Changes v The Bombres | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v The Bombres

Is this Indigenous round or Tokenism round?
Tokenism. What are you talking about. IMO the in’s are all players who warrant selection.

The outs are either young promising players who have either been in for a while or were down on form yesterday, or good players who have been down on form for a while, or are players getting near the end of their careers and are unlikely to be there next year.

But yes the in’s are connected and providing all players selected with the opportunity to celebrate Dreamtime, will make us stronger.

Pace will be vital

And reckon riolis omission was a one week freshen up

based on that

In edwards pickett rioli
out caddy ralphsmith rcd

Reactions: 1 user
How are we off for Tiger supporters in WA? Do we have a strong contingent? I see Sheedy in the media again blowing his own trumpet about how he developed the Essendon supporter base in WA and that they are the biggest supporter group in WA outside of Eagles and Freo. Geez he is an egomaniac *smile*.

Anyway hopefully we get some strong support over there. Given us here in the heartland are likely to miss out again for the rest of the year the boys will need all the support they can get from wherever they can get it.

*smile* Victoria. *smile* COVID :mad: :mad:

Reactions: 2 users
How are we off for Tiger supporters in WA? Do we have a strong contingent?

I reckon there will be a few thousand Picketts, riolis, boltons, broads, bakers, and macintoshes

Tokenism. What are you talking about. IMO the in’s are all players who warrant selection.

But yes the in’s are connected and providing all players selected with the opportunity to celebrate Dreamtime, will make us stronger.
So it is Tokenism round then!
At least it’s clear now

Essendon is ahead of where most would have expected. Their setup behind the ball, in particular, is working. Sending Heppell to a half back flank and importing Hind, who's been a revelation, have proved to be smart moves. Francis and Ridley are good intercept marks. I'm less convinced about Redman and Laverde but both were solid on Saturday night. Langford dropped back from his wing to provide further marking support, and it really unravelled the Eagles' forward entry method.

They rely heavily on Phillips and the kid Jones to make a contest when linking up from half back, so they choose to run the ball out and use the corridor instead. This speedy ball movement is what we need to stop because, allowed to run unchecked, it can hurt the opposition. For us, centre bounce clearances are vital in games like these.

So, in what would be a horses-for-courses selection, I'm lobbing for:

Out: Caddy (not through form, simply due to foot speed; he'll be back)
In: Edwards

D Rioli and HRS to swap roles, with the kid going to medical sub for a spell

In Edwards - Stack-Pickett

Out George-Chol- Short

From Dimma's press conference, Stack still has a way to go stamina wise. Edwards sounds 95% likely. I think he liked the 3 talls, Chol and Nank play as ruck rovers, very good beneath their knees. Early weather forecast has 0-4mm rain in Perth Sat night so if that happens, I think Chol comes out. In the presser sounds like he was saying Rioli is picking and choosing when to run hard (that how I heard it) and needs to show this trait more in the VFL before he gets another call up. The Dreamtime Rioli and Rilio feature wont be happening in 2021.

I see Sheedy in the media again blowing his own trumpet
Gee, that's a surprise. ... Haven't seen him do that for years!

On a separate note. ... wishing @Streak a fantastic Dreamtime taking his daughter to her first tigers match. #dreamtime@theO ..... (hopefully not ohh!)

Reactions: 3 users
Out: Chol, Hugo (if Edwards fit)
In: Pickett, Edwards
I would say no-way Chol will be out, he performed well in the ruck and will be needed for chop out against Nic Nat.
What was Dimma's comment in his post match presser saying Nanks availability will be dependent on scans, I know Nank went off in the 1st minute but came back and played out the game.

