Changes v GWS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v GWS

I been told by a close contact that Hugo has been told he is playing. Not sure if they will play as a running defender or in the middle (assume with baker in middle he will be running defender (bakers role). How did they all look at training?
Dimma usually announces debutants in advance of selection at his game preview presser usually scheduled before main training, (which should be today).

I noticed that the press seemed to be banned from training today? although chl 9 hanging around like a bad smell.

Anyone know if Dimma held a presser today?

I been told by a close contact that Hugo has been told he is playing. Not sure if they will play as a running defender or in the middle (assume with baker in middle he will be running defender (bakers role). How did they all look at training?
Wouldn’t mind this. As much as our injury crisis is awful, it’s great to start seeing the kids.

RCD has been more than solid and looks long termish. Be nice to have a couple more do the same.

Hugo, Martyn, Ross or Naish. Need one of them to stand up. Two would be a dream.

Reactions: 3 users
I hear the AFL is reverting back to Thursday night teams (thank god). Does that start from this week or next?

I would happily accept Thursday night as long as they kept 2 or 3 games on Saturday at 2pm. But as things stand, they always take games from Saturday arvo to play Thursday night games. until this stops, i will oppose Thursday night games.

Dimma usually announces debutants in advance of selection at his game preview presser usually scheduled before main training, (which should be today).

I noticed that the press seemed to be banned from training today? although chl 9 hanging around like a bad smell.

Anyone know if Dimma held a presser today?
Nothing up on the website. Its normally held on the Thursday morning. Interesting to see what the hold up is.

I would happily accept Thursday night as long as they kept 2 or 3 games on Saturday at 2pm. But as things stand, they always take games from Saturday arvo to play Thursday night games. until this stops, i will oppose Thursday night games.
I was talking about Teams being announced on Thursday night.

I agree on Thursday night games. I hate them. But I am enjoying the Thursday night VFL game on Fox/Kayo. Good to be able to see some of the young kids and established VFL players running around.

Nice that Hugo gets a run. Do we have any idea on where he might line up? Are we thinking wing freeing up Picket or HBF freeing up Bakes?

Nice that Hugo gets a run. Do we have any idea on where he might line up? Are we thinking wing freeing up Picket or HBF freeing up Bakes?
Mansells already done the latter but could see him dropping out for Vlastuin still.

Reckon he will play wing and ensure Pickett and Ross stay inside.

With Grimes coming back Mansell might make way. He's packed a lot of valuable experience into five weeks but might have a bit of a mystery headache this week so I wouldn't be averse to giving him a complete rest.

In: Grimes, Hugo, CJ
Out: Sheds, Shai, Mansell

CJ to stretch their defence and give Nank a chop-out. Hugo wing. Marlion, Ross, inside rotation.

Heat their midfield. Own their forwards. Rebound like lightning. Overwhelm their backs.

Reactions: 1 users
Complicated one the old Thursday night footy.

As a dad I don't like it, as a TV watcher I do like it, as a game attender I don't like it.

Players, clubs, the AFL and the TV networks love it, fans not so much.
Yeah, I like most footy as a tv watcher (the least favourite time slot is the 4.40 Sunday game). And yes, Thursday night doesn’t impress to actually attend a game.

I always wonder when the AFL will try Monday night football again.

With Grimes coming back Mansell might make way. He's packed a lot of valuable experience into five weeks but might have a bit of a mystery headache this week so I wouldn't be averse to giving him a complete rest.

CJ to stretch their defence and give Nank a chop-out. Hugo wing. Marlion, Ross, inside rotation.

Heat their midfield. Own their forwards. Rebound like lightning. Overwhelm their backs.
Mansell or Naish sub?

we haven't really got to see Melee run yet cause hes been playing the lockdown small,

but his *smile* quick.

I really hope he stays.

I was talking about Teams being announced on Thursday night.

I agree on Thursday night games. I hate them. But I am enjoying the Thursday night VFL game on Fox/Kayo. Good to be able to see some of the young kids and established VFL players running around.
Does anyone actually like them? I hate them, too. Yet since they’ve been in a hiatus every time I listen to someone in the radio they’re moaning about the fact that there aren’t any games on Thursday night.

we haven't really got to see Melee run yet cause hes been playing the lockdown small,

but his *smile* quick.

I really hope he stays.
I know he's quick and I'm a fan but with Grimes back someone has to go from the defence. Bakes has already been redeployed.

Reactions: 1 users
This is my thoughts on our midfield group both for Best 22 and what we should do this weekend. 4/10 of our midfield in their Best 22 position.

1620889488930.png

Reactions: 2 users