Carltony | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carltony

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Voss would be a great appointment. I'm certain Voss will be a successful senior coach one day, he is too good a footy mind not to be.

He's the most impressive footy coach I've ever come across, motivating and knowledgeable.
Wouldn't his success, like any coaches, depend on the playing list? Or do coaches have influence over the success or otherwise of a team??

Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
From a far don't reckon it is a bad appointment, but it was obvious the Blues were always going high profile.
Kingsley, McQualter etc never had a chance.

Reactions: 4 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
If he can take that sucess he achived at Brisbane as a coach and reproduce at Carltoon, everyone will be happy

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The clincher in Voss getting the head job was him telling Carlton that he will be bringing his assistants from “the recruit” with him.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Carlton were thrilled that Vossy was still available at their pick. They expected him to go much higher.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Titus O'Reily posted a picture of the media conference and captioned it, "Thoughts are with Michael Voss at this difficult time."

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
If he can take that sucess he achived at Brisbane as a coach and reproduce at Carltoon, everyone will be happy
So also first move to get SOS back as the rightful club recruiting boss as well!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Any truth to the rumour Brian Cook was texting Clarko during the presser to check whether he had changed his mind?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I'm pretty certain if he has a good playing list he will be a better coach than if he doesn't.
You said you are certain he will be a successful coach, how are ou so certain he will end up with a good playing list?
And why are you any more certain he will have a good playing list than anyone else who coaches? After all i am sure you have said many times coaches have very limited influence on the success of their teams.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I follow Titus O'reilly on Instagram

His post was

mrtitusoreily's profile picture

mrtitusoreily

Thoughts are with Michael Voss at this difficult time.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
That's not really what I've said. I've said that we over and under rate the ability of coaches based on the performance of the side.

Every good side has a good coach and every bad side has a poor coach.

Maybe previously, but I think we’re moving away from that.

A lot of people have (rightly) praised David Noble’s job so far, and his team finished last.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
I hope for Vossy’s sake he asked to see their player payments before signing on. They have been spending up big on recruits in recent seasons and look like doing it again. All this money spent and they aren’t even a finals side yet. How are they going to afford fresh players to take them from a top 8 side to a genuine contender?

The last team to splash a seemingly endless amount of cash on recruits was Collingwood under Buckley and we know how that turned out.

Reactions: 1 users