Changes v GC | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v GC

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
It might be a bit left field but I'd look at replacing Broad with Caddy, he may be a bit slow but he's big, smart, tough & can run all day.
Not the worst option imo.
And he wouldn't let us get bashed up like the Lions and the Saints did to us.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Dow, RCJ, Mansell, Parker, Rioli Jnr, Miller all have to come into consideration.
Some changes need to occur after tonight's abysmal performance.
Seems that Balta and Broad are done for the season, so there's two automatic changes.
A number of players must be close to the chop, but maybe the depth of the list isn't as strong as we thought or not ready to play at the elite level.
Still got plenty of games left this season to get the youngsters ready to play at the elite level, need to keep pushing more games into them.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Nah. Biggy hardly got near it against Willy even before he hurt his leg.
I rate him TM that’s why I’d like to have given him an early run without DTLD and Balta , he has upside where Miller I don’t believe is up to it , nothing to do with last week’s performance

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
RCD to play the rest of the year, time for Sydney Stack, Ralphsmith or MoJo for George. Astbury for Balta. Lynch for Ryan hopefully. Wholesale changes.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Out: Chairman of Selectors (worst selection in 20 years or at least since Relton Roberts!) . We picked a ruckman; who didn't get to ruck! I think we have probably put his development back a year. We just set him up to fail on a cold, wet Friday night! In conditions where all logic said we should go smaller, we went bigger. Was it arrogance or incompetence?
Pretty sure Sampson has played predominantly forward this year. Reserves had little choice with Chol and CJ in the 1s last week so he rucked. Clearly the aim was to have CJ ruck more, which he did, and have Sampson forward.. I don't think he should have been played but he only had just over 50% game time and calls that it's put his development back a year are a bit over the top. If anything it's given him a rude awakening and a taste of what's required at the top end of town.

Reactions: 2 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Ross has been playing down back so might come in. I would have a look at Miller and Cumberland too.

Feb 25, 2007
Jack Riewoldt saying Balta has a syndesmosis injury and not an ACL, commentators on fox footy saying that's great news for balta as they were fearing the worst.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Surely Nank, Astbury and Lynch are ready to return for the Suns game?

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
No idea why all the talk about the talls needing to go out - it is true they could not seem to take marks last night, but it isn't as if any of our small running players were actually running.

Talk of Shedda out is just silly.

We need to look at how we plug the gaps with Balta and Broad out - the suggestion of Caddy back in place of Broad is not a bad idea and worth a try. Have to try Miller, see if he is worth persisting with.

RCD should be back.

Possibly try Dow..

And, stick a bomb under those who played last night, just to wake them up.

DS

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
MRJ will go for that, direct strike to the face. 1-2 weeks

it depend on the blokes face these days.

I've drastically reset my 2021 goals after the carnage of the last night.

My new 2021 goal is to beat Geelong when we play them on the scoreboard, physically and mentally

add, stack, Parker, mrj, Mansell, caddy to the side

and say

hurt them and party like its 2017.

• Love