Captain(s) watch | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Captain(s) watch

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Life's getting a bit tough for the big Nankster lately. Poor bastards gotta be a Co - Captain, First Ruck n Prime On Baller all at the same time every week. Poor bastard's probably in need of a bit of a chop out at times.

Tigerdangerous

Tigerdangerous
Aug 30, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
I hate the dual captaincy with a passion.
So do I. In fact it's B%#2&it.
Made worse by the fact the club let the players choose their captain. That’s just crazy. It’s taking a holistic and inclusive mentality to an unworkable level. And reflects badly on Hadwick and his coaching team. Because it should be them that decide who is going to lead the playing group.

Neither Grimes or Nankervis have the necessary steel in their characters to look at a team mate in the heat of battle and without opening their mouths, let their team mate know that play was unacceptable. Being liked and seen as a good guy by your mates at any sporting club should never be a criteria for being chosen as the captain of that group. And the playing group should NEVER choose their own captain.

Hardwick needs to own this, and stop being Mother Hubbert a little less!

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
So do I. In fact it's B%#2&it.
Made worse by the fact the club let the players choose their captain. That’s just crazy. It’s taking a holistic and inclusive mentality to an unworkable level. And reflects badly on Hadwick and his coaching team. Because it should be them that decide who is going to lead the playing group.

Neither Grimes or Nankervis have the necessary steel in their characters to look at a team mate in the heat of battle and without opening their mouths, let their team mate know that play was unacceptable. Being liked and seen as a good guy by your mates at any sporting club should never be a criteria for being chosen as the captain of that group. And the playing group should NEVER choose their own captain.

Hardwick needs to own this, and stop being Mother Hubbert a little less!
Agree. Back to single skipper next season and someone in early - mid 20s

Reactions: 1 user

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Captaincy does not make you play any better or any worse. Another knee jerk reaction on PRE.

The burden of feeling like you need to inspire with every possession seems like a potential form modifier to me.

Particularly when we’re talking about two great, selfless club men.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
I think we can now genuinely entertain the notion that our captains are both well down on form and have been since they were appointed.

My guess is they will close out the year but we will look to someone else in 2024.

Thank you both for your service and over to you soon Tom Lynch.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Both Grimesy & Nank really need to be at their best this week both on & off field. Real test of their mettle as co-captains.
It's not fair to place too much on their shoulders as there's plenty of other leaders at the club but strong performances vs Port this week would sure help lift the group.

Reactions: 2 users

Stackey

Tiger Rookie
Jan 13, 2022
In hindsight, the start of the decline...co-captains...reeks of a desperate smart alecky move...rather than an organic growth tactic!

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Both Grimesy & Nank really need to be at their best this week both on & off field. Real test of their mettle as co-captains.
It's not fair to place too much on their shoulders as there's plenty of other leaders at the club but strong performances vs Port this week would sure help lift the group.
Im sorry kids both are currently delist quality.
Grimes couldn't be playing any worse and nakas I will give him a pass coming back from injury, but he was shocking on Saturday night

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Lynch or Baker

Like the way Tarranto goes about it to , leads by example with his gut running & hard at the contest

Reactions: 1 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Moving foward something needs to be done.
Nakas our Captain let lycett who was in the delist queue have his best game of the season.
The was no need to replace Cotchin till he finished.
Grimes has been horrendous most of this year and nakas in between his injuries is getting slaughtered in the middle.
Not sure who can take over but we need a change.
I would look at Baker

Cooper O'Reilly

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 5, 2021
Taranto, Lynch and Bakes as the 3 man leadership group. Any of the three would be worthy captains

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
Agree Taranto/Lynch/Bakes the top 3 but I want our Captain to play like their life depends on it.

Gotta be Bakes