Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The other issue here is it looks like we’re dealing with a moron in this Glenn Luff. All this chest beating talk from a club that survives on equalisation. What a garbage organisation.
Isnt Glen Luff the goose from champion data.
Kingy and Healys love child

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I don't understand Chol goes to GC.
Kelly goes to Essendon.
Why hasn't Tarrant moved?
Because if Tarrant moves to us as a free agent it *smile* with our compo pick for Cholly. We'll be in negotiation with # lonorf to manufacture a trade deal to try and ensure we get something reasonable for Cujo, while " paying " minimum chips for Tarrant and also keeping pick 38 from Cholly leaving.
If Tarrant comes to us for free, then the Cholly pick might become 50 something instead n I'm pretty sure we'll then b thoroughly pissed at our list managers and the AFL honchos.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Because if Tarrant moves to us as a free agent it *smile* with our compo pick for Cholly. We'll be in negotiation with # lonorf to manufacture a trade deal to try and ensure we get something reasonable for Cujo, while " paying " minimum chips for Tarrant and also keeping pick 38 from Cholly leaving.
If Tarrant comes to us for free, then the Cholly pick might become 50 something instead n I'm pretty sure we'll then b thoroughly pissed at our list managers and the AFL honchos.
One is 24 and the other 32.
How could the AFL use that to cancel each other out?
So your saying pick 39 + Cj
For pick 20 + Tarrant?
But The North bloke said no chance with pick 20.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
One is 24 and the other 32.
How could the AFL use that to cancel each other out?
So your saying pick 39 + Cj
For pick 20 + Tarrant?
But The North bloke said no chance with pick 20.
Won't cancel each other out but knowing the AFL they'll find an excuse to push it back after realising belatedly that they were far to generous giving us pick 38 when we already have a shitload of picks this year even though we've earned all our picks.

No idea what the deal with Cujo n Tarrant will look like. #lolnorf could still shaft us just for the lols, or we could maybe fudge n coax a bit of honest fairness out of them with luck n hopefully get a little better than the shitty end of the stick.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Be good if CJ changed his mind and stayed. We then pick up Tarrant as an unrestricted free agent, **** Norf.

Reactions: 2 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Luff reckons pick 38 is about right for CJ. He stated that this is what rucks and forwards historically go for.

Not sure what history he is basing it on. There aren't too many that Ruck/Forwards that leave clubs where they are wanted and valued that are wanted..... Nank is probably best comparison I could find.

Nank was drafted at 35.... played 12 games in 3 years.... and reluctantly traded for pick 46.... He knocked back a 2 year contract with Swans to sign a 3 year deal at Tigers.
Yeah... I reckon you're right... they'll wheel out the Nank trade then that *smile* stick Cornes will bang on about us whinging for the next three weeks. ...

Then David King will defend Glenn Luff to the hilt as he's still got a pair of his monogrammed CD slippers under his bed and Hutchinson will get plenty of negative Richmond content to fuel Trade Radio and SEN until draft day.

• Sad

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
I think our entire play will be based around scuppering the deal. Required player.

Reactions: 3 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Fingers crossed North don't back door us.
If Cj goes into the pre-season
Draft
That will be 3 top 20 picks down the drain
Higgins Ellis and now Cj
Interesting isn't it. I think we became a great team not because of our best draft picks (other than the obvious they've had limited success) but the unbelievable success we've had with picking up role/fringe players with low and alternate draft picks.

JoMamma

Tiger Rookie
Oct 4, 2004
We can also pick Tarrant as a delisted free agent. This will happen after list lodgement.

When n0rt is cutting their list down, they have to cut however hasn’t signed a contract for the next year. Whether that’s after 1st, 2nd or 3rd list lodgment. If he becomes a delisted free agent, then our Chol pick will not be affected.

There is still a bit to play out with Tarrant. He doesn’t have to be part of any trade.

Reactions: 3 users

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
We can also pick Tarrant as a delisted free agent. This will happen after list lodgement.

When n0rt is cutting their list down, they have to cut however hasn’t signed a contract for the next year. Whether that’s after 1st, 2nd or 3rd list lodgment. If he becomes a delisted free agent, then our Chol pick will not be affected.

There is still a bit to play out with Tarrant. He doesn’t have to be part of any trade.
Not sure that is necessarily correct. Otherwise they could just do the same thing with CCJ. North would need to willingly delist Tarrant to allow him to be picked up that way - just like we would have to delist CCJ for them to do similar with him (which wont happen - either we trade him or he goes to the PSD).

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I suspect this will be done relatively easily and early this week.

CJ and a future 4th for Pick 39 and Tarrant.

CJ is worth more than 39, Tarrant is worth more than a future 4th, so balance them out within the trade and move on to other trades.

tigerfan1961

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 25, 2004
I suspect this will be done relatively easily and early this week.

CJ and a future 4th for Pick 39 and Tarrant.

CJ is worth more than 39, Tarrant is worth more than a future 4th, so balance them out within the trade and move on to other trades.
And we keep the Chol compo pick unchanged. Not ideal but reasonable IMO

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
And we keep the Chol compo pick unchanged. Not ideal but reasonable IMO
The Chol pick can not be affected one way or the other. Chol is gone and pick 38 is ours.

At this point we can still seek to persuade CJ to stay. We can offer him more to do so. We have 4 years invested and Jack at the end of his career. He will probably face further frustration next year, but unless we recruit an Amiss or like, CJ next in line.

Hold off on an early deal unless pick 20 comes back... Two weeks to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users