Can Yze Coach? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Can Yze Coach?

If nothing else Adem being our head coach has seen improvement in Ralphsmith, the rise of Campbell, Brown and McAuliffe so far this season son he must be doing something right. It is just a pity some of our regular first teamers are not leading the way they should

Reactions: 4 users
If nothing else Adem being our head coach has seen improvement in Ralphsmith, the rise of Campbell, Brown and McAuliffe so far this season son he must be doing something right. It is just a pity some of our regular first teamers are not leading the way they should
MoJo the other one I wrote off (along with Ralphsmith) that have had multiple games at the level now.

Reactions: 1 users

Agree also miller is having his best ever season

So that s

Mjr
Miller
Ralphsmith
Campvell
Dow
Brown
Ross

All having best ever seasons

The injuries have killed us

Too early to say if he can coach but he can definitely develop players

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I say it again the club needs to spend the cash and get the best around Yze just like we did with Dimma in 2017. Better assistant coaches, fitness and medical, recruitment team etc.

There is a good coach there the top 2 sides in the competition one we won and won we lost by 2 goals. Alot of kids improving under him just from simple reason of playing them in there natural position and backing them. What I like to yesterday he was adaptable to change coaching from the bench and moving a few players where we needed them.

The AFL has brought in an off field salary cap. When Dimma was getting all the best assistants and off field support there wasn't any cap on spending, and we did just that spend.

Our spending ability is currently limited and until the AFL releases the off field brakes we cannot do much more

The AFL has brought in an off field salary cap. When Dimma was getting all the best assistants and off field support there wasn't any cap on spending, and we did just that spend.

Our spending ability is currently limited and until the AFL releases the off field brakes we cannot do much more
That was during covid that problem. We have no exuse now Yze not even close to Dimma salary wise.

That was during covid that problem. We have no exuse now Yze not even close to Dimma salary wise.
There is still a soft cap. It is not free for all like it was pre COVID. the point of your original post was stating Richmond should spend more money, like at Dimma levels. Just saying with the soft cap we cannot do that and even if Yze is being paid less than Dimma

Reactions: 1 user
There is still a soft cap. It is not free for all like it was pre COVID
It's something like 7 mil now when it was 9 mil pre COVID, and with inflation a dollar back then is $1.17, so the cap would need to be closer to 11mil for it to actually be even with what it was back then

Reactions: 2 users
Just how important was Emma Murray to Tigers coaching team. She did what she did for us and now look what she is doing at Sydney. Is she still working with us at all?? Need her back with this young group we have.

Just how important was Emma Murray to Tigers coaching team. She did what she did for us and now look what she is doing at Sydney. Is she still working with us at all?? Need her back with this young group we have.
Agree. She was great for Duz.

Emma's still involved Leysy believes.

Soft cap is still down around $2.5 mill a year on the 2019 spend allowance, even if we aren't paying Ouzo as much as we paid Dimma the difference would probably have been swallowed up in a hurry by paying each of our assistant coaches a little bit more to try n give them a halfway decent quid for their work. AFLHQ more than happy to make sure all their shiny arses get plenty of shekels for an overdose of not much , but when it comes to allowing clubs proper funding to run elite level footy departments there's a completely different set of rules.
Clubs that spend over their footy dept soft cap get " taxed " an extra 75 cents for every dollar they go over the budget.

Think she left.
Once the magic died off and we didn’t make the finals she said she had no time for losers and left.

There is still a soft cap. It is not free for all like it was pre COVID. the point of your original post was stating Richmond should spend more money, like at Dimma levels. Just saying with the soft cap we cannot do that and even if Yze is being paid less than Dimma
We lost good people and replaced them with rejects have look at 2 of our assistant's. The same in fitness and conditioning. Other clubs attract the best. Not buying this soft cap. Simple get the best besides Yze.

Oh look, surprise, surprise, surprise, Porkins is pushing Balta in the back. I'll bet Noah didn't get a free for that.
Mykelti did an excellent impression of shovekins in the 2nd quarter on Saturday night. Kudos, it was Tom at his best.

We lost good people and replaced them with rejects have look at 2 of our assistant's. The same in fitness and conditioning. Other clubs attract the best. Not buying this soft cap. Simple get the best besides Yze.
I still have no idea how anyone from the outside can judge an Assistant Coach.

It is worth noting however that before they were senior coaches both Rutten and Teague were very highly rated assistants within the industry, which is of course why they got senior jobs. Just because they didn't succeed as senior coaches doesn't suddenly make them bad assistants. They have been good at that job in the past so why wouldn't they be again?

That being said I have no idea whether our assistant group is good or not, and I suspect none of us do really. Yze largely inherited the group, excluding Newy , and you would expect that over time he may bring in others he rates highly.

Reactions: 9 users

It is worth noting however that before they were senior coaches both Rutten and Teague were very highly rated assistants within the industry, which is of course why they got senior jobs. Just because they didn't succeed as senior coaches doesn't suddenly make them bad assistants. They have been good at that job in the past so why wouldn't they be again?

That being said I have no idea whether our assistant group is good or not, and I suspect none of us do really. Yze largely inherited the group, excluding Newy , and you would expect that over time he may bring in others he rates highly.

And Ziebell

C'mon, anyone who fails as a coach is not worth getting as an assistant coach cos they are obviously rubbish.
I cant imagine we had any failed coaches on board when we were winning.