Celebrate our Club | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Celebrate our Club

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I have a read a lot of stuff on here and elsewhere which almost expresses disappointment about last night’s performance.
A friend texted me last night and said “imagine feeling disappointed with a game where we have reached a Preliminary final? Think about 4 years ago when we hadn’t won a final for a long time. How far we have come”
Last week was our 24th loss in 4 years! We support the biggest footy club in the land that has just made it’s 4th prelim in a row. We are stable, strong and have a great team to support.
Come what may next week let’s celebrate what a great club we have become and the success they have given us as supporters.
It is a great time to be a Richmond fan

• Love
Reactions: 56 users

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
Well said. I’ve been guilty of anxiety and overly critical of things I love only for it to be better again. It’s very hard not to want more.

Reactions: 3 users

JR8

Tiger Legend
Apr 23, 2003
Melbourne - Eastern Subs
I have a read a lot of stuff on here and elsewhere which almost expresses disappointment about last night’s performance.
A friend texted me last night and said “imagine feeling disappointed with a game where we have reached a Preliminary final? Think about 4 years ago when we hadn’t won a final for a long time. How far we have come”
Last week was our 24th loss in 4 years! We support the biggest footy club in the land that has just made it’s 4th prelim in a row. We are stable, strong and have a great team to support.
Come what may next week let’s celebrate what a great club we have become and the success they have given us as supporters.
It is a great time to be a Richmond fan

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Been an exhausting year as a supporter and anything further is a bonus. Would love to be the kings for another year but am proud of the club and players regardless.

Reactions: 13 users

Butch67

Tiger Rookie
Mar 31, 2014
Its an awesome club. I cant help but be little selfish after the 'lost years', 3 from 4 would be a dream come true

Reactions: 10 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
If you told me 5 years ago, we would make the next 4 preliminaries and have 2 flags.
I wouldve book you into a institution for the night.
But now where are so good, i want this to continue.
This isnt Richmond of 2014 or 2015, Port will know they're playing a game of footy.
Butter's Rozzee and Durshama will feel the heat of our pressure not Geelong's velvet pressure.
Well done to all, that has made us force again

Reactions: 18 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
If you told me 5 years ago, we would make the next 4 preliminaries and have 2 flags.
I wouldve book you into a institution for the night.
But now where are so good, i want this to continue.
This isnt Richmond of 2014 or 2015, Port will know they're playing a game of footy.
Butter's Rozzee and Durshama will feel the heat of our pressure not Geelong's velvet pressure.
Well done to all, that has made us force again
Exactly Zips. Remember where we came from but I agree totally that it’s in the DNA to want more !!
The great thing about next week is we know that our boys will give it a red hot go. Port have earned the right to host the game and if they are too good so be it but they will know they have been in a hard game of footy.

Reactions: 1 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Well said
We (the general PRE community) do tend to jump too quickly to either despair (and why we shoulda/woulda/coulda drafted/delisted someone else) or glory (why our blokes are immortals)
Let‘s soak up this latest opportunity to compete in another PF and barrack like buggery for us to get to the GF

Reactions: 6 users

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Longest serving captain, and coach in control during this era as well. Doing a lot right.

Reactions: 7 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
I'm incredibly grateful for the last 7 or so years. The club is now a gigantic juggernaut, as we all knew it would be if it could WIN.and it did, and we are. You can't win every flag. I'm looking forward to the rebuild as much as the next flag.
Viva RFC!

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Exactly Zips. Remember where we came from but I agree totally that it’s in the DNA to want more !!
The great thing about next week is we know that our boys will give it a red hot go. Port have earned the right to host the game and if they are too good so be it but they will know they have been in a hard game of footy.

I reckon Hardwick will play caddy,
Because i reckon Hardwick is the one that whips them into a frenzy.

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
I remember discussions on here when we started to knock off better teams and started to look like we might have the team to be a legit player at the business end of the year and people posting about should the lid come off or should we just pry it open a bit and then we’d fail and we all went back into our shells because we’d been scarred after 37 years of despair. But after that destruction of Geelong in the 2017 finals the lid came off properly and we dared boldly to dream.
Never ever forget the look on Tiger fans faces in the last quarter of the 2017 GF when we kicked those goals to seal it.

I can still see them now and I smile.

Reactions: 7 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Yep, it's easy to lose sight of the fact that making a preliminary is just about as hard as making a Grand Final.

I don't think we are going to win next week and that will be disappointing but it won't take away from what has been a great season.

To overcome injury and the challenges of being on the road and get this far has been superb. Should we go further and win the flag, it will be a very special one.
i think we will win last night. absolutely no reason we shouldnt.
I was relaxed before last night, knowing we should easy, but also knowing if we couldnt beat the saints last night, we deserved to be out of the finals.

us and the cats (despite their inability to play finals) are the clear leaders at the moment for how to run a sustainable successful club, with the Weagles and Pies the only others close.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Plenty of time for reflection in a week or two. We've got a Prelim to win and it's possibly the toughest one we've had to face in this 4 year run.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Great thread but let's not go into next week thinking we've got no chance. We are the best team over the last 4 years. Our best footy blows anyone off the park, including Port.

Zipps is right, they have some flakey players who won't cope with our manic pressure. Just need to bring it.

Reactions: 6 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I don't think we are going to win next week and that will be disappointing but it won't take away from what has been a great season.
Geeeeezzzzz TBR.
Last time we played Pordadalayde was on their home ground n I'm pretty sure we were a snifter in front at 3qtr time n got rolled over in the final qtr.
This time we've got Cotch, Shed, Assa Meatball, Bash, Nank n Fridge to bolster the side a bit. Might not be a guarantee that we'll win, but surely you're allowed to be optimistic about our chances.

Reactions: 1 user

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Geeeeezzzzz TBR.
Last time we played Pordadalayde was on their home ground n I'm pretty sure we were a snifter in front at 3qtr time n got rolled over in the final qtr.
This time we've got Cotch, Shed, Assa Meatball, Bash, Nank n Fridge to bolster the side a bit. Might not be a guarantee that we'll win, but surely you're allowed to be optimistic about our chances.
As I have said b4 - I dont thin TBR is a real Tiger fan. Just read his stuff, its mostly designed to cause fights and always negative towards our players and team. Anything positive he spruks is half hearted IMO.