CAsey on The Footy Show / Casey must go to revive Tigers by Caroline Wilson [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

CAsey on The Footy Show / Casey must go to revive Tigers by Caroline Wilson [Merged]

Re: CAsey on The Footy Show

Casey comes across as a dishonest person and looked very uncomfortable with questioning last night.
Glad Hird caught him out about being an Essendon supporter. :mad:

You are all a bit hard on Caro. She's simply a disgruntled supporter like all of us here on PRE but has the ability to take her gripes to a wider audience.

FullBackFwd said:
Casey must go to revive Tigers

In recent days, Casey has hit the campaign trail. He has granted in-depth interviews with most newspapers and yet in doing so he has broken pledges, blamed pretty much everyone but himself for Richmond's current basket-case state and caused further damage along the way.

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2004/06/03/1086203569565.html

Great article Caro. Keep fighting for the right. We need Richmond people to use their skills in all fields where ever possible and Caro's specialty lies in journalism.

She's spot on with the above comment of Casey. He shows very little compassion for people who suddenly "resign" from positions at the club. It's everyone's fault bar his.

There's one common denominator here Clinton and the longer this draws on the more obvious it's becoming. :mad:

rosy3 said:
She's spot on with the above comment of Casey. He shows very little compassion for people who suddenly "resign" from positions at the club. It's everyone's fault bar his.

There's one common denominator here Clinton and the longer this draws on the more obvious it's becoming. :mad:

Go Rosy. I've never seen you so negative on anyone or anything.

Haha whoops. I'm being sucked into the darkside....... :-[

I hate cover ups and I dislike the way Clinton berates people in public. I think his treatment of Ian Campbell was terrible. It's a low act to shaft someone then put them down in public as well.

I haven't said anything here I wouldn't say to Clinton's face though. I'd love him to convince me I have things wrong. Can't see that happening though. :'(

I reckon Caroline "bloody" Wilson is *smile* stirrer of the highest order Rosy. Personally ,I wish she didn't barrack for us.Over the years she's done alot more harm than good with her "sensationalism" and insider info.

I've always been loathe to comment on whether Casey was good for us or bad.Hierarchy's and administrations arn't my forte or field of interest for that matter. It seems the majority of PRE enders arnt happy with Casey and I'm willing to bow to their superior understanding of the situation.Obviously keeping the members in the dark and unvileling a $2m loss after predicting a 600k profit isn't a good look. He has done some good things over the years including appointing Miller.

Perhaps she is right on this occassion but I wouldn't be too quick to thank her for her hatchett jobs.She has an agenda here,always had. If shes such an expert on all things Richmond,why doesnt she get her hands dirty and go down and help the club.Airing our dirty laundry is no help.I reckon her and Fatprick just love reporting on  the Tiges most the time they can barely contain there glee as they slam our once proud club. :mad:

This in not me shooting the messenger.If she wants to report the news thats fine,we all know our club is a bit of a rabble. I just hate how she dresses up here "facts" to suit herself and push her strange agenda's.

The thing we need most at a time of trying to attract a proffessional coach is STABILITY she certainly doesn't  that aid our cause.

Let me say while I am not a CC fan and think he will go at the end of the year I thought he did well on the footy show. I thought he accepted responsibility for the mess we are in.

evo said:
The thing we need most at a time of trying to attract a proffessional coach is STABILITY she certainly doesn't that aid our cause.

Fair enough evo. Each to their own. Caro is one of my preferred journos because she tends to get in and gets the facts rather than re-hashing someone elses stories.

Caro probably has the option of writing an article about how well the club is being run, but I suspect she'd look a tad stupid if she tried it.

Just because it's not painting Richmond in a good light is no reason for me to dislike her. There wouldn't be one honest person at RFC who could say the club isn't a rabble.

The cynic in me wonders if she's given inside information from the club at times she's so spot on with her info.

We might need stability but there is a lot of concern amongst people that we are in such a dire situation we mightn't have a club for a coach to be part of in the future if things continue the way they are.

The cynic in me wonders if she's given inside information from the club at times she's so spot on with her info

She definately does.This is the crux of my point. I'm of the opinion she uses this info to push her agendas through medium that only she has.

All I'm saying is that I, as member ,never voted for her yet she weilds immense power at our club via her position in the media.

The above piece isn't a report on facts its her spin on it. If you thinks she's fighting the good fight I can respect that.I just don't think she's doing it out of her love for the club. Years ago she demonstrated to me she has no true love, in the way most PRE enders to do, for our club.

I was a campaigner for stability for just that reason, evo.

However that time has passed. A potential coach now will be looking for a change of direction from the club, they will not come to the shambling, disorganised, mess that we are now. The hypothetical coach (and don't forget the 30,000 members we will need next year) will want to see something positive happening, and some accountability in the administration.

