Changes v GWS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v GWS

Well right now we can be certain of this as long as Grub passes his final fitness test.

Out - Shane

In - Grimes

It was a feast of terrible basic skill errors last night. I saw worse. Its about context for me. Half the side were making bad blues, and most of them went into their shell along with it, he didn't.
Yep he kept fighting on, i saw him punch himself ;), (not kidding either), when he dropped a sitter resulting in a goal.

The Giants want CCJ. Do we put him in the window next week and hope he plays a good game?
Seems Dimma doesn’t want him As we’re crying out for another ruck/forward to give Nank a break and provide a marking option in our forward line but CCJ still can’t get a game

Caddy is another option up forward.

Did a great job as our second key forward in 17 and 18.

Is a smart player too and good contested mark.

Reactions: 2 users
Seems Dimma doesn’t want him As we’re crying out for another ruck/forward to give Nank a break and provide a marking option in our forward line but CCJ still can’t get a game
Dimma can be very stubborn on certain points. One of these appears to be not playing 2 rucks, unless Soldo is available.

I'd play Caddy. He would realise that he is on his last chance(s) and give his all to stay in the side.
May prove a bust but I do believe he would be a better contributor than Castagna at this point in time.

Reactions: 1 user
Hugo Ralphsmith in line for Richmond debut after Shane Edwards injury blow

Richmond says it can find a silver lining in Shane Edwards’ long-term injury with a new cult hero looming for a Round 9 debut.

Richmond will look into the past for confidence a fourth premiership in five years is still in its future, although the Tigers will have to stabilise their rocky season without Shane Edwards.
Their most polished player is staring at about 6-8 weeks on the sidelines with what the club described as a “significant medial ligament sprain” to Edwards’ left ankle.

Edwards, 32, was on crutches as he was sent for ankle scans on Saturday.

The Tigers did not put a time frame on the injury, but said it was a “medium term” setback.

It has been a revolving door of three-time premiership superstars at Punt Rd this year.

The Tigers regained Nick Vlastuin and Dustin Martin against Geelong on Friday night, but lost Trent Cotchin (hamstring) and Dylan Grimes (concussion) and have now had Edwards go down.

They are still without Kane Lambert and Dion Prestia (both calf).

The club’s VFL team had a bye this round, but half-forward Hugo Ralphsmith is a good chance to make his AFL debut against Greater Western Sydney at Marvel Stadium next week.

Last edited:
Stack for Edwards. Balmey to reassess.
CCJ for Castagna
Grimes for Mansell or Broad

Ashbury. Grimes Balta
Baker. Flossy. Houli
Short. Pickett. Kmac
Rioli. CCJ. Riewoldt
Lynch. Bolton. Stack
Nank. Martin. Graham
RCD Ross Aarts Broad/Mansell
Broad won't be droped

I don't know enough about the next tier to say but I think we saw Mansell and Ross are probably ready to go back and work out a few things and Edwards will clearly miss.

Grimes obviously comes back and I think CCJ would be a good in structurally. I'd love to see MRJ unleashed but I think that won't happen until Dreamtime, so it might be time for Naish or Ralph-Smith to have a run.
Ralphy gets a good wrap in last weeks reserves report. He must be itchingly close

"His ability to break lines has been a real feature and his aerobic capacity continues to allow him to get back to help us in defence. He's displayed an ability to play multiple roles."

Reactions: 1 users
I'd play Caddy. He would realise that he is on his last chance(s) and give his all to stay in the side.
May prove a bust but I do believe he would be a better contributor than Castagna at this point in time.
Caddy has had plenty of chances. Clever, good hands and nice kick but he is just too slow.
Prefer others.

this is what I'd like to see:

OUT: Edwards (inj) Ross Mansell

IN: Ralpsmith Coleman-Jones Grimes

Sub: Stack

Ralphsmith, Pickett, Bolton, Graham, Martin, RCD in the guts. This is thin. I know it, everyone knows it.

We MUST play another tall up forward to ease the two-way workload on the mids. A more classical forward line, less focus on territory and more on efficiency. We also gotta play our absolute best back 7 if we're gonna absorb a decent amount of oppo entries, so Baker running off a HBF. Our running backs need to support the mids at every opportunity.

Stack with his limited fitness might be an ideal sub if we lose yet another mid.

Lol astbury and aarts out. Nope
First we need to end the Pickett rucking farce. Need him on the wing. Next we need to stop using a back as a ruckman. If one of them doesn't ruck, then we're too tall down back so one has to go and Astbury is it. Next we need another tall option to support Lynch and Jack and at the same time solve the 2nd ruckman problem. Therefore Aarts has to make way.