Carltony | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carltony

Curnow's past two weeks have proven seriously costly. Not putting it on one bloke but his unreliability in the past two weeks when he needed to stand up most frankly cost his club. He shouldn't be absolved of any of his part in the demise, Coleman medal or not.

There was one passage yesterday where he should have gone back and kicked the goal. Instead he rushes with a snap, ball lands straight down the throat of a Collingwood opponent in the goal square. Said then something like that could cost a match. Looking at it through individual moments, it did.
I posted during the game that he looks to have the yips.

He reminds me in so many ways of Richo, still probably my favourite ever Tiger.

Reactions: 1 user
Curnow's past two weeks have proven seriously costly. Not putting it on one bloke but his unreliability in the past two weeks when he needed to stand up most frankly cost his club. He shouldn't be absolved of any of his part in the demise, Coleman medal or not.

There was one passage yesterday where he should have gone back and kicked the goal. Instead he rushes with a snap, ball lands straight down the throat of a Collingwood opponent in the goal square. Said then something like that could cost a match. Looking at it through individual moments, it did.
Yep bad kicking and poor decision making kills ya.

Tigers know this only too well.

Curnow or King
That's what our kids have to put up with nowadays. Flaky at best.
When we had Dunstall Ablett Salmon Carey Roach to witness true full forwards
Game was played differently in those days Zips , it was more one on one and much less defence.

I remember last year a twitter poster called The Trade whisperer said we were into Curnow. Turned out that it was garbage and he had his twitter account closed down but it got my attention because he is a seriously good player. He has had a poor few weeks but I am not sure there is a set of two key forwards I would rather have than he and McKay right now given their age profiles. We have to remember he has come back from some serious injuries as well.

Game was played differently in those days Zips , it was more one on one and much less defence.

I remember last year a twitter poster called The Trade whisperer said we were into Curnow. Turned out that it was garbage and he had his twitter account closed down but it got my attention because he is a seriously good player. He has had a poor few weeks but I am not sure there is a set of two key forwards I would rather have than he and McKay right now given their age profiles. We have to remember he has come back from some serious injuries as well.
Don't give them excuses.
Missed basic shots that ended up costing his team dearly..

Cartoon, Carltony or Ninthton take your pick.....but hang on, there's a 4th one.....Choketon

2022, 1977 and 1944!! They were in the top 8 (2022) from R1 - R22, and in top 4 (1944) from R4 - R18 (final round) until they lost last game by 1 point and missed finals. In 1977 they were in top 5 all season until they lost final round by 18 points and missed finals.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm not saying this because of the subject matter - but whoever runs that 7AFL page is a deadset f*****g idiot.

The content is absolute dross each and every time - inane questions, terrible takes and general nuffy posting. I hope the person who does that job didn't waste time and money studying at university to land a gig doing that.

Worst legitimate AFL page online by a country mile.

Reactions: 4 users
What's the difference between Carltony and an arsonist.

An arsonist wouldn't waste 23 matches :p

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
I'm not saying this because of the subject matter - but whoever runs that 7AFL page is a deadset f*****g idiot.

The content is absolute dross each and every time - inane questions, terrible takes and general nuffy posting. I hope the person who does that job didn't waste time and money studying at university to land a gig doing that.

That’s what you get when you hand the keys over to the work experience kid with no oversight support or guidance

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone seen 7AFL's report cards on teams that didn't make the eight?

The Blues one is that far off the mark it's not funny.

Let's have a look ...

"Proved they were finals material time and time again ... "

No, they didn't. Sh!t the bed time and time again is more apt. SEE against St Kilda, Gold Coast, Adelaide ...

"They made strides from 2021, but missing out again with Cripps, McKay, Curnow, Weitering, Walsh and co. in their prime is a clear fail."

No denying not playing finals was a fail, but McKay and Weitering missed significant chunks of the season, so there goes that argument.

"The Blues are ready to contend"

WTF, are you high? If they were, they'd be deeply entrenched in the top eight - top four! One only needs to look at the closing minutes of the past two weeks to figure out this isn't a team ready to contend.

Seriously bad review here. About as bad as their television coverage.

