Changes for Qualifying Final | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for Qualifying Final

I was deadset against Chol being selected as a back up ruckman.

But as a tall forward, he has value. He will stay in mainly as a forward, play 8 minutes in the ruck, get dominated for 8 minutes in the ruck, and hopefully kick a couple of nice goals.

So if Lynch stays out, Chol stays in.

Out: Castagna, Lambert
In: Bolton, Prestia

Heresy, I know, but it's upgrades everywhere.
Not sure you actually watch footy if you even remotely think those changes are a 0.1% chance of happening.

It'll be Ross and one of Caddy, Aarts or Rioli that miss.

Rioli must play. It's October so we need to see if the September Rioli Magic can adjust to October, or whether it really is genetically ingrained to star in September.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for taking the time to post the above.

Aarts May be the unlucky one...

Thanx mate! I can't remember the last time when so many supporters have been mulling over who will go out. Our depth is insane.
In the match committee, we trust.

Reactions: 2 users
With Prestia and Bolton coming in.

The outs I think will be Ross and one of the 3 smalls (forwards).

Caddy will ride shotgun with Riewoldt as will Chol with Nank.
Dimma came across like Caddy will be playing, he also said, Macca and Pickett "make no mistake those guys will be playing".

The below info are Riloi, Aarts and Castagna’s last 5 games. All 3 have been consistent. I think Rioli and Aarts on par and Castagna just below them.
If we had to solely go by last 5 games id say Castagna to go out just, but as he’s had a lot of finals experience and hasn’t been dropped for like 4 years, I can’t see him being dropped on the eve of the finals.

Rioli has been good last 5 weeks unfairly judged of late. (prior to that I wanted him out)
Big time finals player, I see him also playing.

That leaves the unlucky Aarts.
Has been very good and there will be a hard-luck story and for this week anyway, I think he will go out along with Ross.

Rich V Ess
Rioli 16 disposals, 5 tackles 1 goal, 5 CP, 10 pressure acts, 148 meters gained
Aarts 10 disposals, 2 tackles, 0 goals, 4CP, 21 pressure acts, 76 meters gained
Castagna 12 disposals, 0 tackles, 0 goals, 2 CP, 20 pressure acts, 83 meters gained

Rich V Eagles
Rioli 10 disposals, 5 tackles 1 goal, 2 CP, 19 pressure acts, 190 meters gained
Aarts 16 disposals, 3 tackles, 1 goal, 5CP, 13 pressure acts, 183 meters gained
Castagna 16 disposals, 3 tackles, 1 goal, 7 CP, 15 pressure acts, 291 meters gained

Rich V Freo
Rioli 13 disposals, 0 tackles 0 goals, 3 CP, 7 pressure acts, 107 meters gained
Aarts 13 disposals, 4 tackles, 1 goal, 7CP, 11 pressure acts, 212 meters gained
Castagna 15 disposals, 2 tackles, 0 goals, 8 CP, 14 pressure acts, 234 meters gained

Rich V Geelong
Rioli 14 disposals, 2 tackles 1 goal, 4 CP, 15 pressure acts, 352 meters gained
Aarts 7 disposals, 3 tackles, 0 goals, 3CP, 10 pressure acts, 126 meters gained
Castagna 11 disposals, 3 tackles, 1 goal, 0 CP, 12 pressure acts, 232 meters gained

Rich V Crows
Rioli 14 disposals, 3 tackles 1 goal, 4 CP, 18 pressure acts, 236 meters gained
Aarts 12 disposals, 2 tackles, 2 goals, 1 CP, 7 pressure acts, 221 meters gained
Castagna 9 disposals, 5 tackles, 1 goal, 3 CP, 12 pressure acts, 166 meters gained

Combined stats for last 5 games RD’s 13-17
Rioli 67 disposals, 15 tackles 4 goals, 18 CP, 69 pressure acts, 1033 meters gained
Aarts 58 disposals, 14 tackles, 4 goals, 20 CP, 62 pressure acts, 829 meters gained
Castagna 63 disposals, 13 tackles, 3 goals, 20 CP, 73 pressure acts, 1006 meters gained

What was your logic for selecting 5 games to gather the stats on?

I can't even see it as a legit argument as when you have 2 players that run at warp speed like Balta and Grimes there is no such thing as top heavy down back for us.

I sleep easy at night knowing that Dave can help keep the ' Gorillas in the Mist '

View attachment 10568

Last years Q final there was bushfires and a duststorm (no *smile*) and then there was an onfield Dustystorm

So yeah a misty evening could work

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
What was your logic for selecting 5 games to gather the stats on?

I wouldn't gather data for the last half of the season (8-9 games to many), and in a 22 round season, I wouldn't gather data for 11 games, more like the last 4-5 heading into finals. The 3 of them have been consistent, each has had a strong game in that block. Anyway, come Thurs all will be revealed.

Wow.
Just continues out of their camp.

Want this win Friday bad...

Haha Salty Scott used to say similar things including we were better in 2018 than 2019. He learnt the hard way. So will this senile old codger

why is Aarts in the conversation by some to be dropped? he's been our best small forward all year... by a fair distance.
because if we decide to drop a small forward it is him, Castagna or Rioli. As ATs stats show over the last 5 weeks there is little difference between the 3, and both Rioli and Castagna have been important parts of our team for the past 4 eyars, and have played well in finals.
Also, for me Rioli and Castagna provide more pressure, Aarts might tackle well, but I reckon the other 2 will chase harder and longer. Also they offer better aerial contests than Aarts. They mightnt mark more, but i am pretty confident they would be outmarked less.

He would be unlucky, but someone has to go.

The same could have been said of towner '17?
Maybe but there's a significant difference I think. Towner was presented with his chance in the last 2 games of 2017 and grabbed it with both hands. 6 goals against the Dockers and 5 against the Saints. He then made substantial contributions in all finals including inflicting a world of pain on opposition defenders.

Mabs got his chance against the Crows and played like a bloke who had, um, nothing to play for. It was an extremely disappointing performance and I believe he is extremely lucky that Lynch is out this week or else I don't believe he would be playing.

Reactions: 7 users
Poor Lions. If they manage to beat us that will be it for them. It'll be their Grand Final and they'll lose the next two matches, failing to make the big one I reckon

Hmm Baloo - if the Lions manage to beat us it is impossible that they go on a lose the next two games this year.;)

Agree this Friday is their grand final - hope it’s not like us in 2017 v cats - I am expecting a very close game though.

• Sad