CAsey on The Footy Show / Casey must go to revive Tigers by Caroline Wilson [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

CAsey on The Footy Show / Casey must go to revive Tigers by Caroline Wilson [Merged]

Re: CAsey on The Footy Show

I agree with Claw. I thought Caro's article was logical, factual and written without rancour or any agenda. She was just stating reality.

And it's not like she hasn't given Casey a fair go. She always used to write about how much time he put into the club and his 'effort'. It seems that now (like most of us) she has come to realise that he is not the person for the job and in the interests of the mighty RFC he should go and go quickly.

Instead of blaming everyone else, maybe he should have a quick look in the mirror.

I don't doubt he tried, but it's time for someone else, cos whatever's he's doing it ain't working. :( :(

the claw said:
WHY SHOULDNT SHE WANT CASEY OUT. AS FAR AS I CAN SEE HE IS SENDING US DOWN THE GURGLER. WHEN HE CAME TO THE CLUB WE HAD OVER 2 MIL IN THE BANK AND WHEN HE IS FINALLY FORCED OUT AT THE END OF THE YR HOW MUCH WILL WE BE IN DEBT 2 3 OR EVEN 4 MIL. HE HAS FAILED MISERABLY IN THE 2KEY AREAS WE NEED HIM TO BE GOOD AT 1)THE FINANCIAL RUNNING OF THE CLUB 2)THE BUILDING OF A COMPETETIVE TEAM.
GOOD ON YA CARO FOR CALLING IT AS IT REALLY IS I ONLY HOPE MORE OF YOUR COLLEAGES DO THE SAME.

You must really mean it claw, I've never seen you use a capital letter before, even at the start of sentences.

BTW, I agree with you. Good on you Caro, who could possibly believe the snake oil salesman.

Oh Dear!

Much like our "beloved" El Presidente Casey, many ferals just cannot accept that the Richmond Football Club is a basket case. And to make matters worse, are lashing out at a sports jounalist (and a good one at that) claiming they have some kind of hidden agenda and are hell bent on undermining the club.

IMHO 90% of what Caroline Wilson writes about Richmond is painfully correct and the other 10% ain't that far off the mark. She writes negative articles about Richmond not because she is pushing some agenda but because most of what happens at Richmond is NEGATIVE!

It is frustratingly apparent that some administrators and supporters are still in denial about the true state of affairs at Richmond and the sooner we all wake up and accept our position as the worst club in the league the sooner we'll arrest this 20 year slide and begin the long climb back.

It's very tough to judge things on the administartive side of the club.

I think it should be reasonable for the club to provide budget forecasts and business plans for the next two to three years. Every business can go through ups and downs financially. Football clubs are no different.

For example Casey has said that they need to pay a higher wage for a CEO if they wanted a good one (market rates). Thats fair enough, with the business revenue an AFL club generates that makes sense. However that also raises the expenditure of a club.

Now in a business or strategic plan there may be ideas and moves that cater for this with a raise in revenue somewhere that may take three years or so to kick in. This means that even though we lose money for one or two years we recoup it in five and actually make much more.

I dont know if that is the case, but everybody needs to take that into consideration before any knee jerk reactions take place. Wanting a revolution can be fine intially but if there is a plan in place and the result of that plan will mean increased revenue over a five year period for instance, the last thing you want to do is rock the boat and put all that at risk.

Lets hope anybody planning a coup takes that into consideration, as well as all those who may vote on any new board or board positions.

Im with the fast and the furious here.

The reason she writes negatively about the club is because its being run by a ship of fools!!
Add to the fact she loves Richmond just like we do,and its easy to work out why the overtone is so clear.
She would also have a better idea of what happens at board level due to her father being president of the club for such a long time.
At the end of the day she is a concerned Richmond fan just like me.........and most of you.

He has really matured alot since leaving the Bulldogs

defiantly captain material

Yeah well there is not to many that could captain the club is there?

Re: Casey must go to revive Tigers by Caroline Wilson

As soon as the ticket emerges and is known Caro there will be an EGM.... mark my words ;)

Re: Casey must go to revive Tigers by Caroline Wilson

i was gonna suggest that great pres, ronnie reagan for the role....alas

Re: CAsey on The Footy Show / Casey must go to revive Tigers by Caroline Wilson

caro for pres!!!