Changes v GWS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v GWS

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Any possible chance we can get CCJ in??

I’m still hoping
Not even because it might suit against the Giants specifically - but just a chance to see him in action and then hopefully to deserve a couple of follow up games as well
But I’m not holding my breath

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Any possible chance we can get CCJ in??
Worried about his development and his future with us. Unfortunately for CCJ he was drafted at a club during a period that much prefers runners over talls illustrated by the stats showing we've been the shortest average side in every game for years (when was the last time we were taller than the opposition?). 3 flags indicates that this philosophy has worked (staggered other clubs aren't trying to get shorter) but it's unfortunate for him. He'd be getting much more game time at another club you'd think and wouldn't surprise if he thought the same.

Reactions: 2 users

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
Worried about his development and his future with us. Unfortunately for CCJ he was drafted at a club during a period that much prefers runners over talls illustrated by the stats showing we've been the shortest average side in every game for years (when was the last time we were taller than the opposition?). 3 flags indicates that this philosophy has worked (staggered other clubs aren't trying to get shorter) but it's unfortunate for him. He'd be getting much more game time at another club you'd think and wouldn't surprise if he thought the same.
I think Ratugolea found Picket out a bit last week by putting his hand up to block him from jumping over him. Of course, that's usually an illrgal sheppard, but we are talking about Richmond where the rule book seems to get thrown out.

I can almost imagine the Steve Hocking phone call to Chris Scott in the week leading up to the game:

Steve Hocking: Hi Chris, it's Steve here. I've got an idea to counter the Tige's using Pickett i nthe ruck.
Chris Scott: Yea go ahead mate, i'm all ears!
SH: Just get your ruckman to put his long arm out and block him, take possession and boot it out of the square.
CS: Yea but Steve, isn't that a free?
SH: Hehe Chris mate, don't we let all your guys get away with ducking into tackles? It's Richmond anyway. Tel lyour guys to try to run through tackles as much as thet can. If they get caught, it's all good, we never pay that to the Tiges.
CS: Oh cool. i'll let the boys know. Hey who do you think i should throw in the ruck against Pickett?
SH: Ratugolea
CS: F*&* i haven''t even picked him.
SH: Make a late change mate. Yopu know how the AFL is with Wokeness. You need to get a black guy in there.
CS: But Pickett's black.
SH: .......... uh, is he?
CS.......................... (what a f*&%ing dunce)
SH: Well you're still more woke. You got that gay guy in your forward line.
CS: He's injured this week mate.
SH: .................... well you got that female footballer as well.
CS: .............who, what.... what female footballer?
SH: The really hot one, i got a big poster of her up in you know, the room.
CS: The Pool room?
SH: Yea, Mary Blicavs
CS......................................... ummm
SH: Love her, damned long legs and all
CS: Umm ,mate that's Mark not Mary.................. it's a dude mate.
SH:....................................................... what, are you sure?
CS:Yea mate, but we still gotenough woke points despite that yea?
SH: ummm................ yea, i'm still shocked, a dude?
CS: Yes a dude................. hey by the way, i'll take that invite fro mthe other week to come over to your pool room, are you free tonight, i wouldn't mind a game or two.
SH: Yea not worries................... a dude, who would have thought!

Late that evening..............

CS: Hey Steve, that's one bloody big poster of Blicavs
SH: Yea i couldn't bring myself to take it down, you know this being my pull room and all.
CS: Pull room? (as Chris looks areound for the pool table).
SH: Yea Pull room (as Steve seductively unzips)
CS.: ............... i think there's been a terrible mistake!

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
We lost the game last week at selection. Once the Cats dropped Stanley, we were in trouble.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
CCJ probably should start looking for a new home. It’s pretty obvious we’re not interested in playing him.

Reactions: 3 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
In today's press conference Dimma said we know CCJ is playing well , but we can't fit him in the system the way we're playing.I'm not buying that we a screaming for another tall and we played that system before with Nank and Soldo that was poor last week Pickett in ruck.

Reactions: 2 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
In today's press conference Dimma said we know CCJ is playing well , but we can't fit him in the system the way we're playing.I'm not buying that we a screaming for another tall and we played that system before with Nank and Soldo that was poor last week Pickett in ruck.
We can definitely fit one in, but Dimma is prepared to die on the ‘we only need one ruck’ hill.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Dimma is all about run and field coverage. Soldo's great form while nank was out injured forced him to play them both otherwise he would have played 1 ruck. CCJ will only get a game if nank or lynch are out.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerhalsey

RICHOOOO What A Mark!!
Jul 28, 2007
Melbourne
Dimma is all about run and field coverage. Soldo's great form while nank was out injured forced him to play them both otherwise he would have played 1 ruck. CCJ will only get a game if nank or lynch are out.
The question is, can CCJ hold down the #1 ruck role?
I've always seen him as what we wished vickey would be

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
The question is, can CCJ hold down the #1 ruck role?
I've always seen him as what we wished vickey would be
He doesn't need to with Nank in the side simple as that and pushes forward takes pressure of Jack and Tom to.

Last edited:

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Understand your point , but this year more then ever talls having a big impact.Playing no second ruck against cats was poor coaching.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

tigerhalsey

RICHOOOO What A Mark!!
Jul 28, 2007
Melbourne
He doesn't need to with Nank in the side simple as that and pushes forward takes pressure of Jack znd Tom to.
I agree, but someone was saying he would only come into the side if Nank or Lynch or Jack go down. I agree with Lynch and Jack as he would be like for like, but in for Nank im unsure if he will hold down #1 ruck solo

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Sydney papers saying Mumford being rested and GWS relying on Flynn and debuting a ruck, name escapes me now