Bye Bye Jack Higgins! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bye Bye Jack Higgins!

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
He was ok against Hawthorn (20 disp.....but from the few outlets I checked I cant see him being reported in the best players anywhere though....maybe) but like the rest of them, not much chop against Cwood. To that end, dunno how he gets into our best player of the 2018 finals series ?

I'm not saying he can't play but he was an awkward fit for us and he carries one or two weaknesses.
For a small player he is not quick enough, doesn't apply enough pressure and his kicking is very ordinary. He has footy smarts but he is far from a player that we can't cover.

Reactions: 1 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
He always seems to go ok during the pre season and early season proper, but then fades the longer the real season goes on.

I agree with this, but have wondered whether it is more a case of the players around him getting better toward the end of the season, and Higlet maintaining his output throughout the season.

Winning flags is about the team peaking at the right time, so you would expect players form to rise as we pass the half way point of the season. Higlet seems to flatline when those around him start to raise a gear.

Which in a way is a testament to his preparation and professionalism, but premiership players seem to have another gear they can go to when they need to.

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Higgo was pretty good in the 2018 prelim (14 touches, 2 goals), but not as good as Jack (5 goals, 9 marks - 7 inside 50, 3 contested), or Trent (25 disposals, 10 clearances, 7 tackles, almost single-handedly hauled us back into the game in the 3rd quarter).

Anyway, we won't miss him.

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
I was not happy with Aarts last week, but this week he has shown why Hardwick was going to prefer Aarts over higgins.

Reactions: 2 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
We haven’t missed him. And despite the uneven performance of our small forwards (bar George), I’m not convinced he’d be best 22.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I was glad he didn't grab his jumper and kiss it when he scored.

Reactions: 3 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
The boy has been through hell and to get back to playing regular footy is an incredible effort.

I truly wish him the best things in life, he deserves it.

In the same breath I hope he never gets a kick against us and St Kilda never trouble us.

Reactions: 15 users

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
He’ll bob up here n there and win them a match or two.... most likely against lower defensive sides like nm or gc... but he will do something. Consistency and speed of decisions was always the issue after the surgery return

Reactions: 1 user

Tiger Rob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 30, 2009
Hobart
The boy has been through hell and to get back to playing regular footy is an incredible effort.

In the same breath I hope he never gets a kick against us and St Kilda never trouble us.
Agree with all of that. Will add that we saw him through that tough period, and got him back playing senior footy, which would have been enormous for his mental health. Not saying we did it all but I’m sure we as a club did heaps for him.

On that basis I was disappointed he’d want out. No respect.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004

This is what gives he me the poo’s.
His effort to come back from brain surgery is fantastic.
the club helped and support him, but despite the club saying they want him he walked out.
Would have liked him to repay the club from support he received.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
bit divided on him. feel for what he went through and appreciate the gutsy recovery, but him wanting out after the club helped enormously and said they wanted him to stay was not quite right.
a few of the players got stuck into him last night, and i was a kinda glad they did.