Buggered if I know whats going on at the Adelaide Crows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Buggered if I know whats going on at the Adelaide Crows

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Those soft goals they got in the first quarter probably didn't help them. Kicked four and could see Adelaide FC on the premiership cup at quarter time.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Having just watched the full interview, I reckon Tex tried to be somebody he wasn't during his captaincy.
Basically says as much himself.

When I think back to early in his career and him having a beer at the footy, and the mullet challenge with Ivan, I took him to be the sort of bloke you need to have inside a footy club to keep things real.

Maybe that's why Phil Walsh wanted him as captain and who knows how that tragedy affected him.
Credit where it's due...... remarkable that they even got to a GF so soon after that.

He seem to try to captain the old way. Like they did in the 70’s 80’s.
Just yell at players and dismiss the opposition, refuse to knowledge they got done by a better team on the day. Have a sook and then think it will fall into place and Win the GF next year.

Just old school crap that doesn’t cut it now days.
How he won captain of the year is beyond me.

Adelaide got it wrong making him captain.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
He seem to try to captain the old way. Like they did in the 70’s 80’s.
Just yell at players and dismiss the opposition, refuse to knowledge they got done by a better team on the day. Have a sook and then think it will fall into place and Win the GF next year.

Just old school crap that doesn’t cut it now days.
How he won captain of the year is beyond me.

Adelaide got it wrong making him captain.

Post of the year.
They named a bloke that was on the booze when he was injured.
What did they really expect from him??

Bennnny

Punt Road End. The best place to watch The Tiges.
Mar 29, 2005
Melbourne
www.indieinitiative.com
You could say the same with the lady the club has been using for us.
Adelaide just thought turning up at 2.30 and playing for 2 hours was enough to win it.
From the Ceo to the coach to the captain they fllked it up badd.
This could take that club 20 years to recover.
Not like those so called experts having them bouncing back in 2018.
It was never going to happen
Emma Murray is probably the reason we won the premiership.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Josh Jenkins saying the Crows were “conned” into performing the power stance by Collective Minds. He claims he stood as far away from Tex and Pyke so he wouldn’t be seen in photographs of the stance. :rotfl2

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Josh Jenkins saying the Crows were “conned” into performing the power stance by Collective Minds. He claims he stood as far away from Tex and Pyke so he wouldn’t be seen in photographs of the stance. :rotfl2

Hope that made Josh feel better for a few minutes pre-game coz it certainly didn't help him once the ball was bounced

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
With players leaving and sniping its obvious whilst the Crows had a great year in 2017 they were not a tight knit unit, nowhere near the bond our players and club formed and still has to this day.

Watching them implode and berate each other GF day proved it, and it was backed up when they fell to bits in 2018 after beating up on us in round 3 or 4 or whatever it was the game they prepped for all pre season then had no where to go because that was their sole focus..

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
He apparently took the mindset of not being in footage of the game by becoming invisible once the ball was bounced.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
The rest of the comp owes us a big thank you. If we hadn’t brutally dismantled the crows in that grand final the whole comp would be copying that collective minds *smile*.

Reactions: 1 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne

Plenty of hindsight in that article coloured by the result of the match. If Adelaide win then maybe Jenkins is still at Adelaide, Pyke is still coach, and Leppitsch has no comment.

The most interesting remark was from Leppitsch: "Hawthorn were a beautifully skilled, good kicking team. Richmond is more about everything being OK." After Jack Riewoldt commented publicly that we were trying to copy Hawthorn, we forged our own path. Imitators are always playing catch-up.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
I'm curious as to how we would know what's going on at the Crows when they don't ?

Bennnny

Punt Road End. The best place to watch The Tiges.
Mar 29, 2005
Melbourne
www.indieinitiative.com
It's about doing everything OK because of the connection and belief of the players. Becoming well rounded people, with clear minds, making it easier to play.

Reactions: 1 user