Changes V Lions | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes V Lions

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
I’d be really disappointed if Oleg was dropped. He looked at home last night, finally! Higglett and or kmac first if stack is still in the team.

Reactions: 4 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Vlas might miss another week or even two if its a calf has there been word on it. I doubt Tigga will play

Astbury might be out for one more but would be very handy against the Bears tall forward line.

Hopefully Dave is fit, then he can take McStay, or Oscar.

Grimes - Cameron

Balta - Himmelberg.

Broad the cover man, if DLTLD doesnt come up Broad gets Hipwood again after flogging him in round 23 and then in the Q/F last year.

Last edited:

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Vlas might miss another week or even two if its a calf has there been word on it. I doubt Tigga will play

Astbury might be out for one more but would be very handy against the Bears tall forward line.

Hopefully Dave is fit, then he can take McStay, or Oscar.

Grimes - Cameron

Balta - Himmelberg.

Broad the cover man, if DLTLD doesnt come up Broad gets Himmelberg again after flogging Harry in round 23 and then in the Q/F last year.
Think you mean Hipwood, Harry. He's 202cm, but he's a small.

McStay is out suspended, and McInerney will have to carry the ruck with Martin and Smith injured.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Think you mean Hipwood, Harry. He's 202cm, but he's a small.

McStay is out suspended, and McInerney will have to carry the ruck with Martin and Smith injured.

Edited !!

That makes things a little easier for match ups.

Cheers

Platinum member

Tiger Matchwinner
Nov 30, 2015
Reservoir
Lol 89 meters gained that's it in a nutshell. That's not working hard. If you read my post clearly you would've seen that I actually commended his tackling (didn't save graham who had 9 the week before). Stack also being caught several times looked lethargic. But in close did well, bottom like we want his run and flair to create and also to win his own ball, he had 1 contested possession. Don't take stats as gospel see with your own eyes he couldn't run a gallop.
Not sure you’ve understood... he actually ran more at a higher intensity that anyone everyone else on the ground... it’s from the GPS.. it’s fact not opinion.

I actually think he was very average last night. But he clearly worked his ass off. Which is the exact opposite of what you have said and the part I disagreed with... no idea why you’re talking about metres gained.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
True. I can see all of Grimes-Astbury and Balta as the 3 main talls. Broad, Houli, Vlustuin, Short and Baker to round it off. (that's 8 backs)
Eggy will miss imo. Deadly by footy but still question his attack at the contest.

Tonight not sure if you noticed it at the game but on several occasions, Eggy did not go in not hard enough not saying he jibbed it but geez on the wing he was in pole position to get the ball and lost it, outhustled.
Markov was impressive, but hypothetically speaking if he kept up his form the coaches would move him to the wing or forward etc he's versatile so can play anywhere.

I did notice Egg has 'careful' at times. One thing about having KMac on the other wing you know he will will run all day and go in hard. Maybe not the most skilful but does a job. I like the Markov idea as well

Reactions: 1 user

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
Lions play this Friday and then have to back up on Tuesday night! Ripe for the taking with the same squad as last week. Vlastuin, if fit, back in for Eggy. I thought Markov provided a bit of speed and toughness, so happy to keep. Stack wasn't great, but think we need to persist and build his confidence and fitness with more game time. He's not going to improve hanging around the hub doing TikToks.

Reactions: 3 users

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
No change.

think they will back themselves to roll Lions off a 4 day break and will keep Vlas for 3rd game.

Reactions: 1 user

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Not sure you’ve understood... he actually ran more at a higher intensity that anyone everyone else on the ground... it’s from the GPS.. it’s fact not opinion.

I actually think he was very average last night. But he clearly worked his ass off. Which is the exact opposite of what you have said and the part I disagreed with... no idea why you’re talking about metres gained.

I agree and think Stack wasn’t as bad as we think - he did get caught / turned it over a couple of times but what 2nd year player doesn’t.

Stack‘s problem is the standard he set in his first year - it was off the charts for a first year player so he was always going to struggle to match that this year.

Effort was there last night so I am not too worried.

I put Ross in the same boat.

Reactions: 4 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
I agree and think Stack wasn’t as bad as we think - he did get caught / turned it over a couple of times but what 2nd year player doesn’t.

Stack‘s problem is the standard he set in his first year - it was off the charts for a first year player so he was always going to struggle to match that this year.

Effort was there last night so I am not too worried.

I put Ross in the same boat.

Probably fair comment for both of them

Stack just looked out of sorts - he fumbled, slipped, got caught, went right when he should have gone left .... just didn't ever take the ball cleanly. Hopefully that should come with time and regaining a bit of confidence and realising that he can do good things once he gets the ball safely in his hands

Reactions: 2 users

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004

Exactly..we all saw Stack puffing and lagging at times - but what also has to be acknowledged is he was sprinting harder for longer than most other players on the ground. Maybe that's why he appeared stuffed at times. He wont be dropped.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Think Cotch will miss this week as there is only a 4 day break between the Lions, and the Port Adelaide game to follow. Vlad will also get another week.

Daniel Rioli has the proven skill and should be there. Played a much improved last Qr against GWS and with others returning, he should understand that anything less than 100% concentration this week is likely to cost him a tilt at another flag.

B Baker Balta Grimes
HB Markov Broad Short
C Lambert Martin Pickett
HF Rioli Castagna Higgins
F Chol Lynch Aarts
R Soldo Stack Bolton
I/C Egglemosse-Smith McIntosh Riewoldt and Ross

When every one is available I see our
side going into finals looking like this:

B Vlastuin Astbury Grimes
HB Markov Balta Houli
C Broad Cotchin Pickett
HF Rioli Edwards Lambert
F Chol MartIn Lynch
R Soldo Bolton Prestia
I/C Baker Castagna Riewoldt (call me sentimental), and Stack

Em from Aarts Egglemosse-Smith lGraham Higgins McIntosh Nankervis Ross and Short.