Changes v Aints | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Aints

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Drop Baker? What has he done wrong?

Drop Naish? He's been fantastic!!!

Some people haven't got a clue!

I'd keep Bakes and Naish!

I'd also consider using Chol and CCJ as a forward/ruck combination.

Absolutely regarding Baker and Naish. CCJ to replace Chol. Balta can continue to backup in ruck.

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
If Cotchin, Edwards, Astbury all available they are in. And Bolton must come in. Does Soldo automatically come in?

Out has to be Menadue & Butler for sure. Both really poor the last couple of weeks. I think Naish may be dropped as well. Do they drop one of Garthwaite or Broad for Astbury? Maybe Balta? The Saints have Bruce/Membrey as aerial targets and Garth is a better defensive fit for those guys than Broad. Balta is no defender IMO so I'd almost go with him as an out. I'd like to see Ellis out also personally but he seems to survive. And then one of Balta/Choi to make way for Soldo? Saints ruck is Marshall (very promising player) so do you go with the bigger Soldo to try and get some clearance dominance or rely on athletic ability of other 2? I don't think we can afford to give them an easy passge in the ruck so Soldo comes in for mine.

IN - Cotchin, Edwards, Astubury, Bolton, Soldo
OUT - Menadue, Butler, Naish and one of Ellis/Graham/Broad/Garthwaite and one of either Balta/Choi.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Not sure why people calling naish to be dropped. Thought he was good the last game. Ellis surely goes first

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
No risks should be taken with soft tissue issues at Marvel. Ever.
News about Edwards Graham and Markov suggests they are unlikely. Astbury though appears a certain starter.
We are hitting the bottom of the well and fortunate to be facing the two bottom teams in a row.
Out Garthwaite Higgins Menadue omitted, Graham injured, with Broad Butler and Castagna holding on by a thread.
In Astbury Bolton Cameron-Jones and Collier-Dawkins.

B Astbury Grimes Stack
HB Rioli Valistun Houlie
C McIntosh Martin Capt, Ellis
HF Collier-Dawkins Balta Naish
F Caddy Lynch Baker
R Chol Bolton Prestia
I/C Broad Butler Castagna Cameron-Jones
Where are you getting the news re edwards and graham from?

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I heard Cotchin say on SEN that he should be right for Sunday and would have a solid session today. I went to PRO this morning and although the players were at the club i didn't see any track work in the couple of hours I were lurking. I will have to wait for main training on Friday to get a first hand look.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Not sure why people calling naish to be dropped. Thought he was good the last game. Ellis surely goes first

I would prefer Ellis go out to but think they will want to keep some experience.

If Edwards, Cotchin, Astbury & Soldo are available you would think they all come back in. Add Bolton as a certain in as well and you need 5 out.

Menadue & Butler appear certain outs. Choi or Balta go for Soldo so need 2 more?

Reactions: 1 user

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
I would prefer Ellis go out to but think they will want to keep some experience.

If Edwards, Cotchin, Astbury & Soldo are available you would think they all come back in. Add Bolton as a certain in as well and you need 5 out.

Menadue & Butler appear certain outs. Choi or Balta go for Soldo so need 2 more?
Chol butler higgins ellis garthwaite. There's 5. I'd back menadue in for 1 more game. Chol is way too soft for ruck. Garth comes out for dave. Higgins needs a run in the 2nds. The other 2 should be thanked for their efforts in 2017 and be replaced immediately.

ryan

Tiger Rookie
Jul 30, 2005
Chol butler higgins ellis garthwaite. There's 5. I'd back menadue in for 1 more game. Chol is way too soft for ruck. Garth comes out for dave. Higgins needs a run in the 2nds. The other 2 should be thanked for their efforts in 2017 and be replaced immediately.

ryan

Tiger Rookie
Jul 30, 2005
I listened to Cotch whole interview on SEN. Not too sure if he is a certain starter. He seemed to struggle with his answers which is strange for him as he is generally free flowing with his speech. He said he expects 3 players to be back this week. Didn't name them.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I listened to Cotch whole interview on SEN. Not too sure if he is a certain starter. He seemed to struggle with his answers which is strange for him as he is generally free flowing with his speech. He said he expects 3 players to be back this week. Didn't name them.
I would rather that he has an extra week off. He did his hammy, re-injured it in rehab, came back and played 2 games,missed the Crows game and then we we had the bye.
I don't know whether he did his hammy again, but effectively he's missed another 2 games, i think one more would be prudent at this time of the season.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Are we cursed by the footy gods??
Why, you ask?

First, all the injuries.
Second, we copped a red hot kangaroo team immediately after their coach got the boot and we lost big time.
Third, we now have to face what has to be a rejuvenated team of Saints after they were disgraced against the Lions.
No doubt they are going to come out fighting and woe be us if we don't get our act together and win this game.

Have to wonder why the gods have us facing teams with a lot to play for after monumental events at these clubs

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
From a different site poster.

Since 2012 our overall record is 90 - 55 (win rate of 62%). Over that same period we only win 56.5% at the Dome - fairly significant factor.

Over that time our average ladder position is between 5-6, whilst St. Kilda's is 14.

So coming into this game, with our respective seasons this tight and considering our historic penchant for losing crucial games to lesser favoured opposition, this merits as a tremendously dangerous game.

what are we? 1-2 at Marvel this year? meaning a win will bring us closer to the 56%. and they just got pants by the lions. as long as they don't sack the coach this week, we are sure things.

tony_montana

Tiger Rookie
Aug 15, 2018
I would rather that he has an extra week off. He did his hammy, re-injured it in rehab, came back and played 2 games,missed the Crows game and then we we had the bye.
I don't know whether he did his hammy again, but effectively he's missed another 2 games, i think one more would be prudent at this time of the season.

If he missed the crows game bc he did his hammy again, he wont be back this week, next week or the week after. He'll be pretty much done for the season if its 3 hammies in the same season. If he hasnt done his hammy, he's straight back in this week, hardly played a game all year, he needs games!

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
If he missed the crows game bc he did his hammy again, he wont be back this week, next week or the week after. He'll be pretty much done for the season if its 3 hammies in the same season. If he hasnt done his hammy, he's straight back in this week, hardly played a game all year, he needs games!
NO ,didn,t re do his hammy,was sore ,so club said miss crows match so, you get another big break and only miss a game.

tony_montana

Tiger Rookie
Aug 15, 2018
NO ,didn,t re do his hammy,was sore ,so club said miss crows match so, you get another big break and only miss a game.
Is it sore like the last time where he missed an extra 4 weeks? Apparently he didnt redo it after 3 weeks, was just sore for another 4 :)

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
whoever comes in will improve us .. Higgins Butler Ellis out. and maybe Chol.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
If cotchin and lambert aren't fit and ready to go from this week on then it's season over.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Are we cursed by the footy gods??
Why, you ask?

First, all the injuries.
Second, we copped a red hot kangaroo team immediately after their coach got the boot and we lost big time.
Third, we now have to face what has to be a rejuvenated team of Saints after they were disgraced against the Lions.
No doubt they are going to come out fighting and woe be us if we don't get our act together and win this game.

Have to wonder why the gods have us facing teams with a lot to play for after monumental events at these clubs.

Not too worried about the coaching affect on the sainters as they are in turmoil at the moment - if they sacked their coach between now and Sunday we would get the new coach bounce in performance and I would therefore be a little worried.

They will come out firing on Sunday but for a club under siege it normally only lasts a qtr or so and they run out of emotional puff - here’s hoping.