Season 2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Season 2022

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
What's your real thoughts coming into a full preseason for the boys. Are we really a chance for another flag?
Have we got kids who can improve enough to be best 23?
I think that ball winning midfielder will leave a huge hole in our side and we might make the 8 but will be miles off it. Especially if the AFL keep the same rules.
Collier Dawkins will be the player i will be watching over the Pre season..huge up side but does he have it in him to play 70-30 midfield.
Does Stack stay?
Does Nakas and Prestia play more then 12 games?
Regardless we should have one more charge for a flag.
Not confident with blokes picking 6 or 7 new kids either.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
When's the fixture to be released Gil? Isn't it 2 weeks away from today, as usual?

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
I think Teague is going to be very important to sort out what has been a dysfunctional forward line. Very confident in our backline. I hope we keep Stacky. Injuries will tell the story. On paper we look very classy.

Reactions: 3 users

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
No shocking rule changes that we won't know about.
It cannot be all bad.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
It is a difficult one to predict. Always is but I think 2022 is harder.

I reckon we will definitely make the 8, it is top 4 which really matters and that is far more uncertain. We have a lot of premiership players so clearly can get to the pointy end but they are ageing and obvious replacements we don't have, potential replacements yes, but we'll have to see.

Worth a shot and I'm sure there are 17 teams looking at how to stop Melbourne scoring when they get a run on. We are well placed to do this if, and it is a huge if, we can sort out the centre clearances. A full pre-season and a few players getting more games could see us as contenders. We need one or two of the young players to step up but we're not that far off, after all, we won 2 in a row very recently.

Just need a bit of luck, less injuries, and some tweaking of the system to cater for the evolution of the game (along with the excrement that are the new rules).

DS

Reactions: 1 user

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
If Stack can get back to his 2020 form will,help enormously.

Some big unknowns for me, the club has put the development into Ross, RCD, Dow, Martyn and Hugo so now they have to step up, they have all had a taste, shown potential but at least one of these players has to pay 18 games - hopefully good games with a second also making it and holding their own plus our core older players need to stay healthy.

That’s a big ask but certainly doable if the cards fall our way.

Rarely do first year players win flags - just look at Port, they are our future and that started mid last year and needs to continue.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
It’s hard to know isn’t it? We had bad form, rule changes, close losses and injuries mixed together so hard to pick them apart.

Plus a lot of our core is a year older.

We need a small forward to step up and do better out of the middle and have just a normal run with injuries to be top 4 and have a reasonable crack at it IMO.

Comp will be very even so hopefully draw falls our way too.

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
in my humble opinion
with 2021 behind us and a full preseason behind us players , coaches and staff will be refreshed and we will carry a different vibe (no genius for predicting that)
with a better run with injury we will be in the running for a long way
last year we started trying to do bullet passes into our F50 but were mostly over cooking them and then I think other sides followed
because of our failures with that tactic we stopped using it , I think with this preseason and a new assistant , we will use lowering of the eyes more and break up opposition defences

player improvement
it was sad at times watching Trent compete , we heard he was being managed all preseason , you could see he wasn't himself
I'm hoping he will be better in '22
Dusty back :)
Nank & Soldo sharing the ruck
Stack and/or Caddy could be in the starting lineup
I do think RCD will be a more regular player next year , he has made steady progress
and if our rucks and mids function better
we will see better form from Tom , Aarts & George

and during the year MJR and #7 could be pushing for places

I'm hoping and believing we will be a good watch in 2022

Go Tiges

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Tigers to get a harder draw than Melbourne Geelong, the Bears and Port (Premiers and top 4) ..... my guess.

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
in my humble opinion
with 2021 behind us and a full preseason behind us players , coaches and staff will be refreshed and we will carry a different vibe (no genius for predicting that)
with a better run with injury we will be in the running for a long way
last year we started trying to do bullet passes into our F50 but were mostly over cooking them and then I think other sides followed
because of our failures with that tactic we stopped using it , I think with this preseason and a new assistant , we will use lowering of the eyes more and break up opposition defences

player improvement
it was sad at times watching Trent compete , we heard he was being managed all preseason , you could see he wasn't himself
I'm hoping he will be better in '22
Dusty back :)
Nank & Soldo sharing the ruck
Stack and/or Caddy could be in the starting lineup
I do think RCD will be a more regular player next year , he has made steady progress
and if our rucks and mids function better
we will see better form from Tom , Aarts & George

and during the year MJR and #7 could be pushing for places

I'm hoping and believing we will be a good watch in 2022

Go Tiges
Right there with you - love this view of reality. It's not even optimism - just stating the facts.

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
Tigers to get a harder draw than Melbourne Geelong, the Bears and Port (Premiers and top 4) ..... my guess.
Let's not kill the pre-season vibe. Anyway who cares? They'll all be grist for our mill. Chaff on our road to greatness.

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
We will make the top 8, but not top 4 IMO.

To make top 4, I think Lynch, Flossy, Prestia and Toby will need to all play the majority of games and have close to their best years.
Together with natural improvement from at least 2-3 of our younger, more talented players, especially those who play around the middle: JGTI, Shai. And Short.

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
We will win the 2022 flag in a canter, defeating Melbourne comfortably and shocking the rest of the AFL.

Reactions: 8 users

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Depth is pretty bare so obviously we can't have another season with injuries like last year. If lot's of things go right we can have another ret hot crack at it given the boys will be refreshed.

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
Right there with you - love this view of reality. It's not even optimism - just stating the facts.
*smile* can happen and does (2016 whole year, 2018 prelim, 2020 GF Vlas flat on his back , 2021 back half of season )

looking to the positives on how can we make it to top 8 , top 4 , GF and maybe a flag
good defence , we've got that
Mids - they were smashed by injury last year , but there's no doubting the quality , they are good enough to be finals and deep finals

the forwards and forward 50 entries are the worry

with Teague in as a new coach , the problem is well known and we effectively have new guys Stack and Caddy back , I do believe RCD will be ready for full time 1st grade
the coaches will have plenty of scope to play around with different guys up forward ie ( Baker , high half forward ) and find something that works
who knows what Sampson Ryan & Mate will bring next year

we can make it

and I'll be cheering them on

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Personally I can't wait till the rule changes for 2022 are announced by the AFL, after the pre-season games, one week before round one!

It's the best time of the year, with the exception of the Queen's Birthday long weekend! (Or the weekend of the next Federal election.)

Good times!

• Haha

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Roll on 2022 upgraded my Membership for the season not missing any football next year

Reactions: 2 users