I thought casey was ok last night despite the turmoil. Nathan Brown continues to impress me....thank god we signed *smile*......this club will never die...big rumblings down at RFC to get it right this time on field and off field... ;)

rosy3 said:
Haha whoops.  I'm being sucked into the darkside....... :-[

I knew it would happen eventually Rosy ! Your black cape, your sickle, your black tall hat and black stallion are all on the way to you. Welcome aboard Rosy !

As for Caro, she's a journo. I have no problem with her. Sure, she may have some inside info. on RFC that she releases - but what journo doesn't when they have access to it ? ! That's the very nature of their game !

But more importantly, RFC has been a disgrace for 20+ years. 95% of the stories on us have been negative as a result i.e. EVERY journo predominantly writes a negative, or unflattering story on us because they have been the FACTS of our recent history people.

Do we seriously expect that Caro should comprise her journalistic integrity by writing "sunny side up" stories on us when we've been so truly ordinary ? C'mon.

Until we have a sustained period of success every journo - be it Caro, Fatpr*ck, Robinson, etc. - are all gonna continue to bag us. And deservedly so in my opinion.

Redford said:
Do we seriously expect that Caro should comprise her journalistic integrity by writing "sunny side up" stories on us when we've been so truly ordinary ? C'mon.

No, but it does her journalistic credibility no good when she uses her position to drive a personal agenda, no matter how well intentioned that may be.

Joshnbeks Dad said:
........I thought he did well on the footy show. I thought he accepted responsibility for the mess we are in.

I can't believe he did very little to dispel the myth that he's put a lot of his own money into the club.

There were several comments about it on the show, including Nathan Brown saying he respects Casey for putting his hand in his own pocket to the tune of over a million dollars when by all accounts he hasn't at all.

Clinton didnt correct them. A guarantee costs nothing if it isn't called on.

Link to Casey on the Footy Show last night.

Dial up
http://footyshow.ninemsn.com.au/med...footy/footy_show_afl/2004/040603/casey_lo.wmv

Broadband
http://footyshow.ninemsn.com.au/med...footy/footy_show_afl/2004/040603/casey_hi.wmv

http://footyshow.ninemsn.com.au/afl/

Why can't she have a personal agenda, Dean3 ? She's not there to report news, she's there to provide opinion. And she has an opinion on RFC. As we have. ( Pity we don't get paid for posting ;D )

I'm not sure what agendas she's been working towards Deano ? For the most part, I've just digested her articles and views as being fairly accurate commentary on the state of play at RFC and pretty much in line with the majority of supporters feelings on things.

What are these these personal agendas that you think she's being trying to push over the years ?

Caro gets into the nitty gritty of all clubs. We're just nittier and grittier than most at the moment. ;D

Redford it's plain to everyone she wants Casey out.When she writes "Opinion" pieces on the RFC the team she barracks for and is associated with via her father she is pushing an agenda. Just because you guys agree with her doesn't mean she doesn't have an agenda. I'm just waiting for the glowing terms she'll use to describe the prospective president she deems suitable.

As I said before,I don't really care who our administrators are.I just want a good coach and 1/2 competent recruiting staff.

Anyway,politics and Caroline Wilson are two subjects that really give me the shytes.It's the last I'll say on it.Over to you guys.... ;D

rosy3 said:
Caro gets into the nitty gritty of all clubs. We're just nittier and grittier than most at the moment. ;D

That's pretty much my view as well Rosy. I don't see her trying to force or influence decisions at the club at all. I see her passing a view - just like any journo does on any subject -but otherwise thats about it. In most instances, all she does is report the inside story of whats going on at the club before anyone else does. (In fact I reckon she's the best investigative journo in the business - that's why she ended up taking Fatpr*cks job and why Fatpr*ck hates her so much.)

I can't help but think that just because:

a) she gets access to RFC info. because of her background and her ties to the club and: b) she 's a Richmond girl at heart and is prone to writing more stories about RFC than any other club

that we incorrectly perceive that she's on some sort of campaign all the time ?

I dunno. That's just my take on things re: Caro.

WHY SHOULDNT SHE WANT CASEY OUT. AS FAR AS I CAN SEE HE IS SENDING US DOWN THE GURGLER. WHEN HE CAME TO THE CLUB WE HAD OVER 2 MIL IN THE BANK AND WHEN HE IS FINALLY FORCED OUT AT THE END OF THE YR HOW MUCH WILL WE BE IN DEBT 2 3 OR EVEN 4 MIL. HE HAS FAILED MISERABLY IN THE 2KEY AREAS WE NEED HIM TO BE GOOD AT 1)THE FINANCIAL RUNNING OF THE CLUB 2)THE BUILDING OF A COMPETETIVE TEAM.
GOOD ON YA CARO FOR CALLING IT AS IT REALLY IS I ONLY HOPE MORE OF YOUR COLLEAGES DO THE SAME.