Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
I struggle with why there is a FA formula in the first place.

Why should other clubs effectively pay compensation when a FA goes to another club? That is basically what happens when a draft pick is awarded as compensation.

IMO, compensation should not apply or if it does, then it is only determined on the two teams involved.

Reactions: 7 users

taraba

Eat em alive!!!
Jul 27, 2004
Planet Earth
What really annoys me with all of this is that over the years we have been very accomodating to other clubs when our players have wanted to leave. We’ve always taken fair price and IMO unders. Jack Higgins has been very good for the Saints this year and we could have got a better deal considering he was contracted. But we didn’t stand in his way.

Now we have Norf likely to try and screw us over because they have the first pick in a draft that shouldn’t even exist anymore. There is actually no point having the PSD. Its been made redundant with free agency and the rookie lists.

Pick 20 is a great deal for them and the least we should get. I really hope they fold.

Reactions: 8 users

tigertough12

Tiger Superstar
Jun 3, 2004
What really annoys me with all of this is that over the years we have been very accomodating to other clubs when our players have wanted to leave. We’ve always taken fair price and IMO unders. Jack Higgins has been very good for the Saints this year and we could have got a better deal considering he was contracted. But we didn’t stand in his way.

Now we have Norf likely to try and screw us over because they have the first pick in a draft that shouldn’t even exist anymore. There is actually no point having the PSD. Its been made redundant with free agency and the rookie lists.

Pick 20 is a great deal for them and the least we should get. I really hope they fold.
We’ll be getter better than pick20 ;)

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I feel a bit more bullish about our position here than others.

While everyone is talking about North's leverage, don't forget it is us who has the relationship with the player.

Assuming that the relationship hasn't gone south, and the communication lines are open, there is always the chance the kid rethinks his position.

North's situation is actually worse, in my opinion, if a deal can't get done during the trade period.

By walking CCJ to the pre-season draft, they take the risk he changes his mind under heavy pressure from us, plus it robs them of the chance to target another player with that pick. I doubt they want to take that path.

In any event, the idea that the player isn't worth pick #20 because he's only played a handful of games in four years is disingenuous. If our negotiating is any good, that argument will be shot down in an instant.

Big guy taken at pick #20, four years' development at the best club in the land, limited opportunities due to having two premiership ruckmen in front of him, not to mention robbing himself of games due to suspension ... sorry, he's worth pick #20 this year at a minimum.

It's a delicious test of our negotiating skills. I'm pleased with what we've been saying publicly these past few days.

But, on recent form, I'm not as confident as I would like to be that our guys will broker a fair result.

Fingers and toes are crossed.

Scott Clayton was the head of list management at the Suns when they coughed up pick 2 for Lachie Weller, he was shown the door not long after.
He scored a job with the Eagles. I'm not sure what his role was, or whether he had anything to do with Tim Kelly costing the Eagles 2 first round picks and a future first round pick.
Anyhow, he is now at North Melbourne.
It will be interesting to see how things pan out, i'd imagine his negotiating skills might be a bit jittery after the Weller trade deal.

Reactions: 1 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
So Glenn Luff seems to think 38 is sufficient and doesn’t want to use pick 20 in the ND or pick 1 in the PSD for CJ. Do we call his bluff? I think North should be looking to find a late 20s or early 30s pick if that’s their position.

Reactions: 1 user

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
I think we get a similar deal to Higgins although down a round. 2nd round upgrade and a 3rd. CJ + Pick 26 = Pick 20 + Pick 38. Tarrant for a junk pick.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
I reckon it will end up being CJ for 38 + Tarrant. And it feels unders to me when they are talking about him being Goldstein's heir apparent

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
North recruiting guy said no chance with pick 20 more likely pick 38.
And they won't use him as bait for the pre-season.
Coleman Jones has bent the club over selecting North.
Out of all clubs he could've selected North was our worse option.
While freo gets picks 2 for Weller and pick 6 for Cerra. We struggle to get shiit in return.
If people think the booing of Goodes was badd just wait til we play North.

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
WTF did we draft him then? Completely butchered that draft with Higgins and CCJ as our 1st 2 picks.
Shouldve justed pissed them down the drain.
They must've been still pissed from the GF.
We missed so many quality kids to pick up these 2 sooks.
Absolutly butchered it.

tigerhalsey

RICHOOOO What A Mark!!
Jul 28, 2007
Melbourne
North recruiting guy said no chance with pick 20 more likely pick 38.
And they won't use him as bait for the pre-season.
Coleman Jones has bent the club over selecting North.
Out of all clubs he could've selected North was our worse option.
While freo gets picks 2 for Weller and pick 6 for Cerra. We struggle to get shiit in return.
If people think the booing of Goodes was badd just wait til we play North.
Lets put him on the open market, free to good home

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Scott Clayton was the head of list management at the Suns when they coughed up pick 2 for Lachie Weller, he was shown the door not long after.
He scored a job with the Eagles. I'm not sure what his role was, or whether he had anything to do with Tim Kelly costing the Eagles 2 first round picks and a future first round pick.
Anyhow, he is now at North Melbourne.
It will be interesting to see how things pan out, i'd imagine his negotiating skills might be a bit jittery after the Weller trade deal.
Scott Clayton when he was at the doggies laughed when i told him i was a Richmond supporter.
He asked me do you know who drafted oakley Nicholls?
This was on a flight to Brisbane, when Shultz kicked 5 or 6 and we won.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
North is the worst option because they're idiots. They up their offer to Tarrant after we throw 2 years at him, now they sook about that and bleat on about high they rate CCJ. And the more i think about CCJ wanting to go there and not stay the more i think they deserve each other because he's an idiot as well.
As far as Scott Clayton goes - his name says it all - he's the 'Claytons' of list management.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Not sure what Mitch Cleary has been drinking but he has listed 5 hawthorn players that could give hawthorn an another 1st rounder.
Dunstan, back is rooted no way will a club give anything under pick 30 for him especially with the salary he is on.
Mitchell and Omeara maybe depending how much they pay of the contracts.
Wingard and Breust lucky to get anything under 30 for either of them. One has attitude issues and the other is old enough to play for Geelong.
I would be happy to give pick 15 for Mitchell thats about it.