Carltony | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carltony

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
The Blues - and the Hawks and Cats - are an interesting study re: all the recycled players they've brought in.

Does it work? I havent got a clue but from recent experience (Bulldogs, Tigers, Dees) it doesn't look that way, does it? Not sure. A couple of high quality players from other clubs helps though (Lever/May or Lynch/Prestia).

The recycleds haven't done much for the Hawks with O’Meara, Mitchell, Wingard, Frost, Impey, Scrimshaw, Phillips, Hartigan. Think I am missing a few.
Hasn't quite got the Cats over the line with Tuohy, Jack Steven, Rohan, Dalhouse, Issac Smith (who's a massive tosser IMO), Higgins, Josh Jenkins, Henderson, even over the back Cameron.

If the Blues fans didnt have Walsh, McKay and Weitering to follow throughout their careers (and also Cripps to a degree, although he's looking cooked), it'd be a pretty hollow experience at the footy. Cerra might help change that, he's still so young.
Off the top of my head, you can add scully, vickery and Patton for the hawks

Reactions: 1 user

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
Ch 7 news reporting one Carlton player refusing to receive Covid vaccination.

Story also implied a Saints player may have also refused.

They said they knew who the Carlton player is but chose not to report it.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Ch 7 news reporting one Carlton player refusing to receive Covid vaccination.

Story also implied a Saints player may have also refused.

They said they knew who the Carlton player is but chose not to report it.
Hopefully Sam Walsh and Jack Steele

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Interesting that for at least a decade every AFL club in the competition has a day where everyone in the club files into the Dr and has a flu vaccination, and there's never a question from anyone.
Flu vaccines have been around since the 1930's and are on the WHO List of Essential Medicines.

Covid vaccines haven't earned their spot yet.

Reactions: 2 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Depends who you ask I suppose.
WHO recently updated the list and had this to say.

"The Expert Committee did not consider any applications for the inclusion of medicines for the treatment or prevention of COVID-19. The COVID-19 pandemic has seen the quick evolution of knowledge on a previously unknown disease, rapidly evolving clinical hypotheses and proposals of potential treatments. As knowledge accumulates within an emergency framework for a pathogen that is rapidly evolving, the quality of the evidence necessarily also changes over short timeframes. This scenario does not fit within the intended aim of the EML, which has a longer-term scope and gives much weight to the certainty of the value of selected medicines. In the emergency context WHO recommendations on best available treatments are presented as part of WHO guidelines. However, this scenario might evolve and therapeutic options for COVID-19 may be considered for inclusion in Model Lists in the future."

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
I hear there are a few around a quite a few clubs. The Carlton one I believe will be resolved, just a straight out lack of understanding on the part of the player.

The St Kilda one is a bit more complicated I believe.

Interesting that for at least a decade every AFL club in the competition has a day where everyone in the club files into the Dr and has a flu vaccination, and there's never a question from anyone.
If the meeja is to be believed, your statement is a mile off

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

True. I'm pro-vax but can see it's a bit different than regular flu vaccine. mRNA is perceived to be new technology (even though it's been around since the 90s in trials and experimentation), and of course its never been done in the wild and on this scale.

The other side is the politics - you have the Ivermectin/alternative treatment nuts, the regular anti-vaxxers, and of course the politicisation through proposed vaccine mandates, lockdowns, vax passports etc. I'm on the side of the vaccine angels here but I can understand why some people buy into the alternative politics of it.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
TBR is generally right on his inside info so if the player buckles down and gets vaxxed we can score TBR 1:0 Media
um no, if it was a "straight out lack of understanding" as TBC days, it would have been sorted by a quick chat to the Club Doc or whomever & have blown over by now

Reactions: 3 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
um no, if it was a "straight out lack of understanding" as TBC days, it would have been sorted by a quick chat to the Club Doc or whomever & have blown over by now

The Carlton vaccine refusenik saga - WILL WE EVER KNOW THE TRUTH

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I wonder how much attention Jones pays to anything else he gets injected with? what brand of painkillers he gets etc.

Reactions: 3 users