Carltony | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carltony

tigermike said:
No wonder, they traded away their older players! Is this a conspiracy to make him look even worse? I just wonder if the players don't believe in him because he has not played at AFL level or are the players just not skilled enough or sharp enough to make correct instinctive decisions on the field?

My guess is the board has woken up and said we’re not even that young a team, other young sides are performing better. So Daisy’s going for a spell and you’re going to play the kids, Brendon, and you’re going to prove to us you can coach. Or else.

How far would it have skewed things if Daisy and Simpson played?

Is it as simple as both being unavailable

Geez imagine going through a season like they are having only to see your number one pick handed to the crowd. Wow talk about rubbing salt into the wounds!!

tha8ball said:
Geez imagine going through a season like they are having only to see your number one pick handed to the crowd. Wow talk about rubbing salt into the wounds!!

Especially when the number 1 pick is a gun midfielder. The midfielder that could’ve been the one to assist Cripps, but never fear when Silivagni is near. What GWS hack will he give away another top quality pick for?

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Youngest team Bolton's put on the park in his 77 games. Suspect someone else is pulling the strings at selection.

I love this quote by Bolton after yet another loss:

“But what I love about the group [is] they haven’t lost belief, they’re building resilience".

caesar said:

“But what I love about the group [is] they haven’t lost belief, they’re building resilience".
Yep, losing will do that.

tha8ball said:
Funny thing is the train wreck trade was for all to see on that AFL draft video which showed the thought process was nothing more sophisticated than a game of two-up. Will be out there forever

Leysy Days said:
How far would it have skewed things if Daisy and Simpson played?

Is it as simple as both being unavailable

Average for the season is 24.33, yesterday was 23.35. So it does make a big difference.

Reckon Bolton would've wanted Thomas out there as he helps to keep them competitive.

After 3.5 years they're still paring back after bringing in a heap of early-20's list-cloggers and ditching them again. Fasolo, Lang, Phillips, Lobbe, Plowman, Garlett, Gibbons, Goddard, Kennedy, Setterfield, Macreadie, Newman all arrived ready to play, and all have question marks over their heads to some degree. Even the big money signing McGovern, who appears to be made out of tissue paper. Passes conceded to Docherty, Liam Jones, Thomas and probably Marchbank.

The list of tried-and-failed retreads who've already left in Bolton's time is eye-watering, and much longer.

Too many retreads adding little, but above all else, the kids still haven't been taught how to play. Cripps won the b&f before Bolton got there.

And to think there are still a few Carlton fans towing the 'patience' line. They've been hoodwinked.

caesar said:

On its own, yesterday's loss was palatable given the youth of the team (Essendon +1.82 yrs). But not 3.5 years in!

A Carlton supporter posted elsewhere that the coterie was sold Silvagni's 66-game rebuild, now expired by 11 games, as similar to the Bulldogs under Beveridge and culminating in a flag. Staggering if true. They've never been on the map.

JimJessTorp said:
Patrick Cripps K-2 H-9 D- 11 M-3 T-8

Straight swap for Ellis.

That was the other thing. Bolton said Cripps played a different role yesterday. Another sign that Bolton is no longer in control for mine. Get him out of the way and see what others can do on the ball.

There’s a video on the AFL Nuffies page on FB of a Carlton feral burning his beanie and jacket. Hilarious.

caesar said:

By the end of the season they will have become the most resilient team in the history of the afl ( if they aren't that already)

Hating Carlton is only a sport.
Hating Collingwood is a religion. Where is their subject topic so I can fill 156 pages on my own?

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Average for the season is 24.33, yesterday was 23.35. So it does make a big difference.

Reckon Bolton would've wanted Thomas out there as he helps to keep them competitive.

After 3.5 years they're still paring back after bringing in a heap of early-20's list-cloggers and ditching them again. Fasolo, Lang, Phillips, Lobbe, Plowman, Garlett, Gibbons, Goddard, Kennedy, Setterfield, Macreadie, Newman all arrived ready to play, and all have question marks over their heads to some degree. Even the big money signing McGovern, who appears to be made out of tissue paper. Passes conceded to Docherty, Liam Jones, Thomas and probably Marchbank.

The list of tried-and-failed retreads who've already left in Bolton's time is eye-watering, and much longer.

Too many retreads adding little, but above all else, the kids still haven't been taught how to play. Cripps won the b&f before Bolton got there.

And to think there are still a few Carlton fans towing the 'patience' line. They've been hoodwinked.

Do you have a list of them Lee?