Celebrate our Club | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Celebrate our Club

There are plenty of reasons why next week will be a tough game. Port have been the best team all year, there home ground, we have to travel, and a stadium full of ferals to sway umpires.

That said, we are the reigning Premiers, we have all of our best players back, and we have been in the tree previous Prelims. We are battle hardened.

It will be a massive game. Bring the heat and we will win.
Who knows how Port will react under true finals pressure? We know our players will elevate. This is another level and Port have not passed that test yet.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Dead on. I remember me and a couple of my best mates standing in the bar at the G, just before the 19 GF, musing about how lucky our dad's had been, all Tiger men, having gone through the 67-74 dynasty, and hoping like buggery that maybe we might be able to experience the same thing. Reckon if we win it this year, we can say we have
Yep. Been there done that n the best part was in keeping the daughter out of the clutches of the Cartoon supporting missus. She'd pretty much got to the point of being fairly pissed at me for making her a Tiger n then " BOOM " premierships n cream on top, Cartoon are going through what we've been through scraping around the bottom of the ladder.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I remember discussions on here when we started to knock off better teams and started to look like we might have the team to be a legit player at the business end of the year and people posting about should the lid come off or should we just pry it open a bit and then we’d fail and we all went back into our shells because we’d been scarred after 37 years of despair. But after that destruction of Geelong in the 2017 finals the lid came off properly and we dared boldly to dream.
Never ever forget the look on Tiger fans faces in the last quarter of the 2017 GF when we kicked those goals to seal it.

I can still see them now and I smile.
still brings a tear to the eye when i watch the replay