Changes for Semi | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for Semi

Great points but not sure on defence part the midfield and forwards let us down no pressure on ball carrier way to easy coming in our defence.Grimes wasn't used correctly we didn't wake up Cameron taking him up the ground getting him out of the play was a ploy.

Don't really disagree, but defence seemed to lack structure tonight. They scored more easily than they should have. But the point about it coming too easy is always a good one as the best defence will never stop quality delivery from the centre.

Just as an aside, why do we call the players who play in the centre, mids? Midfield is a soccer term. They were called centremen when I was younger.

DS

Out: Chol, Castagna, Aarts

In: Lynch, Caddy, Ross.

Caddy to play forward, Ross to take Bolton's place as a mid, and Bolton to take Castagna's place. So we have a small forward who is actually dangerous and can tackle.

Reactions: 3 users
I agree wholeheartedly coberg. I’ve had enough of that little chaos merchant and his deplorable kicking. I’m not sure he really knows why he’s in the team any more.

In: Lynch, Caddy, Broad
Out: Chol, Aarts, Pickett

Caddy takes Marlion’s wing - played in a Premiership there, so knows the role.

Lynch in for Chol obviously.

Broad in for Aarts. Offers us flexibility. Didn’t he play a relief ruck role earlier in the year? He could be the one to give Nank a hand. He could also go onto a wing if Caddy is needed forward. Broad’s running capacity is there.

Only concern is that we might be too tall, but no way Chol plays, and Nank will need a spell at some point.

Castagna won’t get dropped. Think it’ll just be the one change. No need to say who.

Btw @LeeToRainesToRoach , in the AFL era how many sides that won the flag lost their qualifying final?

Castagna won’t get dropped. Think it’ll just be the one change. No need to say who.

Btw @LeeToRainesToRoach , in the AFL era how many sides that won the flag lost their qualifying final?

Reactions: 1 user
Last night was the exact reason you want/need to finish top 4.

Lynch and Caddy are musts. Need some targets up fwd that can take a mark. The idea of Balta fwd/ruck and broad back into defence is an interesting concept but can’t see Hardwick making any big changes to our structure at this point.

Ins Lynch, Caddy, Ross and Markov.
Outs Chol, Pickett, Arts, ???? ( Castagna Houli Lambert) we need some new energy Ross and Markov done absolutely nothing wrong to be dropped previously. Be brave and bold too many players not at their best and some need a wake up call.

In hindsight Prestia shouldn’t have played. So underdone.
Disagree. Had he not played last night, they'd have had to put a line through him for the rest of the finals. He'll be better next week for the run

Reactions: 2 users
not so much a selection change... but it seemed there may not have been a solid plan in place for who was taking the ruck contests inside forward 50m? only plan seemed to be Dustin using his strength to try and grab the ball out of the air and attempt a snap on goal; or Jack to nominate and lose the contest to try and win it on the ground... and as such; not so much planning for how to turn that fwd 50 ruck contest into an attacking play? .. seemed more only a plan of who would nominate for the ruck contest and no set-up around for the hit-to player or defensive set-up to win the ball back. havent watched the replay yet; so thats just first impression...

Brisbane monstered us physically- Caddy and Ross in hind sight would have been better in than out.

Lynch plays we win that match.

That was Brisbanes best and they only just won.

I think we can still win I would rather play Port in a Prelim than the GF and we will beat Brisbane if we play them in the GF with Lynch andd Caddy in.

Reactions: 2 users
What I would like to see and what will happen are two different things.

Caddy for Castagna
Markov for Pickett
Lynch for Chol

Lynch caddy ross Markov

Chol aarts lambert Pickett

Lambert has been to quiet for two long

Surely the ins and outs depend on who we play next week?

The only definite IMO is Lynch in for Choi whichever team we play.

get the premiership gang back in
lynch caddy and broad must all play and ross offers more than lambert fight now
chol..picket..aarts and lambert al out,,,