Changes against Collingwood. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes against Collingwood.

Difficult at selection…

Cotch in for Shedda (swap managed)
If Prestia doesn’t come up then that’s the Dusty swap
Pickett has to come back in and I don’t like the idea of dropping RCD (he’s a huge body and attacked the ball well last night…if Dion is out we need him in the middle because Dusty probably won’t play huge midfield minutes…then again Cotch is in and RCD plays a similar game…I’m just in awe of Cotch’s last two matches, the old warrior legend of the club…I was sitting on the members wing vs Melb and there were a few times I thought Cotch was going to kill someone…he has this ability to generate so much power in the two steps before contact with an opponent…ask Dylan Shiel!)

I liked the Stack / MRJ combo…question is how well both of them can run out a game against quality oppo with the game in the balance

Nice problems to have…wonder if they have to manage Lambo and he’s the one that makes way for Pickett this week

Ross is backup at best…

Sheds would be a good sub…

Reactions: 1 user
Managing Lambert and Edwards would be a smart move.

Reactions: 2 users
I suspect Stack/Edwards for Dusty/Pickett Cotch for Prestia (I feel his issues may be more serious than being led on). Who knows with Tarrant. I'd prefer he stays out. If Dow comes in it should be for RCD but I think RCD needs more games to prove himself and if he fails he needs to be punted. A lot of decisions to make for next week.

In: martin cotchin pickett

If Bringing in an 8 premiership, 2 brownlow, 3 normsmith winning midfield on the back of a 20 goal win

Isnt a trigger to have a short conversation with the bookies,

I dunno what is.

out: rcd, ross, stack
Ross cant be counted as an out. He was the sub.

Also every one but a few suggest either or both RCD and Stacky will go.
But I don't see how you can build and encourage confidence in development players, if you are to bring on youngsters stuck for 4-5 weeks in the VFL and doing well there, and immediately send them back after a 109 point win.
Both seemed to play their role and did well, not brilliantly but well.

The Match Cttee deserve a lot of credit for that win. They dropped, call it what you will, Tarrant who hasn't performed since his arrival and they moved Short to the midfield. Balta who doesn't play well at night and seems to need some help with his optics, did OK in a role we know he can play.
Shorty had a magnificent game and was narrowly nudged from BOG.
Both moves were experimental from a c'ttee not so good at it, in this post stand rule period.
Hopefully this success will breed a willingness to consider more of the same.

So maybe just maybe, 'its time'.
George and his disposal, both his kicking and handball, has been letting us down for years. It is not because he had a bad game, he didn't, but rather because it is more important to offer support for the efforts of RCD and Stacky for the work already put in than to continue to pretend the earth is flat over George.

For different reasons a champ who will finish up this year and who no longer is the competitor he once was, should join him as an out and play a role as sub, this all part of his push towards 300.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
For some clarity.
George 19 possessions at 42%. 8 effective disposals. 1 x1%ers. Zero tackles
Stack 5 possessions at 40%. 2 effective. 3 x1%ers. 2 tackles

LOL.

For some clarity:

George: 3 goal assists, 422 metres gained, 8 score involvements, 3 intercepts, 7 contested possessions, 4 forward 50 ground balls,
Stack: 1 goal assist, 134 metres gained, 4 score involvements, 0 intercepts, 2 contested possessions, 0 forward 50 ground balls

• Haha
LOL.

For some clarity:

George: 3 goal assists, 422 metres gained, 8 score involvements, 3 intercepts, 7 contested possessions, 4 forward 50 ground balls,
Stack: 1 goal assist, 134 metres gained, 4 score involvements, 0 intercepts, 2 contested possessions, 0 forward 50 ground balls
LOL
Mine was in reference to Caesar’s brief summary.
Metres gained :LOL:
Stack’s first game back. He has plenty of improvement in him. Just has find his groove.
George’s game was his peak performance for the year.
I know who I’d prefer going forward. Stack can play multiple positions. George flat out playing one.

Reactions: 2 users
I've been reluctant to join in the drop Edwards brigade, no doubt he's out of form, but he has shitloads of credit in the bank (it never ceases to amaze me that some people don't think that is a thing), we've been undermanned, and he's closing in on 300.

I'm not joining in yet, but pressure is building. Lack of form stood out even more in a big one-way traffic win IMO, more players pushing for selection. 300 getting closer, but looking further away by the week. Like a plutonium half-life.

Just visited the Collingwood website to view their injury list, I'll be undergoing a complete detoxification after this entry. Grundy, Roughead and Elliott will still be out so whoever they play against the Suns will probably be it.
Someone please tackle the peroxide off of Jack Ginnivan either this week or next, not fussed when.

LOL
Mine was in reference to Caesar’s brief summary.
Metres gained :LOL:
Stack’s first game back. He has plenty of improvement in him. Just has find his groove.
George’s game was his peak performance for the year.
I know who I’d prefer going forward. Stack can play multiple positions. George flat out playing one.
If you kick the ball backwards do they subtract metres from your metres gained?

Surely Syd couldn’t get a game next week . What’s sad is he has lost the art of clean possession but more glaring is his inability to read the ball . Runs to wrong spots etc etc
So Martin and Cotchin Ins
RCD and Stack out
Keep Short onball thanks
What took you so long?
Expected this from you at quarter time

I would leave Tarrant out. The team balance is so much better with Nank and Soldo in the ruck and Balta in defence.

I would also make Edwards the sub for a couple of weeks. He is struggling to keep up at the moment but would likely be a dangerous proposition as a fresh man in the last quarter.

Dimma can always manufacture someone with a sore ankle when he needs it.

I would leave Tarrant out. The team balance is so much better with Nank and Soldo in the ruck and Balta in defence.

I would also make Edwards the sub for a couple of weeks. He is struggling to keep up at the moment but would likely be a dangerous proposition as a fresh man in the last quarter.

Dimma can always manufacture someone with a sore ankle when he needs it.
He probably has one or two more games to show a bit, but its a good idea. Good enough for Josh Kennedy, good enough for Shane Edwards.

Some tough calls to make. RCD could do with another game but tough to see who else makes way. Ditto Stack. Graham has been on the edge but his last two weeks have been better. Only 15 disposals but 8 score involvements. Shedda :unsure:

In: Cotch Dusty Pickett
Out: RCD Graham Ross

B: Gibcus Balta Grimes
HB: DRioli Broad Vlastuin
C: Pickett Short McIntosh
HF: Stack Castagna Lambert
F: Riewoldt Lynch MoJu
R: Nank Dion Bolton
I: Baker Soldo Cotch Dusty
Sub: Edwards

If Lambert pulls up sore Graham gets a reprieve. If Dion's 'ankle' is real, RCD gets a gig.

I wouldn't bring Tarrant in, more run without him.
I don't think getting Tarrant was a mistake, everyone must remember that Gibcus making it to our pick was seen as extremely unlikely during trade period.

Things changed and we rightly had to take him.

Reactions: 6 users
I don't think getting Tarrant was a mistake, everyone must remember that Gibcus making it to our pick was seen as extremely unlikely during trade period.

Things changed and we rightly had to take him.
My dear Roksman, let me give you a some tips in the ways of PRE. All staff must have perfect foresight in all aspects of recruiting and long-term, mid-term and short-term list management, player development and selection, and never make any mistakes, ever. If they do they should be sacked pronto

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
I’d make Edwards the sub and drop George (doesn’t give enough to be an automatic in), have to look at RCD as well. Cotchin and Martin are in. I’d like t give Stack at least one more week, maybe he can be the one who as snake suggest knocks the peroxide off of Ginnivan. Tarrant is insurance only now.