Bye Bye Jack Higgins! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bye Bye Jack Higgins!

Jack's chosen his backup career wisely: AFL umpire.

He can't fail with that level of fear motivating him.

The concern from other clubs about Jack Graham was his ceiling.

We know how that ended.

You can never have enough hard workers at the club. Such a great work ethic is contagious, which is why Rance's value goes well beyond his peerless defensive work on game day.

Love this kid already and look forward to cheering him on.

Quick and sharp hands in traffic too which I really like. Use to love watching Brodders go around allow a completely different football with extra tricks is Jack.

11th and beyond said:
Quick and sharp hands in traffic too which I really like. Use to love watching Brodders go around allow a completely different football with extra tricks is Jack.

That was the standout thing for me in his highlights, he knew exactly where his team mates were around him before he had even possessed the ball. A great natural attribute to have.

tigerlove said:
That was the standout thing for me in his highlights, he knew exactly where his team mates were around him before he had even possessed the ball. A great natural attribute to have.

You need it to survive at his height at AFL level.

Tigers of Old said:

For sure although Lambert is the same height and I wouldn't say he has that uncanny ability that Higgins showed in his highlights reel.

Tigers of Old said:

Jack, although talented, has limited athletic abilities. He went out and worked his zarsoff to overcome some deficiencies.
There are at least 2 players from the same junior club ( East Malvern ) who were/are probably better than Jack. Both players don't have the same work ethic.
Every junior player who collects trophies at will has a decision to make. Do I want to be a big fish in a small pond or do I want to eventually be a huge fish in a big pond.
Jack made his decision early

tigerlove said:
For sure although Lambert is the same height and I wouldn't say he has that uncanny ability that Higgins showed in his highlights reel.

Really? Leysy would say Lablett reads it better than almost everyone on our list.

Blind Turn said:
Jack, although talented, has limited athletic abilities. He went out and worked his zarsoff to overcome some deficiencies.
There are at least 2 players from the same junior club ( East Malvern ) who were/are probably better than Jack. Both players don't have the same work ethic.
Every junior player who collects trophies at will has a decision to make. Do I want to be a big fish in a small pond or do I want to eventually be a huge fish in a big pond.
Jack made his decision early

Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.

I reckon he’s that type of personality that we will all LOVE him.
And all the opposition supporters will hate him.
Like Steve Milne for example (bar the obvious shithouse traits of Milne)

B1

Extremely hard work is a talent, as many or most will never achieve Jack's levels of effort, it's a mentaly draining attribute to most mortals.

puregreen said:
Wonder what his odds are for Rising Star?

*$21 on Sportsbet.

He'll be doing well if he beats Jack Graham to it.

Leysy Days said:
Really? Leysy would say Lablett reads it better than almost everyone on our list.

What do you mean exactly by 'read it better'. I was referring to the ability to quickly dispose to advantage, which reminded me more of Edwards in Higgins highlight reel.