Cat B rookies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cat B rookies

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Austin Bradkte, all 200 plus centimetres of him about to sign with a club.

Still reckon this is a gold mine. Keen to see us get involved.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
SCOOP said:

Get him Tigers!

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
pokey said:
Alas, it looks as though he will sign with Melbourne. He's 204 cm and looks a capable athlete.

probably averse to pre-season training camps

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
A few AFL teams have people done at the NBL tryouts in Melbourne.

Not sure if we do.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
SCOOP said:

Dees snapped him up, good get. The Lions snapped up another one from the Brisbane Bullets.

Just madness to not be going down this path.

Timmy99

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 7, 2006
Canberra
DeathNinthandTaxes said:
Ivan Soldo was a Cat B rookie.

Correct. We picked him up 4 years ago because he was Maric’s cousin though. He had never played AFL and I don't know if he was an elite basketballer. He certainly wasn't on an NBL list.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Mr Brightside said:
On SEN they were talking about a kid from the Sydney Kings that everybody is after

Tom Wilson. Played under 16 state footy, was part of the AIS squad.

I know of four other kids who are in the US college system right now that AFL clubs are pushing hard for them to go back into the AFL system.

It's a gold mine that we aren't into for some reason. We've done ok with Soldo as well.

I'm sure the club has their reasons, list management has been pretty sound so they deserve the benefit of the doubt.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
SCOOP said:
Tom Wilson. Played under 16 state footy, was part of the AIS squad.

I know of four other kids who are in the US college system right now that AFL clubs are pushing hard for them to go back into the AFL system.

It's a gold mine that we aren't into for some reason. We've done ok with Soldo as well.

I'm sure the club has their reasons, list management has been pretty sound so they deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Would love to know just how many of these X basket ball players that are over 200cm have played more than 100 games, I cant think of any tbh

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
turk-d-tiger said:
Would love to know just how many of these X basket ball players that are over 200cm have played more than 100 games, I cant think of any tbh
Dean Brogan.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
tigertim said:
Dean Brogan.

Clearly the success rate is extremely low if Brogan is the only one !

Unless you have a elite ruckman like Grundy / Gawn there is not a great deal of difference between the rest and very over rated position
I would much rather have 3 players like Coleman-Jones / Balta / Nankervis in the team

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Sintiger said:
In terms of cat B rookies there aren’t too many in the system who any good. Blicavs, Greenwood, mason Cox are about the best.
Yeah, they’re long shots. Still think if you went and got a Gibbons or a Mitch Grigg your odds would be better.