Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git

taraba

Eat em alive!!!
Jul 27, 2004
Planet Earth
CCJ is obviously a want away guy so his heart is not at Tigerland. If by some chance he does stay (unlikely) then could we ever trust him again? Once a guy wants to leave and publicly states it then he is of no use to us however good a player he may be
Josh Dunkley did with the Bullflogs

Reactions: 2 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
First rule of negotiation: always ask for more than you expect to receive.
Second rule: leave something meaningful for the other party.
A negotiation is where not everyone gets everything they want but both get most of what they want. Never burn bridges.
Yep , most of what they need

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Don’t agree with this.
Whatever he’s done to us, or is going to do to us, he’s a quality player.
Think a tougher but perhaps less mobile Oscar Allen who has been starved of opportunity. Kebab gate cost him and us a bright future.
A terrible result no mattter how you package it
LOL - He has played one decent game and your comparing him to the 2nd most promising young key forward in the game after Naughton

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I Feel that CJ wont be receiving any favours from Grimes Tigga Noah and Broad next year, he will get some torrid attention.

I doubt he is leaving the RFC on good terms, ala Higgins.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
LOL - He has played one decent game and your comparing him to the 2nd most promising young key forward in the game after Naughton
He’s only played 9 games and due to his stupidity missed more opportunities.
Oscar Allen has been given a run because his club have had openings.
Let’s talk again in 12 months.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I don't follow the play hardball line.

With the PSD pick as a fail safe, anything North gives us for CCJ is essentially goodwill.

Anyone at North would be rightly filthy if that goodwill extended to pick 20, it would be an insane decision.
If North screw us over, it will damage a relationship that will mean, pay back isn't far away.
Saying give us CJ for a used face washer and a pack of crumpets or we'll force him into the PSD will backfire long term. North are a small club. They won't want to tug superman's Cape too hard.

Reactions: 4 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Can someone confirm Stagerflop was out of contract when he crossed from Crows to Cats?
But insisted the Cats trade fairly, and equitably compensate the Crows.
I'm obviously not suggesting CCJ is within light years of Stager's value, but I assume the Tigers are pushing a similar angle.
Salesmanship begins when the customer says no.
That was different. The compensation Adelaide were going to get they deemed as inadequate, and said they'd match the Cats deal. That left Dangerfield as either staying back in Adelaide or off to the PSD, where Geelong wouldn't get him. Dangerfield wanted Geelong, so encouraged them to trade fairly as he backed his ability to help the club.

Reactions: 1 users

Feeling Tigerish

Tiger Champion
Apr 11, 2009
If North screw us over, it will damage a relationship that will mean, pay back isn't far away.
Saying give us CJ for a used face washer and a pack of crumpets or we'll force him into the PSD will backfire long term. North are a small club. They won't want to tug superman's Cape too hard.
I’m sorry but that’s a ridiculous comment. As if North would be scared of Richmond, they tried to poach one of the greatest players that’s ever played for our club, and nearly pulled it off. They couldn’t give two *smile* about us, and certainly wouldn’t be scared of any retribution. They’ll do what’s best for North, and that’s to try and screw us as best possible

Reactions: 3 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I Feel that CJ wont be receiving any favours from Grimes Tigga Noah and Broad next year, he will get some torrid attention.

I doubt he is leaving the RFC on good terms, ala Higgins.
Cujo wants to play ruck. He'll have Nank n Soldo to contend with :eek:

• Haha
  • Love

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I think we will play hard ball. If North offer anything worse than pick 20 then the pick will be generally useless to us with all our other anyway and we may let CCJ walk. Also North may want to keep PSD 1 available for someone else as well.

I've never seen a more obvious trade than CCJ for pick 20.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
I think we will play hard ball. If North offer anything worse than pick 20 then the pick will be generally useless to us with all our other anyway and we may let CCJ walk. Also North may want to keep PSD 1 available for someone else as well.

Agree. Pick 20 is par, if not slightly unders. CCJ was drafted at 20 and has 4 years of development in the system and finally started to show something that wasn't a Kebab.

To suggest he's depreciated in that time is utter *smile*

Reactions: 7 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell

In the article on trade updates in the Age today it said that it is generally felt that Richmond is going to play hardball on CCJ

The Lurker

In Victory We Thrive, Eat Em Alive
Nov 24, 2003
Melbourne
In the article on trade updates in the Age today it said that it is generally felt that Richmond is going to play hardball on CCJ
Comments i have heard from Club representatives was Balmey suggesting CJ leaving was a selfish decision and Dimma joking we should get Pick 1. Smells to me like RFC is not pleased with him, though we still want to keep him.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

I actually think he's worth a touch more in real terms but hasn't had enough exposed form at AFL level so it's probably about right.

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Correct, wouldn't have received much last year but we didn't want to let him go anyway. I think CJs incentive is money-driven. No other club would offer what North are offering, , it's way overs at this stage of his career.
Gold coast offered 5 at same money