Changes V Lions | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes V Lions

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
In: Vlastuin
Out: Markov

Think Caddy and Astbury get another week. Cotchin to be rested either this game or next.

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Be a risk playing Vlas, a tight calf/mild strain can easily get worse so keep him for Port.
Stack did well after missing many games, had the most tackles (7) so he stays in.
Eggy could have attacked harder at times but how did his opponent go? We still had a big win so he stays.
Out: Kmac - quad.
In: Like to see either RCD or Dow for wing.

Reactions: 1 users
Feb 25, 2007
Markov, I would be highly surprised if he was dropped on that performance. Watching the game Markov looked lively and was much more involved than Stack. I was rapt that stack came back into the side but geez that was a flat performance. In close, he looked good in tackling but in a running capacity not the stack we have seen from last year.

Stats: Markov - 11 possessions (9 kicks and 2 handballs), 6 contested, 4 pressure acts, 240 meters gained (very good), 2 tackles.

Stats: Stack: - 8 possessions (2 kicks and 6 handballs), 1 contested, 21 pressure acts, 89 meters gained (very low), not working hard enough to run and spread. 7 tackles (very good).

Reactions: 3 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Great opportunity to remind the footy world who is the reigning premier , play the best team available.

out Markov In Vlaustin

Platinum member

Tiger Matchwinner
Nov 30, 2015
Reservoir
Markov, I would be highly surprised if he was dropped on that performance. Watching the game Markov looked lively and was much more involved than Stack. I was rapt that stack came back into the side but geez that was a flat performance. In close, he looked good in tackling but in a running capacity not the stack we have seen from last year.

Stats: Markov - 11 possessions (9 kicks and 2 handballs), 6 contested, 4 pressure acts, 240 meters gained (very good), 2 tackles.

Stats: Stack: - 8 possessions (2 kicks and 6 handballs), 1 contested, 21 pressure acts, 89 meters gained (very low), not working hard enough to run and spread. 7 tackles (very good).
Way off the mark regarding stack not working hard enough. Ranked number 1 on the ground for work rate when we had the ball and number 4 on the ground for when the dogs had it.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Feb 25, 2007
Way off the mark regarding stack not working hard enough. Ranked number 1 on the ground for work rate when we had the ball and number 4 on the ground for when the dogs had it.

Lol 89 meters gained that's it in a nutshell. That's not working hard. If you read my post clearly you would've seen that I actually commended his tackling (didn't save graham who had 9 the week before). Stack also being caught several times looked lethargic. But in close did well, bottom like we want his run and flair to create and also to win his own ball, he had 1 contested possession. Don't take stats as gospel see with your own eyes he couldn't run a gallop.

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

I'm not sure you would regard it as dropped if Markov is the one. He did nothing wrong, but Vlastuin is a far superior player.

Feb 25, 2007
I'm not sure you would regard it as dropped if Markov is the one. He did nothing wrong, but Vlastuin is a far superior player.

I'm saying Markov won't get dropped before stack. Vlastuin is a def in, I'm saying for stack unless someone doesn't pull up like KMac etc

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I'm saying Markov won't get dropped before stack. Vlastuin is a def in, I'm saying for stack unless someone doesn't pull up like KMac etc

I'm not sure if you watched Dimmas press conference. He was complimentary of Stack, didn't sound like he would be dropped. If Kmac is fit, then expect it to be Markov for Vlastuin.

Feb 25, 2007
I'm not sure if you watched Dimmas press conference. He was complimentary of Stack, didn't sound like he would be dropped. If Kmac is fit, then expect it to be Markov for Vlastuin.

Come on when does dimma ever bag a player when we have won by 7 goals. No chance Markov for vlastuin. Our worst was by far Stack.
240+ meters gained and you think he will be dropped, 6 contested and 4 intercept possessions, he did exactly what he was asked to do.

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Given the tight fixture and game turnarounds I think Dimma will be wanting to manage the senior players through this by making best use of the less experienced(but very hungry for success) players.If it works we could be top 2 after playing the Suns.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

You just had to see him struggle trying to man up when the dogs were running the ball out of defence. No doubt he was "working hard", but he was trailing his man by ten metres. Really poor.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
how far are Prestia and Nank?

Don
Given the tight fixture and game turnarounds I think Dimma will be wanting to manage the senior players through this by making best use of the less experienced(but very hungry for success) players.If it works we could be top 2 after playing the Suns.

One week at a time .

We never get ahead of ourselves at Tigerland..’

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I can see some rotations happening for next Tuesday - Cotch for one, maybe Grimes for Vlas or Astbury, Lambert will get a rest at some stage and can’t see KMac getting up next week. I could see Jack and Lynch having a week off each - good chance to get CCJ a couple of games also.

Hoping Dow and RCD get a game

We have the squad and smarts to do this and I think it will enable us to be cherry-ripe for finals.

I dont think we will get too cute.

We'll already have nank, dion, sheds, bachar, caddy, and dltd cherry ripe

We dont wanna over-cherry ripen

• Haha
Feb 25, 2007
You just had to see him struggle trying to man up when the dogs were running the ball out of defence. No doubt he was "working hard", but he was trailing his man by ten metres. Really poor.

I luv stack and as i said to my wife this guy if he plays like last year is integral to the team. But you're right he lagged behind, I watched him carefully, did not run hard enough like he was spent. In close, he did well-tackling and smoothers too but 89 meters is a damning stat, it shows a total lack of run.

Several times i saw him not chase like he had no energy. I said in this thread maybe he played the game in his head already and zapped all his energy.
Happens a lot in GF's players play the game in their heads then come game day many struggle.