Changes for Qualifying Final | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for Qualifying Final

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Aarts won’t be dropped. He is now our best small forward.
Ross is in the gun. I feel for the kid. Has done nothing wrong.

Jack aint going to hold Prestia out no matter how much we all want him to play, Dimma sounded pretty keen to get Dion in ASAP.

Very stiff the young fella.

Aarts will be the next to make way for mine not that I want the kid out but Shai's coming back and can rotate through forward as he and Sheds did last year and Caddy aint safe either.

Reactions: 1 user

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
In: Bolton, Lynch, Prestia
Out: Caddy, Chol, Ross

B GRIMES BALTA VLASTUIN
HB HOULI ASTBURY BAKER
C McINTOSH MARTIN PICKETT
HF EDWARDS RIEWOLDT BOLTON
F RIOLI LYNCH AARTS
R NANKERVIS, COTCHIN, PRESTIA
INTER LAMBERT, SHORT, GRAHAM, CASTAGNA
EMERG MARKOV, CADDY, ROSS, BROAD

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Jack aint going to hold Prestia out no matter how much we all want him to play, Dimma sounded pretty keen to get Dion in ASAP.

Aarts will be the next to make way for mine not that I want the kid out but Shai's coming back and can rotate through forward as he and Sheds did last year and Caddy aint safe either.

Caddy would be out ahead of Aarts imo.

Reactions: 1 users

bpchia

Tiger Cub
May 1, 2016
Castagna should not be in that team. His kicking for goal is atrocious, and he is not getting enough of it either. Aarts should be.
Chol has blown it.
Nothing much left in the cupboard. So Broad.
In Bolton, Broad and Lynch
Out Caddy, Castagna and Chol.

I disagree...he’s a crucial player...lots he does not on the stats sheet or TV. I think you will find he will play all finals, and that the selectors know best obviously. It’s not the late 80s / early 90s, it’s a team structure reason that he’s crucial. Goals are a bonus for George, and if we’re winning he’s 9 times out of 10 playing his role. Kicked a goal and his stats sheet was a par anyway. It’s largely who we are playing whether he’s involved a lot or a little in terms of the ball.
I love Broady, pity there are others more suited at present. Imagine if our whole list was fit how good the VFL team would be.

bpchia

Tiger Cub
May 1, 2016

B GRIMES BALTA VLASTUIN
HB HOULI ASTBURY BAKER
F RIOLI LYNCH AARTS
This is my team too, but trust selectors

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

Rioli goes out before Aarts.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
In: Bolton, Prestia, Lynch
Out: Pickett, Caddy, Chol

Comes down to Pickett v Ross for me. Pickett unlucky but I just trust Ross more at the moment for his ball winning and dispsosal.

Last edited:

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008

B GRIMES BALTA VLASTUIN
HB HOULI ASTBURY BAKER
F RIOLI LYNCH AARTS

looks likely that this is what will happen...although cady and ross played good solid games tonight...must be the best emergency list in history to

• Wow

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
Lynch is no certainty either, Dimma very cautious in the press conference "You only get one chance with hammies".

I reckon 2 phones played forward all night to see what the forward set up might look like without Lynch, ie: 2 phones as second banana.

Unfortunately he showed he can't play as the second tall yet. Doesn't mean he won't play as the second ruck in the first final, and possibly as the resting 3rd tall forward if Lynch plays.

TheCan

Tiger Superstar
Jul 17, 2011
Out
Chol rioli ross

in
Lynch bolton prestia

Keep Caddy macca and pickett rotating wing

bolton and titch rotating on ball and F50

balta rotating relief for nank

I was at game yesterday the only description i can afford for chol and rioli is lazy laxy lazy footballers

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
Dimma will be desperate to give Prestia some game time in a game we can lose. He will be picked even if underdone but can play. Assuming Arts, Caddy and Tom get up so its a best team discussion:

When Prestia is in - Ross is out.

Now it should be down to form.

When Bolton is in - George is out. I agreed to Aarts yesterday but the game last night proved that he is staying right there and is in front of George and Daniel.
When Lynch is in its a difficult selection decision:
- Caddy or Chol as 2nd ruck (I'd pick Chol for the 1st Final, yes he was poor but if you can get him going RFC is a much more balanced side)
- Caddy or Pickett for the wing (Captain's call, both can be relied upon to do their bit)

Kudos for Caddy being considered for wing, forward and the Grigg special. Still, could easily end up being #23 in our best team and miss the lot.

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Lynch is no certainty either, Dimma very cautious in the press conference "You only get one chance with hammies".

I reckon 2 phones played forward all night to see what the forward set up might look like without Lynch, ie: 2 phones as second banana.

Unfortunately he showed he can't play as the second tall yet. Doesn't mean he won't play as the second ruck in the first final, and possibly as the resting 3rd tall forward if Lynch plays.
Lynch is certainty to play

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Just for interest sake
We have 22 premiership players
Not counting rance & Soldo
Plus 4 finals debutants to add to the conversation

In all dimmas finals campaigns he never makes a team change unless it’s Forced through injury.

he’s got his squad of 26 picked.

short. Astbury. Broad
Vlastuin grimes Houli
Mcintosh Pickett. Caddy
DustyRiewoldt Castagna
Edwards. Lynch rioli
nankervis. Cotchin. Prestia
Bolton. Lambert graham baker

emerg’s: Chol Ross Balta Aarts

Chol and Ross are recent call ups to cover injury so they won’t make the GF if everyone stays fit.

but Aarts and Balta are obviously team locks so two premiership players will have to make way for them.

Last edited:

Raoul Juke

Tiger Rookie
Mar 23, 2019
I disagree...he’s a crucial player...lots he does not on the stats sheet or TV. I think you will find he will play all finals, and that the selectors know best obviously. It’s not the late 80s / early 90s, it’s a team structure reason that he’s crucial. Goals are a bonus for George, and if we’re winning he’s 9 times out of 10 playing his role. Kicked a goal and his stats sheet was a par anyway. It’s largely who we are playing whether he’s involved a lot or a little in terms of the ball.
I love Broady, pity there are others more suited at present. Imagine if our whole list was fit how good the VFL team would be.

Georgie is zero chance of getting dropped. He IS our style. Will never get dropped