Bye Bye Jack Higgins! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bye Bye Jack Higgins!

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Needs to learn how to kick set shots. He's great at snaps but put him 35m out dead in front and he struggles. He leans back as he kicks and lacks penetration which forces the kick to miss to the right.

But he was not the Lone Range in missing easy set shots tonight.
Agree with that. He can be extra damaging then.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
about the only thing to take some joy in over two weeks is seeing Higgo return. Not just for the human interest story, but he's always worth watching when he's near it or got it.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
He's a natural footballer. I think we forget how good he has actually played in some games in the past. Atm he's showing the rest of our small forwards the way.

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
I like that he’s clean with the ball again. .........
Different player to the one we dropped after that Adelaide game last year.
Exactly right.
Was a one touch player early on and then got fumbly.

Will get better and better

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Straight swap for Menadue spook? :))
Na, that would be Short or Oleg.

I love Higgo. Love his heart, his footy brain, but our pressure drops when he's in because he struggles to get there. And he cannot *smile* ing kick.

I'm being a bit cheeky here, but Higgo's last game last year was our last loss. Since he's been back we haven't won. His last five games have been four losses and a draw. Before anyone jumps on me, I'm not blaming him for the losses - we were undermanned in the three last year and many other things are wrong at present. But 12 touches v Collingwood, 8 from marks. For a small. 4 ground level touches. Yes, it was his first game. Yes, it was great just to see him out there. But I texted Big Jack over a year ago, before the brain bleed was diagnosed: "Should we trade Higlet?" It would be tough. Ruthless.

Maybe he's a mid. But 1 clearance for the year so far (he's playing forward). 1 goal. Fewer goals per game than any of Rioli, George, Butts or Shai at the same stage.

But it's more the balance of the side. Not enough heat on the oppo.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Some valid points spooker. However for a small forward Higgo's numbers are more than solid for a guy making his way back.
Looks like a world beater next to what Rioli has put out since lock down.
He stays in for now.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Some valid points spooker. However for a small forward Higgo's numbers are more than solid for a guy making his way back.
Looks like a world beater next to what Rioli has put out since lock down.
He stays in for now.
The Prince is struggling, fo' sho'. So's George. And Lablett. Gives credence to the word that we've been putting a lot of miles into legs. They're heavy now, so that they may be lethal later.

Higgo can get a kick, and at the moment Dan can't. But ball use is also at opposite ends of the spectrum, Daniel going at 92% for the year, Higlet 55%. The Prince is our #1 heat man, Higgo somewhere above Short but below Jack (R, that is).

Reactions: 3 users