigadiertiger said:
I for one am curious who will win their Easter Island Statue award for the most goofiest impersonation of a statue during the national anthem. Tex would have to be favourite for that.

Haha at Easter Island Statues. Surely they'll give that joke a miss next year.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Did I just hear right?

Gave 10 & 16 for Gibbs?

Gee Carlton do well in trading!

29 yr old 2 first round picks.

Beating them in the unlosable GF , thinking that Gibbs would have made a difference and they beat us is laughable.

They have lost the plot.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Looks like after quite a few crows going missing from the MCG almost three weeks ago, the Tasmanian electricity providers have finally located one of them. Seems this one is pretty much in the same shape as the one tackled by Towner. ;D

http://www.themercury.com.au/news/tasmania/power-outages-hit-hobart-suburbs/news-story/2b12c6888ca74689dbfd636f6e3d65e3

Power outages hit Hobart suburbs
ALEX LUTTRELL, Mercury
October 19, 2017 7:40am
A CROW has been blamed for a power outage which hit residents in some of Hobart’s suburbs today.

About 1390 households in Hobart, Mount Stuart, North Hobart and West Hobart were affected by the blackout which cut hot water after Hobart sweltered through one its hottest nights of the year.

TasNetworks said the outage was caused when a crow collided with TasNetworks infrastructure somewhere in West Hobart.

Power has now been restored.

The spokesman said it was unclear whether the crow collided with power lines or a transformer.

Hobart sweated through one of its warmest nights for the year with the temperature dropping to just 17.2 C.

A cool change is expected to cross the state in the middle of the day.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Nomorewaiting said:
Did I just hear right?

Gave 10 & 16 for Gibbs?

Gee Carlton do well in trading!

29 yr old 2 first round picks.

Beating them in the unlosable GF , thinking that Gibbs would have made a difference and they beat us is laughable.

They have lost the plot.

Crows are still talking about if they had Gibbs he would have been the difference and they would have won :cupgold

They have *smile* lost it :crazy :crazy :crazy

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
They have given up the two first round picks that they refused to give up for Gibbs twelve months ago......twelve months too late if you believe Crows fans.

Should have done it a year ago.

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Plus they get 1 less year out of Gibbs by not getting him last year.

I hope Sloane leaves as a free agent next year too.

That will really mess them up.

Maybe they will offer 2 x 1sr rounders for Graham next year?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Come ladder predictor 2018 time, I think I'll have Adelaide outside of the 8