Changes for Semi | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for Semi

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
INS CADDY, LYNCH, SOLVES OUR FORWARD RUCK PROBLEM AND GIVES US MUCH BETTER WING-FORWARD OPTION,ALSO CADDY IS A GREAT KICK.

OUTS CHOL PICKETT.

THE GAME WAS LOST WHEN LYNCH WAS OUT AS OUR FORWARD CRUMBING GAME FELL AWAY WITHOUT LYNCH DIRECTING THE BALL DOWN,
WOULD CONSIDER ROSS FOR AARTS AS WELL.

Reactions: 1 user

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Last night was the exact reason you want/need to finish top 4.

Lynch and Caddy are musts. Need some targets up fwd that can take a mark. The idea of Balta fwd/ruck and broad back into defence is an interesting concept but can’t see Hardwick making any big changes to our structure at this point.

CCJ suspended Chol useless Soldo injured
Dimma needs to think outside the square
Broad backline Balta Forward/Ruck is needed Nankervis will need a rest sometime

Reactions: 1 users

gutfull

Tiger Superstar
Jul 6, 2013
Dimma will make several changes ,Lynch Ross , Caddy lynch , Broad perhaps .

Tigers are still in this, will beat Aints or Dogs next week then Port .few players needed the run .

Im hanging in there boys !

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
why don't we bring in a couple of players who haven't played most of the season and see if that helps.

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Outs
Chol ( never ever again )
Aarts
Pickett or McIntosh
Ins
Caddy , Lynch , Broad
You play Bakes on a wing .

Pandaboy

Tiger Superstar
Mar 27, 2009
Outs, chol and pickett (seen enough!!)

Ins caddy and lynch

Aarts stays in for mine.

tempany14

Tiger Rookie
Feb 25, 2008
I think we can still do it but it will be so hard. Given that lets be bold and select ross and markov and see what they can do If nothing else really good experience . So i would drop
Chol,
Aarts
Pickett and castagna
and would replace then with
Lynch
Caddy
Ross and markov

Raoul Juke

Tiger Rookie
Mar 23, 2019
Outs
Chol ( never ever again )
Aarts
Pickett or McIntosh
Ins
Caddy , Lynch , Broad
You play Bakes on a wing .

I agree with this.

Chol,
Aarts
Picket

Caddy
Broad
Lynch

Either of Markov & Ross next in line

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Castagna won’t get dropped. Think it’ll just be the one change. No need to say who.

Btw @LeeToRainesToRoach , in the AFL era how many sides that won the flag lost their qualifying final?
The question should be, how many teams on the verge of cementing their dynasty won the flag losing their qualifying final?
[/QUOTE]
1/1 i would think. Soon to be 2/2.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I would not have played Chol if Lynch played, but now I would be inclined to keep him in. I thought he 2nd half, and in particular the last 1/4 he played ok (setting the bar low.)
I dont think Nank has a full game in the ruck in him at the moment so needs better back up than Caddy/Pickett/Lynch.

Part of me thinks Astbury for Broad but it wont happen.

We played poor, our stars didnt play well, we were missing Lynch, we gave away silly 50 and goals, but we were a couple of unlucky goal reviews away from being a goal down late in the last. I cant see big changes.

Either Aarts or Chol out for Lynch. and maybe Caddy.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Brisbane monstered us physically- Caddy and Ross in hind sight would have been better in than out.

Someone asked as a joke on another site what Hardwick's record was when 3cm shorter and 3kg lighter. I looked it up and it was 3-4, now 3-5.

Brisbane's average age was 26. A few years ago that would've put them among the senior few. They're fully mature and stood up to us for the first time.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Someone asked as a joke on another site what Hardwick's record was when 3cm shorter and 3kg lighter. I looked it up and it was 3-4, now 3-5.

Brisbane's average age was 26. A few years ago that would've put them among the senior few. They're fully mature and stood up to us for the first time.
The average ages of teams on the whole seem to be getting higher

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
The average ages of teams on the whole seem to be getting higher

They're very high, clubs are very risk averse at present and you see them lining up for the likes of 32yo Isaac Smith. I haven't looked at the correlation but suspect the mature bodies contribute to a general defensiveness and lower scoring. Kids make mistakes and let goals through.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
My turn.

Safe to say this is the end of The Simon Phoenix experiment.

Outs
Simon Phoenix
Pickett
Aarts

Ins
The Lynch Mob
Caddyshack
Boobsy

Boobsy to share Balta role and both to take turns giving a chop out to Nank.
Caddyshack and Kmac on wings patrol.

Side looks more balanced already.
I should be in the MC.

Trade period focus on ready made Ruckmen, Ruckmen, Ruckmen.
As we know Ivan's cousin Ivan will miss most of 21, so this needs to be a priority.
End of.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Out: Chol, Castagna, Aarts

In: Lynch, Caddy, Ross.

Caddy to play forward, Ross to take Bolton's place as a mid, and Bolton to take Castagna's place. So we have a small forward who is actually dangerous and can tackle.
Good changes. Dimma won’t drop George though. The faith is blind no matter how ordinary he’s been all season.

Bill Haverchuck

Tiger Superstar
Jun 27, 2011
Out Chol , Aarts
In Broad Lynch

Gives us 7 talls which imo is generally the right amount and opens up a spot in the forward line to rest midfielders like bolton and edwards
Gives us the backline that won a flag last year with the option to move balta back if needed

I am actually curious to see how baltas improvement translates to playing in different roles , he had some pretty handy games last year
such as 18 dis 7 clearances dreamtime

Imagine if he could take the improvement he has shown to 2nd ruck/3rd forward type role..could be a real weapon?

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
My only concern about not playing Chol is what happens if we play next week against the Saints who have Ryder and Marshall.
Having Nank ruck alone could be too much of an aak and we will get exploited by playing Caddy or Broad.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
I think we don't make any fancy changes, we get back to doing what we do best. But it depends who our next opponent is.

In Lynch, Broad

Out Chol, Pickett

I assume Caddy is not fit.

Balta to the bench initially and then to play a tall utility role. Support Nank in the ruck and pinch hit where required.