Changes v GWS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v GWS

Is MRJ ready?

he was ready 20 years before he was conceived.

I'll be pretty surprised if Mansell passes the concussion tests this week.

which will mean Bakes goes back, and theres a spot inside 50

Reactions: 1 user
he was ready 20 years before he was conceived.

I'll be pretty surprised if Mansell passes the concussion tests this week.

which will mean Bakes goes back, and theres a spot inside 50
Grimes will go back. Baker has been good forward of centre

Who would you drop for Grimes?
Fair question. But for me, not him. So many players who were worse. Can play, quick, goes hard. Made a few blues last night but continued to show that. As I said on the other thread, might miss from the head knock anyway so could be moot, he is a bit of a danger to himself. Grimes in for Edwards by necessity, not like for like I know, we need the best players we have available in the side right now, especially goers.

Reactions: 2 users
CCJ must play.

If we are saying Titch and Mansell are out both injured

In - CCJ, Grimes, Naish
Out - Titch, Nigel, Ross

Naish after medical sub for 2 weeks needs to play a full game, possibly at the expense of Ross.

George needs a spell. Maybe wildcard MRJ on the dry Marvel deck and see what happens.

Baker copped a bump from Duncan and was a bit dazed, so see what the club does. Only option past this would be Caddy.

With Lambo and Meatball available in say 3 weeks, these kids better play for their lives.

we simply have to do what ever it takes, other than inject all our players with performance enhancing drugs,

to get 4 points against GWS.

cause it will be very tough to beat Brisbane on the Gabba missing an entire midfield.

5:5 after round 10,

then we have crows and bombers on the G.

I'll be happy with 6:6,

then we should get cotchy, dion and lambo back (sheds will still be a month away imo)

then win another 8 and finish 14:8 around 5th-6th,

or get lucky and go 7-5, win 9 of the last 10 with a full list,

and finish 16:6 and top 4.

in this context, GWS next, and Essendon on the G in round 12 are incredibly important games.

I think we win both, we finish top 4, we drop either, we dont.

Mansell made a couple of blues, but to say he wasn't on his pat Malone is a gross understatement. Flew the flag superbly IMO, especially in his what, 5th game. Entrenched IMO.
Can't agree that Mansell is entrenched on last night's game he was terrible, basic, basic errors. I hope eZy was right and the Selwood clash rattled his brain because there was something loose in there.
I have him as an omission for Grimes. Also Mansell only got his chance because Hugo got himself reported so I would even give Hugo a go.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't get this idea we don't need a second ruck because the opposition don't have one. Very reactive.

We pick a second ruck and let them be reactive.

DS

Worrying signs in a number of matches this year. IMO team selections over the coming few weeks (subject to injuries) will indicate where the match committee see where we are at this season. Continuing to select the long term out of form players such as Castagna Rioli etc (unlikely to get any better) would indicate to me that this is last role of the dice for a flag with the current squad. If Caddy gets selected again would only reinforce that view. Further we have a large number of long time star players who are on the slide and this could happen very quickly as most are now very injury prone. Even allowing for the lost year last year it also indicates little confidence that the younger brigade in the VFL are going to make it. This may mean Balmey may have to make some brutal list decisions at the end of the year depending on where we finish. Long team question marks even turn on my grandsons favourite player Prestia (I know he is under contract) given him being very injury prone and averaging around 10 games max a season. An important player we can carry if in flag contention but a luxury if we suddenly become a bottom 8 contender. Love to be proven wrong however the difference when we turn up to play and when we don't is strikingly different to previous seasons.

We need a third tall, forward/ruck, CCJ is the obvious choice. He deserves a go, but that would leave us with 3 talls with not much leg speed.

Wouldn't mind Balta down there, but who replaces him down back? One from left field is Chol, watching on the tv it appeared that he spent a little bit of time down back against Werribee. Unlikely to happen without doing a bit of an apprenticeship in the VFL.
I reckon his best chance of an AFL career is going to be as a defender, where he can be lead to the ball.

Can't agree that Mansell is entrenched on last night's game he was terrible, basic, basic errors. I hope eZy was right and the Selwood clash rattled his brain because there was something loose in there.
I have him as an omission for Grimes. Also Mansell only got his chance because Hugo got himself reported so I would even give Hugo a go.
It was a feast of terrible basic skill errors last night. I saw worse. Its about context for me. Half the side were making bad blues, and most of them went into their shell along with it, he didn't.

Worrying signs in a number of matches this year. IMO team selections over the coming few weeks (subject to injuries) will indicate where the match committee see where we are at this season. Continuing to select the long term out of form players such as Castagna Rioli etc (unlikely to get any better) would indicate to me that this is last role of the dice for a flag with the current squad. If Caddy gets selected again would only reinforce that view. Further we have a large number of long time star players who are on the slide and this could happen very quickly as most are now very injury prone. Even allowing for the lost year last year it also indicates little confidence that the younger brigade in the VFL are going to make it. This may mean Balmey may have to make some brutal list decisions at the end of the year depending on where we finish. Long team question marks even turn on my grandsons favourite player Prestia (I know he is under contract) given him being very injury prone and averaging around 10 games max a season. An important player we can carry if in flag contention but a luxury if we suddenly become a bottom 8 contender. Love to be proven wrong however the difference when we turn up to play and when we don't is strikingly different to previous seasons.
Oh no, the sky is falling in.

It was a feast of terrible basic skill errors last night. I saw worse.

it was like Shorty went colour blind and dyslexic and saw vertical blue and white as diagonal yellow and black for the night.

I thought Shorty, broady, Vlastuin, Ross, Lynch and George

might have all had a touch of the mystery concussions.

maybe its viral?

but yeah, there was nothing mysterious about Melee's

If they measured hip bone density across the league, Selwoods would be in the 99th percentile

And now Finlayson will get rubbed out....

This season's downward spiral continues

The way we are going he'd probably kick 5 goals, any tall they miss right now is a bonus to be honest.

Last edited: