capital punishment..ivan milat..j.knight.p.dupas..and any other scum | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

capital punishment..ivan milat..j.knight.p.dupas..and any other scum

for or against.capital punishment

• for/pedophiles.murder/multiple rape

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • depends on evidence

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • for/murder only

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • totally against

Votes: 18 54.5%
  • certain crime.dna proof

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Panthera tigris FC said:
Totally against it.

No one has addressed 6-pack's moral dilemma --> if murder is so abhorrent, why should murder be used as a punishment/cure/solution/deterrent?

I believe that if the execution is carried out as punishment for a crime for which the death penalty is appropriate, then it isn't murder.
If the state is abusing it's powers and executing prisoners to further it's own cause, then that would be murder.

Torture is pushing it a little too far. Just execute the pricks humanely and quickly and get it over and done with. Then we can all move on.

From a different point of view. What are others thoughts about war? Our army is pretty much equipped with one thing in mind, killing. Why is it OK for our army to kill others as a cure/solution? Why is it OK for our army to kill others to protect us and preserve our way of life but not OK to execute someone who has had a fair trial, whose guilt is beyond doubt and would be a risk to society if ever released?

I for one don't really want to live in fear that one day in the future, I might be out minding my own business and get blown away by some psycho who has just been released from prison after serving 27 years for killing 7 people in cold blood.

The punishment should fit the crime and if the death penalty is appropriate, then so be it.

One thing which is apparent is that capital punishment doesn't work as a deterrent.

America, which has one of the highest murder rates in the world, has capital punishment in many states.

May not deter others, but I can't see the executed criminal re-offending.

America has far a greater level of gun ownership which I think contributes to their murder rate.
Imagine the outcry over there if the U.S. government introduced similar gun laws to what we have.

1eyedtiger said:

America has far a greater level of gun ownership which I think contributes to their murder rate.
Imagine the outcry over there if the U.S. government introduced similar gun laws to what we have.

Hopefully prison helps to rehabilitate, but I agree there's always that chance once someone is released. Capital punishment doesn't bring back the victims tho, does it?

No punishment is going to bring back the victim(s), but should that fact get in the way of justice?

Six Pack said:
1eyedtiger said:

Hopefully prison helps to rehabilitate, but I agree there's always that chance once someone is released. Capital punishment doesn't bring back the victims tho, does it?

1-eyed,
I'm with you mate... :clap
People keep getting confused that "Capital punishment isn't a good deterrent...look at..."
Who said anything about it being a deterrent?
We're not going to deter nutters who want to go around killing people for the sake of it....but what capital punishment does do, is eliminate the criminal from this world. Victims (and potential victims) need not worry about them escaping prison, or getting a light sentence and getting out:

http://www.abc.net.au/stateline/vic/content/2000/s167665.htm

or causing trouble from a jail cell.
Look at the countless issues we've had from Dupas, Knight, and Milat protesting about this and that:

MASS murderer Julian Knight cost taxpayers $250,000, launching 16 claims in just three years. Only three of those had legal merit.
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22397068-2862,00.html

Knight, 39, has argued that he wanted to write letters of apology and explanation after being sentenced to life imprisonment, with a 27-year minimum, for murdering seven people and injuring 19 in 1987

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/state-vow-on-killers-attempt-to-contact-victims/2007/08/01/1185647980210.html

I still think that the victims and their families should have a say in the length of time in jail, or whether they want that person executed, or not.

1eyedtiger said:

well written 1 eye.i am in totalagreement and couldnt of conveyed my thoughts any better :clap as for deterant, ::) check out how many times peter dupas was let out to reoffend.an absolute travesty that this animal was continually let loose on the public :veryupset :veryupset :veryupset :veryupset :veryupset

ssstone said:
check out how many times peter dupas was let out to reoffend.an absolute travesty that this animal was continually let loose on the public

Every decent person would agree with that stoney but to me the problem is as you said he was let out not that he wasn't executed. Mongrels like that should never walk out of prison again. The system is at fault.

