Changes v The Bombres | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v The Bombres

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Reading between the lines, McGrath of the Druggies considers beating the Tigers is just a another step towards the finals.
Must admit they are quick but hope we can give them a wake up call.
You really cannot blame him for being so cocky ... when you think about how much they have achieved over the last 8/10 years. :eek:

Reactions: 1 user

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
The Essendon circle jerk on 360 actually put me to sleep on the couch.
Woke up and it was all over.
First time this year I watched 360

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
I got a copy if interested.
Great for insomnia

Batchelor Party

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2011
USA
Likewise, but they have one big matching-up advantage: 2 x ex-assistant coaches who know our game and players intimately.
Flipside of that is Hardwick will know their general strategies as well since they worked so closely together.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
On AW Healy asked Richo if Essendon was "the story of the year". Richo said no but why would Healy even be asking it?

• Haha

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Lets assume Cotchin plays.

In: Edwards Pickett
Out: Ralphsmith Nankervis

Reactions: 1 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
On AW Healy asked Richo if Essendon was "the story of the year". Richo said no but why would Healy even be asking it?
Richo would be right. Healy would be a nob.

Let’s put Essendon’s performances into perspective.

Losses
Hawthorn! OMG
Port (got smashed)
Sydney (close game)
Brisbane (got smashed)
Carlton! OMG
GWS (close game)

Wins
St Kilda
Collingwood
Dockers
Norf
Weagles

Granted it was a good win to beat the Weagles but they were due a loss at home and a couple of injuries hurt them.
The others are nothing to write home about.

I expect they will get a reality check this week.

Reactions: 3 users

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
I'm surprised by people who want Caddy out. The changes in the rules put a premium on decision making and delivery and Caddy has it in spades over a lot of contenders for his spot. He also has demonstrated he can find the ball. I think people are a bit too hung up on leg speed. We cant play too many Caddys but we can squeeze one in.

If you checkout some of Caddy's inside 50s there might be a clue to why we took so many inside 50 marks, Just from memory an easy chest mark to Bolton (goal to Martin) Jack lace out on half forward and the kick to Ralphsmith who goaled.

Just checked last week's stats. Highest possession winner, 5 inside 50s and 7 intercepts second with Balta to Grimes 10. Pretty complete winger's game.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20 users

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
I'm surprised by people who want Caddy out. The changes in the rules put a premium on decision making and delivery and Caddy has it in spades over a lot of contenders for his spot. He also has demonstrated he can find the ball. I think people are a bit too hung up on leg speed. We cant play too many Caddys but we can squeeze one in.

If you checkout some of Caddy's inside 50s there might be a clue to why we took so many inside 50 marks, Just from memory an easy chest mark to Bolton (goal to Martin) Jack lace out on half forward and the kick to Ralphsmith who goaled.

Just checked last week's stats. Highest possession winner, 5 inside 50s and 7 intercepts second with Balta to Grimes 10. Pretty complete winger's game.
I agree he was good. Was at the ground and he just makes correct decisions (Barring shot on goal for OOTF)

Reactions: 2 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I'd be stunned if Parker came in.

There's a fair bit to understanding things like stoppage set-ups and defensive positions, not sure you can be across that in a day or two and I'd be surprised if they'd give that IP to someone before they were locked in as a draftee.
Is there a black market in footy IP?

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Samson Ryan a sneaky chance to debut. Hardwick alluded in his presser today he wants to continue with the 1 ruck and 3 talls.

Reactions: 3 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Samson Ryan a sneaky chance to debut. Hardwick alluded in his presser today he wants to continue with the 1 ruck and 3 talls.

Night game in Perth - will be slippery so expect its unlikely. More likely that Pickett plays in these.

Attachments

• OIP.jpg
    OIP.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 3