Changes against Collingwood. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes against Collingwood.

I don’t think we need Tarrant. Unless we’re worried about the big septic tank turning back the clock.

In: Cotchin, Martin, Pickett
Out: Stack, RCD, Ross

Simple

In : Martin Cotchin Pickett

Out : Ross RCD Edwards

This team is now looking excellent on paper.

Must smash the pies. Must.

Reactions: 1 users
Don't think Tarrant comes in if we're playing Balta down back.

Reactions: 1 user
I reckon Stacky and MRJ come as a pair like those Matryoshka Dolls, different energy with them in the side. RCD does need a run of games and should stay in if Prestia is not fit.

IN: Pickett, Cotchin, Martin (if fit),
OUT: Edwards (managed), Ross, RCD

Dusty for Prestygiocomo, injured.
Cotchinator for Rossy.

Leave the rest as is, Balta stays back, two rucks, Nank beasting n Soldo palming, smalls running rampant feeding two tall forwards.

Agree - I think Tarrant makes our backs too slow as a collective - I see him as back up if one of Grimes or Vlas are out. Gibs did some amazing spoils.

Lets see how our new small amigos in Stack and MJ go against the pies - it will be a fast game so we will need their zip.

Tarrant must not come back in.

Must. Not.

Even if we chose to play Balta forward, a backline with Vlossy, Grimes and Gibcus as your medium/talls is enough.

You don't need to be 6'4 if you're intercepting before it gets to your opponent.

And there's no point in being 6'4 if you're always 10 metres off your opponent.

Obviously if Balta stays back, Tarrant is just extra pointless.

Reactions: 2 users
Regardless of disposals, Stack has to play again on his pressure and score involvements - set up 2 of MJnrs.
Also has to play if held to same standards as ‘pictures’ Georgey who often has between 5 and 10 possies.
A shame Marlion couldn’t enjoy that with those guys last night - next week

Regardless of disposals, Stack has to play again on his pressure and score involvements - set up 2 of MJnrs.
Also has to play if held to same standards as ‘pictures’ Georgey who often has between 5 and 10 possies.
A shame Marlion couldn’t enjoy that with those guys last night - next week
"Pictures" :eyes

Reactions: 1 users
In: martin cotchin pickett

If Bringing in an 8 premiership, 2 brownlow, 3 normsmith winning midfield on the back of a 20 goal win

Isnt a trigger to have a short conversation with the bookies,

I dunno what is.

out: rcd, ross, stack
Haven't seen Pickett back at training yet, but yeah hope he's back

What the MC decide to do this week will have a negative/positive flow on effect for the rest of the year.

If they decide to continue gifting games to Edwards and drop RCD then thats a negative. If they make Edwards the sub and RCD stays then thats a positive.
If they rush Tarrant back in and make the whole backline collectively slower then thats a negative. Leave him out positive.
With Stack and MRJ in the fwd line we finally got some buzz and pressure back. They both must stay. Positive. Drop either of them and negative.
Short to stay in the midfield for the rest of the year. Positive. Move him back. Negative.
Id also be dropping Nank before Soldo. Soldo's tap work last night was fantastic.

Chance for the club to start the transition.

Outs must come from Prestia(better to rest), Ross, Edwards, George(i know it will never happen), KMac

Reactions: 4 users
A real test for Hardwick and the match committee. How many and who do you drop for Martin, Cotchin, Pickett and Tarrant.
We need to keep playing the kids AND be competitive - it's not an 'or' situation.

I wouldn't bring Tarrant back in for Collingwood - but I'm sure he will come back.

IN: Pickett, Cotchin, Martin (if fit),
OUT: Edwards, Ross, Castagna
I wouldn't bring Tarrant in, more run without him.

Lol at Castsgna as an out.
Coulda kicked 6 again?

Poor poor poor disposal and decision making. Stack has a much higher ceiling and should stay in to get continuity. But yes, the selectors will not drop him.

I think Edwards needs to be dropped too. If we are honest as a club we will know that nursing vets is the best way to undermine the development of and/or lose the next generation of young players.

Reactions: 3 users
the box must have seen last night that Tarrant is now backup

great idea getting him here, but he's not the way we move forward

Reactions: 2 users

Gibcus being so good has made Tarrant into a backup. Agree that we look better structurally with Balta down back while Lynch and Reiwoldt are up forward.

I know we played a WAFL reserves side but I liked some of the positional changes last night.

Short in the midfield gives us some dynamism we lack - zip and pace around the packs and great distribution. Again WC were ordinary but I was quite iimpressed with his overall midfield game. Hopefully Prestia is not badly injured as I wanna see how we go against the better sides with a midfield of Soldo Cotchin Prestia Short Bolton Martin.

Baker adds more steel to our defence overall (he can play any position really) with his contest and mopping up ability. He and Rioli are a good combination and are better defensively than Short and we don't really lose too much in the distribution area.

Balta needs to play in one position and moving him around everywhere this season has seen his form drop off. If he's left in the backline from now on he'll just get better and better and we all now how good he is.

We must persist with 2 rucks and need to give Soldo time to find form. Nank is important but he can get dominated by the bigger rucks from time to time.

Cotchin Martin and Pickett would be big ins - I would drop Castagna Stack and RCD for them.

MJ did enough to keep his spot but you'd expect him to drop off in the next few weeks. Hopefully some other kids like Sonsie and Clarke can maintain their VFL form and get a call up soon.

Don’t think we were expecting Gibcus to be playing so well in his first year.
Coach is trying to fit Tarrant into the side

Reactions: 4 users