Changes Against Freo - Round 20 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes Against Freo - Round 20

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
In: Vlaustin, CCJ, Prestia, McKenzie, Conti and Broad
Out: Chol, Ross, Cantstanda, Garthwaite, Farts and Pudding Guts Graham

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
it is time ...............really it is

unleash Will Martyn......keep him in for the rest of the season.............. he is NOT injured

will not disappoint .....you know it makes sense...............

Reactions: 2 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
One thing I would do this week is push Cotchin and Edwards into predominantly forward roles this week in place of Aarts (dropped) and Baker (to spend more time on ball). I'd replace Aarts with one of the younger players to have a decent crack at the midfield.

It baffled me a few weeks ago to see Dow play as a forward pocket/half forward for pretty much the entire game. We need to see what these young blokes offer in the roles they came to us as to begin with. Only if that doesn't work, should we try to make them play other roles.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
unfortunately, these young blokes are either not ready or not good enough. as long as the season is alive, we can't just "give them a go".

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Wouldn't bring Prestia or any other seniors back give them the year off.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
unfortunately, these young blokes are either not ready or not good enough. as long as the season is alive, we can't just "give them a go".
Agree Harry. Plus I'm putting money on us to win the flag at 33s.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Don't know about the Freo game but I'd go with this team for the first final

Broad Grimes Astbury
Stack Flossy Rioli
Short Prestia Balta
Pickett Lynch Bolton
CJ Jack MJR
Nank Graham Lambert

Int: Baker Shed Cotchin Ross

Then roll in Dusty for the granny after a 10 week rest.

PS Short and Balta long bombs from the wings would bring back memories of Bourke Barrot Clay

PPS wings interchangeable with half backs. Half forwards can play wing, Half backs can play half forward, Very fluid and dynamic flankers.

Last edited:

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
selection this week will show if there still think 2021 is alive otherwise expect to see a few more kids go round. Freo, despite all their injuries will keep coming, North, similar to the Crows last year are getting better as the season end - no easy beats, GWS are playing good footy - Tom Green in RFC colors next year please - and the Hawks also can play good footy. There are no "easy" wins. We have the chance to be 6th or 7th with wins against Saints-Pies-GC but we blew it. A limp into the 8 or for a short finals campaign or a GOOD rest after 3 GFs in 4 years, 4 prelims in a row and we go again in 2022. ???

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
I would be tempted to rest Lynch (there must be something wrong with him - he was really poor yesterday) and give CJ a crack at FF. Broad for Garthwaite, Prestia for Castagna, Rioli jnr for Aarts. Assume CJ is fit and available.

Last edited:

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Need a reshuffle

in Broad out garthwaite
in vlastuin out aarts
in Prestia out george
in CJ out chol

stack and parker to the fwd line
Broady only started straight line running this week H so I cant see him playing.

Tigga will be unlikely as well if hes had any more bleeding.

I dont think its worth risking Broad or Tigga next week.

It would be great if we could have all those inclusions though.

Last edited:

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
selection this week will show if there still think 2021 is alive otherwise expect to see a few more kids go round. Freo, despite all their injuries will keep coming, North, similar to the Crows last year are getting better as the season end - no easy beats, GWS are playing good footy - Tom Green in RFC colors next year please - and the Hawks also can play good footy. There are no "easy" wins. We have the chance to be 6th or 7th with wins against Saints-Pies-GC but we blew it. A limp into the 8 or for a short finals campaign or a GOOD rest after 3 GFs in 4 years, 4 prelims in a row and we go again in 2022. ???
I'm not upset if we miss the finals it means none of those campaigner sides beat us out of the finals or in the GF.

Draft and trade well.

Re load for 22 and brain them all with a fit fresh list.

Last edited:

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
While we can still make finals it’s still best team available for me.

Ins Prestia , Broad , Dow , CJ

outs Aarts , Chol, Pickett, George

Wont happen , but id just like to change things up a bit

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Not much difference resting them now or from August onwards. Players want to play too - so best team for me.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Not much difference resting them now or from August onwards. Players want to play too - so best team for me.
Yep. Crazy talk to suggest we put the cue in the rack when we can still make finals.

Reactions: 2 users