Captaincy (poll) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Captaincy (poll)

Who's going to be captain?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Congratulations to Dylan & Toby. Well done to those especially that picked Nank.
Not a huge fan of co captaincy but trust the club to know what's best at this point in time.
Great success story for a pre seson draftee and a swans fringe player.
We can send them out as good cop-bad cop!

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Well deserved to both. I hope in Sept the AFL manage to weld a 3rd handle onto the Premiership Cup so we can lift it in style. God help the opposing Capt trying to release the Cup last during the grand Final parade.

But this co-captaincy *smile*. I don't think co-captains have ever won a premiership. I fear RFC may have jumped the shark going down the co-captaincy route. We reset the modern leadership thinking when we did away with big leadership groups and instead and 1 Captain and 2 Vice. It won us 3 flags. Doesn't sit right.

Reactions: 1 user

Rmudie

Tiger Cub
Feb 13, 2017
Well deserved to both. I hope in Sept the AFL manage to weld a 3rd handle onto the Premiership Cup so we can lift it in style. God help the opposing Capt trying to release the Cup last during the grand Final parade.

But this co-captaincy *smile*. I don't think co-captains have ever won a premiership. I fear RFC may have jumped the shark going down the co-captaincy route. We reset the modern leadership thinking when we did away with big leadership groups and instead and 1 Captain and 2 Vice. It won us 3 flags. Doesn't sit right.
Swans in 2012 had co captains Goods and McVeigh

bugsy

TIGERISING
Jul 31, 2004
I didn’t pick it but I’m now 100% in support. There will be no pussy-footing around with these two guys running the show.

They are as tough as nails and play to win at all costs. Yes, they do intimidate and test the rules a bit…. but that’s what is needed. It will also enable Cotch and Dusty to fully focus on their health and fitness.

Let’s go Tigers!!!

Reactions: 4 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane

Swans have won 2 premierships with co-captains. 2012 (McVeigh and Goodes; McVeigh was captain in the GF). 2005 (Hall, Kirk and Barry; Hall was captain in the GF).

I assume there are/will be quite prescriptive and distinct roles and responsibilities for each, including a process for determining coin tosses, premiership cup raising, media etc

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Swans have won 2 premierships with co-captains. 2012 (McVeigh and Goodes; McVeigh was captain in the GF). 2005 (Hall, Kirk and Barry; Hall was captain in the GF).
Ah, that explains why the official premiership Captain lists only have single names.

Still don't like it.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Grimes will do interviews for BT called games. Nank will not!! Good system, I like
(y)

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

bugsy

TIGERISING
Jul 31, 2004
Grimes will do interviews for BT called games. Nank will not!! Good system, I like
(y)
Agree fully.

Nank the Tank will handle all interactions with Kane Cornes and Damien Barrett. Problem solved!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user