Reactions: 4 users

WTF, are you high? If they were, they'd be deeply entrenched in the top eight - top four! One only needs to look at the closing minutes of the past two weeks to figure out this isn't a team ready to contend.
most opinions in the media is as about as relevant as any on forums etc- some of the stuff is laughably wrong. but
if you want to be a brightsider about Carlton's future look at Richmond- wasted opportunities in 13, 14 and 15. Were horrible in 16. blew games we should have won early 17, played one of the worst halves of football ever against the Saints late in the season- it was as bad as 2010. premiership.
even this year we obviously lost games we never should have, made mistakes even inexperienced teams shouldnt make, but we are going to win the premiership again.
not saying Carlton will win, but things can change quickly if the talent is there, and the club is run the right way. Carlton have some talent, and the coach seems decent, i have no idea about the rest of the club though.
that is if you want to be a brightsider about Carlton's future.

I dont- you are *smile* and will stay that way! :LOL:

Clear under-achievement by Carlton this year and will set them back.

But contenders next year? Yeah, can't see it. 2022 should have been a year of building and making finals for Carlton. They missed out but that should burn and they should make finals next year. If the powers that be at Carlton are sensible they will be looking for holes in the list, looking to make finals and hopefully win a final next year and then contend in a couple of years.

That said, the 7 article was just spouting whatever they thought would get them clicks on their site, they just want to attract views with footy stories and hype the interest in their AFL coverage.

DS

Let's have a look ...

No, they didn't. Sh!t the bed time and time again is more apt. SEE against St Kilda, Gold Coast, Adelaide ...

"They made strides from 2021, but missing out again with Cripps, McKay, Curnow, Weitering, Walsh and co. in their prime is a clear fail."

No denying not playing finals was a fail, but McKay and Weitering missed significant chunks of the season, so there goes that argument.

I like the Blues age profile. You need a ruckman and a key back, get that sorted and you’re contenders. :vomit;)

Let's have a look ...

As an aside I think eventually clubs who are down for long enough get enough elite talent to have a good side but it is that next step that is the hardest and that requires actually developing players to their potential . The blues have made some mistakes along the way with some of their picks and they have also recruited some players who haven't really come on but there is some high end, high draft pick talent in the team in Cripps, Walsh, Weitering, Curnow and McKay. Where I have been critical of them is that the next level hasn't really come on. Whether that is poor player development or poor drafting I wouldn't be close enough to know.

When you add to the list above Saad, Docherty, Cerra, Kennedy and others they should be a very decent team but they have a lot of players who haven't played to their perceived potential, both draftees and recruits from other clubs.

The difference to us in the end this year is that we brought in players like Sonsie, Miller, Cumberland and MRJ, none of who were high draft picks but have seemingly been recipients of being under a great player development program.

Is that fair or unfair ?

Hoping they don't just look at the last game, the last four weeks, the last half of the season on review. I'm sure the club will dissect it all with a fine-tooth comb, but ...

I remember matches early on in the season against Hawthorn and Port Adelaide - Blues opened up big leads in those, and only won by less than a kick - Hawks was a point, Port I think was four points.

Miss out on the finals by .6 per cent.

I remember saying that day that blowing those big leads could later prove costly, well, guess what? Seems it wasn't just the matches they lost that cost the club, in some instances.

As an aside I think eventually clubs who are down for long enough get enough elite talent to have a good side but it is that next step that is the hardest and that requires actually developing players to their potential . The blues have made some mistakes along the way with some of their picks and they have also recruited some players who haven't really come on but there is some high end, high draft pick talent in the team in Cripps, Walsh, Weitering, Curnow and McKay. Where I have been critical of them is that the next level hasn't really come on. Whether that is poor player development or poor drafting I wouldn't be close enough to know.

When you add to the list above Saad, Docherty, Cerra, Kennedy and others they should be a very decent team but they have a lot of players who haven't played to their perceived potential, both draftees and recruits from other clubs.

The difference to us in the end this year is that we brought in players like Sonsie, Miller, Cumberland and MRJ, none of who were high draft picks but have seemingly been recipients of being under a great player development program.

Is that fair or unfair ?
I don't think it's unfair - development has been a question mark for a long time for mine.

Does Curnow for example make the same *smile*-ups on Sunday under better development systems? Durdin? I'm not close enough to know either, but it's sure crossed my mind.