Celebrate our Club | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Celebrate our Club

There are plenty of reasons why next week will be a tough game. Port have been the best team all year, there home ground, we have to travel, and a stadium full of ferals to sway umpires.

That said, we are the reigning Premiers, we have all of our best players back, and we have been in the tree previous Prelims. We are battle hardened.

It will be a massive game. Bring the heat and we will win.

Reactions: 1 users
As I have said b4 - I dont thin TBR is a real Tiger fan. Just read his stuff, its mostly designed to cause fights and always negative towards our players and team. Anything positive he spruks is half hearted IMO.
Phhhht! Always read TBR's stuff. Don't always agree with what he's putting up, but he usually puts enough into his stuff to make ya stop n think a bit.

Reactions: 6 users
There are plenty of reasons why next week will be a tough game. Port have been the best team all year, there home ground, we have to travel, and a stadium full of ferals to sway umpires.

That said, we are the reigning Premiers, we have all of our best players back, and we have been in the tree previous Prelims. We are battle hardened.

It will be a massive game. Bring the heat and we will win.
Can't get to the Pordadalayde final this year, unlike the last final we played them over there, shattering day, game was done before we looked like getting started. They say revenge is a dish best served cold, but I reckon there'll b plenty of Tiggers bringin some heat next week.

Sittin in my armchair watching games all year just doesn't feel like footy should.

Reactions: 2 users
Port are agricultural. They bludgeon teams but there's no science.

We'll beat them.

We’re always disappointed after a loss, or a less than inspiring win. But as so many others have said we’ve got good reason to be proud of the team, they have been the best in the comp for 4 years, and win or lose next week there’s no real reason that won’t continue into 2021.

As I have said b4 - I dont thin TBR is a real Tiger fan. Just read his stuff, its mostly designed to cause fights and always negative towards our players and team. Anything positive he spruks is half hearted IMO.

What a load of cobblers.

He's a realist but he's as much a Richmond fan as you or I. Opinions are what it's all about on here.

Reactions: 9 users
We are the underdogs next week.
I think our boys like this.
The thrive on proving many wrong.
It's in their DNA.

Reactions: 4 users
What a load of cobblers.

He's a realist but he's as much a Richmond fan as you or I. Opinions are what it's all about on here.
Spot on. It’s a forum. We dont always agree with each other. Whilst TBR opinion is not as parochial as some of us it doesn’t mean he ain’t a massive Tiger supporter.

Reactions: 6 users
Plenty of time for reflection in a week or two. We've got a Prelim to win and it's possibly the toughest one we've had to face in this 4 year run.

It’s going to be tough, but at half time last year I thought to win that prelim would be tough, but we did. The pies game was tough also, we underestimated how good they are as a team.

I reckon we learnt some big lessons from those two which will help us next week - some lessons the power have yet to experienc.

We are the underdogs next week.
I think our boys like this.
The thrive on proving many wrong.
It's in their DNA.

I'd love to see our strike rate for we've gone in underdogs over the last 4 years, hasn't happened that much, but when it has it would be bloody high.

If anyone said to you 5, 10, 15 years ago that we'd make 4 preliminary finals in a row and win [at least] 2 flags, you would would be ecstatic.

(Or as Doug Hawkins would say 'you'd be absolutely static')

Reactions: 3 users
Yep, it's easy to lose sight of the fact that making a preliminary is just about as hard as making a Grand Final.

I don't think we are going to win next week and that will be disappointing but it won't take away from what has been a great season.

To overcome injury and the challenges of being on the road and get this far has been superb. Should we go further and win the flag, it will be a very special one.
Bloody oath.

Also check out who's left; strong Port Adelaide and Brisbane teams that have played much of the season on their home decks while sleeping in their own beds.

So kudos, in my book, to Geelong, Collingwood and Richmond, each of whom is a live chance in 2020, for taking on the hub challenge and thriving. Says volumes about the quality and culture of these clubs.

In any season, making a preliminary final is a remarkable result.

In 2020, it's an incredible achievement.

Reactions: 3 users
Spot on.

4 prelim finals in a row ...2 premierships... What a time to be a Richmond fan!
Dead on. I remember me and a couple of my best mates standing in the bar at the G, just before the 19 GF, musing about how lucky our dad's had been, all Tiger men, having gone through the 67-74 dynasty, and hoping like buggery that maybe we might be able to experience the same thing. Reckon if we win it this year, we can say we have

I have to say I wasn't disappointed with the win last night. It is true that StKilda haven't played finals for a while, they have been down etc. But StKilda are genuinely a very good team. I would say they are not quite top 4 but they are close and heading in the right direction. Yes, we went in as favourites and were expected to win, but it was never going to be an easy walk in the park. Look at the way StKilda exposes the best of back lines, they get a little better and they will be contenders.

We have seen great success after decades of disappointment and we should lap it up. Making 4 Preliminary Finals in a row is a great achievement and we can keep going. Bring more pressure next week and we will win. Port are very good, but we can beat them. Not only are we a successful team, we have up and coming players who can keep us competitive for a fair number of years to come.

Possibly even more though, Richmond is now a successful off field club. Massive membership. Great administration. Forward looking. Creating a great environment for the team to succeed. Added to this is the extra community work the club does: Koran Gamadji Institute, Bachar Houli Foundation, support for Allanah and Madeline Foundation, support for the treaty. Football clubs have influence and our club is using it for good. The media can crap on all they like about Richmond but the club is out there doing good things in the community, what are they and their employers doing?

Go Tiges!

DS

Reactions: 7 users
Yes. Even as late as 2016, if you'd said we'd reach the Prelim for the next four years with at least two flags, I'd have said you were bonkers.
I don't think we will win next week, but on the other hand if we do I think we'll win the flag. Port is the best team left in it.

Tough to compare the feat of reaching the Prelim four years in a row because before 1994 there was only one Prelim and the best team up to that point didn't even have to play in one.

But consider this, in a 12-team comp:
we finished top three five years in a row from 1971-75.
we finished top three nine years in a row from 1927-35 (1930 is debatable due to the finals system at the time but we were at least top four).

• Wow
I hope to see Richmond vs Geelong grand final.
The two best teams for the year face off for the premiership