Changes for Qualifying Final | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for Qualifying Final

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Not many small forward options left if Aarts can't go. Bolton needs to stay in the midfield.

Edwards and Bolton would both rotate through the middle and forward.

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Lynch - Chol
Bolton - Aarts

Aarts stiff but Bolton in that position makes us more dangerous.

I'd consider moving Caddy to the Grigg 2nd ruck role.

Reactions: 1 user

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
Out: Cotchin, Martin, Grimes
In: Markov, Lynch, Higgins :))
But in all seriousness
Out: Chol, Pickett, Aarts (if inj) or Caddy (if inj)
In: Lynch, Shai, Prestia (if fit)

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Chol won’t get dropped. I would be staggered if we only went in with one ruck. We did it at the start of the year and it was a failed experiment.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I think the runner just went out to Charlie Cameron and told him the Tigers won and it looks like we’ll be playing them , bang instant limp on Charlie “ oh no not Grimes again “ Cameron

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
I will trust the selectors, I reckon they will do better job than most of the above suggestions

• Angry
Feb 25, 2007
Chol won’t get dropped. I would be staggered if we only went in with one ruck. We did it at the start of the year and it was a failed experiment.

We played with one ruck today anyway, chol was close to being invisible. Nank will ruck for the majority of the qtr and may get a chop out from Balta etc
Chol cannot get another game based on that insipid performance.

Reactions: 8 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Some big decisions to be made over the next 2 weeks. Reckon Chol is the hardest one, do we keep the structure and then he retains his spot (as no-one else of that height) or do we change tack and go with someone else as the 2nd ruck, maybe Broad?

I reckon thats a harder decision than if Prestia plays, if he can get through 60% game time, then he will play. I'm practically certain of that.

For me on the 1st I just can't trust Chol, so he goes out

In Lynch, Broad, Prestia, Bolton
Out Caddy, Chol, Ross, George / Aarts (the last 2 were really hard to pick from IMO)

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Chol was poor in the first half, halved his contests in the second and kicked a nice goal. Can’t be dropped, won’t be dropped.

Caddy is a proven big game player and could be that F50 muscle we need if Jack and Tom are held.

Listen to Dimma in the presser - Dion will be carried into the QF and will be right from there.

Bolton comes in for Pickett I’m sorry to say.

Which leaves Ross and Aarts as the other unlucky young men. Their chances will come.

In - Lynch, Bolton, Prestia
Out - Aarts, Ross, Pickett

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Chol was poor in the first half, halved his contests in the second and kicked a nice goal. Can’t be dropped, won’t be dropped.

Caddy is a proven big game player and could be that F50 muscle we need if Jack and Tom are held.

Listen to Dimma in the presser - Dion will be carried into the QF and will be right from there.

Which leaves Ross and Aarts as the unlucky young men. Their chances will come.
Aarts won’t be dropped. He is now our best small forward.
Ross is in the gun. I feel for the kid. Has done nothing wrong.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
We played with one ruck today anyway, chol was close to being invisible. Nank will ruck for the majority of the qtr and may get a chop out from Balta etc
Chol cannot get another game based on that insipid performance.

Agreed