Can Yze Coach? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Can Yze Coach?

Number one question is how do we stem the midfield bleeding?
Feels like we only have a band aid to put on a severed artery.

Interesting question. In the coaching briefing we got before the Bullies game we were told 3 things to look out for. The first and most important was how to manage stoppages and contests. Fair to say we failed. However what we had to do was clearly enunciated and illustrated via stills and videos. Last night the Swans did what we couldn't and proved, at least to me, that the coaches know what to do to beat teams. Now comes the hard bit, that is getting the team delivering/executing to the plan. that we obviously failed to do. Part experience, part body size/strength/part effort from my observation.

Interesting the other 2 key items laid out about how to defend and where to force the Dogs and how to attack were also undertaken/adopted by the Swans.

To me that says more about our maturity and confidence as a group. A bit more maturity a bit more confidence and some hardened body and I do believe that we look vastly different.

So yeah my take is that they can coach. Just need the right available players.

But hey, I'm an optimist.

Reactions: 14 users
Martin, Prestia, & Bolton not big/experienced enough? I get that we are missing Taranto & Hopper but playing Dow comes with a major cost clearly at stoppages.
Martin , Prestia and Bolton are the problems
All got flogged when in the midfield
And Dow to easily pushed out of the contest

Reactions: 1 user
Martin , Prestia and Bolton are the problems
All got flogged when in the midfield
And Dow to easily pushed out of the contest
Dow is a spud, problem is he is being gifted so many games due to injuries they wont flick him and we'll be stuck with him.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Pies have have 6 under 10 games tonight roughly. Still competing. No excuses. Yze needs to demand more and get harder.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Big ask for Ooze at the moment.
He’s got to rally the troops, get them playing good, hard fought footy and develop a sound game plan that the players follow and that keeps us competitive and at the same time sew up a top 2 draft pick.
Norm Smith, Leigh Matthews and Jeff Gieschen combined would struggle…

Great to see Yze on the ground getting involved with the players coming on and off the ground

Reactions: 10 users
Not sure....why is there STILL no kick out system...every other team has one...it can't be that hard.
And..why is Dow playing? He is seriously not suburban level.
Why has it taken 3 months to put Kosi back? He was never a forward.
Why did it take 10 weeks to coach from the bench? We have called it out for weeks.
Why is Rioli not in the middle? Etc etc...

Not convinced by a long way.

• Sad
Not sure....why is there STILL no kick out system...every other team has one...it can't be that hard.
And..why is Dow playing? He is seriously not suburban level.
Why has it taken 3 months to put Kosi back? He was never a forward.
Why did it take 10 weeks to coach from the bench? We have called it out for weeks.
Why is Rioli not in the middle? Etc etc...

Not convinced by a long way.

it took 10’weeks to coach from the bench because in the first 7 weeks we were competitive and it was not needed. It’s a year if learning give him a chance. If the basics aren’t being implemented in 3 years then different story.

Reactions: 4 users
He makes no moves
Becoming annoying that he starting to favour the older players instead of playing the kids

• Haha
Credit where due
Thought he coached ok last night
Although predictable kicks inside F50 still remain an issue
Happy to see Balta down back
You can see why Noah Cumberland doesn’t get picked too often as well

Last edited:
Outstanding coaching.
To turnaround 100point loss to 12 point loss to the 2nd team on the ladder is a massive coaching achievement.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
The longer this thread gets is testament to the mob’s stupidity.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Outstanding coaching.
To turnaround 100point loss to 12 point loss to the 2nd team on the ladder is a massive coaching achievement.
We actually should of won
We panicked when had control
Much better coached than previous weeks

The longer this thread gets is testament to the mob’s stupidity.
Oi! It's an online forum night carter. The mob's fully entitled to be as stupid as we want and you're permitted to lead the way instead of just yelling from the sidelines.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
There is an aside to last night's game that to me is a statement about Yze and that is sending Balta back. We tried something, it didn't work out so we changed it. It's what we want from a coach in the end, we want him to try things but we also want him to admit when it does not work and do that quickly.

I was pleasantly surprised when it happened because there are coaches who are very stubborn.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Took the L Plates off last night with proactive move to the bench & Balta back. Ridley & Hind played out their skin & no coach could have countered that.

Have a feeling Balta will go back forward against cats. Kosi to come in and play back. Unless Miller (useless) comes out.