rosy23 said:
ssstone said:
check out how many times peter dupas was let out to reoffend.an absolute travesty that this animal was continually let loose on the public

Every decent person would agree with that stoney but to me the problem is as you said he was let out not that he wasn't executed. Mongrels like that should never walk out of prison again. The system is at fault.
yes the system rosy :frustration the judges/pysc's/social workers all got this one VERY WRONG.the problem is ,i think rosy is that the people making these judgements aren't everyday people.politicians/judges and social workers are that far out of touch ,due to living off the public tit they make very stupid decisions.not enough attention is paid to the victams.and that includes you and me being taxpayers

ssstone said:
rosy23 said:
ssstone said:

yes the system rosy :frustration the judges/pysc's/social workers all got this one VERY WRONG.the problem is ,i think rosy is that the people making these judgements aren't everyday people.politicians/judges and social workers are that far out of touch ,due to living off the public tit they make very stupid decisions.not enough attention is paid to the victams.and that includes you and me being taxpayers

Just need to pull you up hre, SStone. Are you arguing that all social workers are out of touch?

And people want to save these scumbags....and Rudd wants to campaign against the death-penalty in Asia... ::)
It seems the bombers don't mind dying, so why should we protest?

Bombers defiant
Updated: 04:28, Sunday October 14, 2007
The Bali bombers have told Australians to go to hell, as they mark the end of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, just a day after memorials were held to commemorate the fifth anniversary of the attack.
Imam Samudra was speaking after the killers attended a prayer service to mark the end of the month of fasting.
He said: 'Bush and alliance, you will all go to hell.'
He also said that he and fellow death row inmates Amrozi and Ali Ghufron are ready for death and are looking forward to going to paradise.
Amrozi, dubbed the smiling assassin, has described all non believers as his enemy and shows no remorse for the bombings.
As they left the prayer service they unravelled a banner and chanted 'god is great'.
The rants came just hours after survivors, families and friends came together at the bomb site to mark the exact moment the blast went off five years ago.
At the end of a day of commemoration, 202 baby turtles were released into the beach near where the Sari club once stood, to symbolise each of the dead.
88 Australians were among those killed in the attack.

http://www2.skynews.com.au/news/article.aspx?id=194586

Liverpool said:
And people want to save these scumbags....and Rudd wants to campaign against the death-penalty in Asia... ::)

Because I want them to die in jail after a long long life. Execute them we make them heroes for other fools.

That being said, I won't be lifting a finger to help them in anyway.

Tiger74 said:
Liverpool said:

Because I want them to die in jail after a long long life. Execute them we make them heroes for other fools.
That being said, I won't be lifting a finger to help them in anyway.

Do you really think they will die after a long life in the Bali Hotel?
They are corrupt as hell in Indonesia, and these scumbags won't serve any hard time...heck, they're already attending parties:

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22571813-661,00.html

Liverpool said:
Do you really think they will die after a long life in the Bali Hotel?
They are corrupt as hell in Indonesia, and these scumbags won't serve any hard time...heck, they're already attending parties:

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22571813-661,00.html

That will stop once people get bored of them. They are celeb's right now, but like all stories they will be consigned to the waste basket soon enough.

One thing I love about time, sooner or later it erodes all monuments.

Fox has been running repeats of the show about the Greenough Masacre this week. Has anyone watched it?

If ever there's absolute proof of the lack of justice provided by the Australian legal system, this is it.

Disco08 said:
Fox has been running repeats of the show about the Greenough Masacre this week. Has anyone watched it?

If ever there's absolute proof of the lack of justice provided by the Australian legal system, this is it.

Got a link for some details Patsy.

There's not heaps on it jimbob. This is a story about what the mother thinks about the killer's sentence. The story doesn't go into much detail, but the severity of the attacks was such that the court ordered details of two of them never be released to the public.

The killer was drinking, smoking pot and injecting amphetamines for hours prior to the murders and rapes. He confessed with no remorse and recounted the events in detail with no emotion. He was sentenced to life in prison with the right to apply for parole after 20 years on the grounds that he didn't fit the psychological profile of someone that couldn't be rehabilitated.