Can Yze Coach? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Can Yze Coach?

Have a feeling Balta will go back forward against cats. Kosi to come in and play back. Unless Miller (useless) comes out.
Will stay back on Hawk
Balta was leading inceptor for most of last year
Turns ball over as we all know

Reactions: 1 user
Yze said in his presser that Kosi played down back yesterday and had a handful of intercept marks.

Yze said in his presser that Kosi played down back yesterday and had a handful of intercept marks.
A handful. Had 10 or so. Was huge and very strong. Only against a VFL (not that good) player but he was impressive. More impressive was Archie May playing on the AFL listed Sam Weideman and giving him a bath. Archie also rucked inside the forward 50 and was more than competitive. For a 19 year old kid I really like Archie.

Reactions: 5 users
A handful. Had 10 or so. Was huge and very strong. Only against a VFL (not that good) player but he was impressive. More impressive was Archie May playing on the AFL listed Sam Weideman and giving him a bath. Archie also rucked inside the forward 50 and was more than competitive. For a 19 year old kid I really like Archie.
Not the right thread, but I hope they pick Archie in the MSD. On topic, Kosi needs to come into the side as a defender. Honestly, what have we go to lose by trying it?

Reactions: 2 users
Not the right thread, but I hope they pick Archie in the MSD. On topic, Kosi needs to come into the side as a defender. Honestly, what have we go to lose by trying it?
Agree on both points. I like the idea of picking Archie in the MSD.

Took the L Plates off last night with proactive move to the bench & Balta back. Ridley & Hind played out their skin & no coach could have countered that.
He said in the presser it was more to get the younger players motivated (I liked when he was chatting to Hugo at one stage) but he prefers to stay in the box upstairs so he can get a proper view of the whole ground. I somehow think some assistants aren't doing much more than they can when on the bench. I noticed him have a big chat to Lambo too, who somehow looks too isolated and quiet when the TV shows him on the bench.

Reactions: 1 user
Lol no way balta goes near cameron it will be broady for sure balta has zero endurance he's a burst athlete!
LOL ? ....... LOL :ROFLMAO:

He might. He played on him last time we played and Cameron got a lot of possessions (over 20) but up the field a lot.

The point of the post was replying to the suggestion of Koschitske going back and Miller out. There is no way we will play with Kozy back, Miller out and Broad the only other tallish player when the Cats have Hawkins, Cameron and Henry forward. Balta will stay back imo and Miller stays in.

Kozy may come in for Ryan

He might. He played on him last time we played and Cameron got a lot of possessions (over 20) but up the field a lot.

The point of the post was replying to the suggestion of Koschitske going back and Miller out. There is no way we will play with Kozy back, Miller out and Broad the only other tallish player when the Cats have Hawkins, Cameron and Henry forward. Balta will stay back imo and Miller stays in.

Broad took cameron and balta took porkins go back and re watch the 2023 game maybe you missed it!!!! Screenshot_20240526_152729_AFL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Dislike
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users

The Giants showed on the weekend you don't need a tall on Cameron, just someone who can match him athletically.
From memory Broad has done the job before, and probably should get first crack at Cameron.

Miller will definitely play, and I reckon he should get Hawkins.

The other thing the Giants did well was to nullify Stewarts influence by running someone with him. I think other clubs have done it recently and it appears to be something the Cats are struggling with.

Give the umpires gifted them a couple and we gifted them 2-3 (which Yze pointed out) and they maybe gifted us 1 then we really kind of dominated overall (per clearances). Unfortunately, I think backline turnovers IS us and not sure how you coach that poor decision making/skill execution out. You need blokes that can drill quick moving 20-30m passes and not little floppy ones that get picked off or kick (*cough* *cough* Short) that go to opposition 3-1 outnumbers consistently. I think this is more that Essendon really isn't all that good - just bog average and completely flattered by draw, luck and opposition injuries.

Although if you were Ess you would argue poor goal kicking cost them although x-scores had them actually +3.6 and us +5.1 so pretty much no effect on the game..

If we get a consistent set of games for players then you'd hope we start to see the coach have us creating options we can execute that let us clear our backline w/out turnover. I get it when it just chops and changes every week that that is bloody hard to pull off.

The silver lining is its going to be hard to get out of the bottom 3 with hawthorn winning and west coast playing well at home even if we do have a patch when more troops return.

Reactions: 2 users
I was one of those calling for Hardwick's head at the end of 2016......................

I've grown up a bit since then :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Would we be having this conversation if fit and healthy Lynch, Taranto, Hopper, Gibcus and Grimes (?) played last night......

Let the kids get game time in the meantime and let the MC refine and develop his team for the future.......... surely we go into the draft with a war chest and when a few key players come back we will see how well he can Coach....

Reactions: 1 users
I say it again the club needs to spend the cash and get the best around Yze just like we did with Dimma in 2017. Better assistant coaches, fitness and medical, recruitment team etc.

There is a good coach there the top 2 sides in the competition one we won and won we lost by 2 goals. Alot of kids improving under him just from simple reason of playing them in there natural position and backing them. What I like to yesterday he was adaptable to change coaching from the bench and moving a few players where we needed them.

Can he mark above his head though?

Watched the game. Thought Kosi looked much better behind the ball and composed with it.