From Dimma's press conference, Stack still has a way to go stamina wise. Edwards sounds 95% likely. I think he liked the 3 talls, Chol and Nank play as ruck rovers, very good beneath their knees. Early weather forecast has 0-4mm rain in Perth Sat night so if that happens, I think Chol comes out. In the presser sounds like he was saying Rioli is picking and choosing when to run hard (that how I heard it) and needs to show this trait more in the VFL before he gets another call up. The Dreamtime Rioli and Rilio feature wont be happening in 2021.
I always go with my unique way I’d go with team selection , no common sense used :))

• Haha
I would say no-way Chol will be out, he performed well in the ruck and will be needed for chop out against Nic Nat.
What was Dimma's comment in his post match presser saying Nanks availability will be dependent on scans, I know Nank went off in the 1st minute but came back and played out the game.
Did he Julius? Concede I might be blinkered on Chol, but what impressed you about him in the ruck? He had a good clearance receive streaming forward of the ball, but he doesn't generally win it on the deck or clear through packs and often in as a secondary tackler. Doesn't fill gaps and take marks protecting the defence and has no presence up forward. (I know
he kicked 2 but hanging 5 metres behind play for it out the back is not sustainable.)

Didn't see Dimma's presser so wasn't aware Nank at risk. Nic Nat will be salivating at the prospect of lining up on Chol.

Did he Julius? Concede I might be blinkered on Chol, but what impressed you about him in the ruck? He had a good clearance receive streaming forward of the ball, but he doesn't generally win it on the deck or clear through packs and often in as a secondary tackler. Doesn't fill gaps or take marks protecting the defence and has no presence up forward. (I know
he kicked 2 but hanging 5 metres behind play for it out the back is not sustainable.)

Didn't see Dimma's presser so wasn't aware Nank at risk. Nic Nat will be salivating at the prospect of lining up on Chol.

I like that Chol has the leap to contend with taller ruckmen and does give second efforts at ground level when it comes to centre clearances. I want to keep the 2 tall forward structure and for someone to give Nank a chop out.
Chol has been doing 60% of ruck work in VFL whereas CJ has been more forward.
Did you see when CJ briefly went into ruck, he was pushed off the ball on boundary throw ins by Tex twice I think for 1 goal 1 against.
CJ much better at present doing the Lynch role.
In no way am I saying Mab's is doing enough, as he always he should be capable of much more but was still serviceable for our structure yesterday.

Reactions: 1 users
Wouldn’t mind seeing Nigel come in to play on Tippa , Tippa’s known to go missing when he’s “watched closely “ Nige could be the man for the inform small

Reactions: 4 users
I like that Chol has the leap to contend with taller ruckmen and does give second efforts at ground level when it comes to centre clearances. I want to keep the 2 tall forward structure and for someone to give Nank a chop out.
Chol has been doing 60% of ruck work in VFL whereas CJ has been more forward.
Did you see when CJ briefly went into ruck, he was pushed off the ball on boundary throw ins by Tex twice I think for 1 goal 1 against.
CJ much better at present doing the Lynch role.
In no way am I saying Mab's is doing enough, as he always he should be capable of much more but was still serviceable for our structure yesterday.
The coaches have always said CCJ is a more A grade forward and an ok ruckman

Wouldn’t mind seeing Nigel come in to play on Tippa , Tippa’s known to go missing when he’s “watched closely “ Nige could be the man for the inform small

If he does, we need to release press images of his head to prove that he has one.

• Haha
To those calling for Stack and MRJ to come in:
  • Stack's VFL form has plateaued, and there haven't been VFL matches for 2 weeks now.
  • MRJ is tantalising as a replacement for George but he's also now missed 2 weeks.
In: Edwards, Pickett
Out: HRS, Castagna

Dan Rioli and RCD may swap subs vests.
times two!

Like Tippa as a player, but we usually reduce his output to zero most games.

Cho
Did he Julius? Concede I might be blinkered on Chol, but what impressed you about him in the ruck? He had a good clearance receive streaming forward of the ball, but he doesn't generally win it on the deck or clear through packs and often in as a secondary tackler. Doesn't fill gaps and take marks protecting the defence and has no presence up forward. (I know

Choi 2nd efforts after the ruck were good very agile ...