changes V west coast | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

changes V west coast

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
I have been happy with Markov in the few games that he's played but think he'll go out for Broad (if he stays in then Stack out). Chol disappointing game.
I have been critical of Soldo more times than not but his game today was very good, yes some brain fades but geez he worked hard.
Had 17 disposals. 12 contested. 10 pressure acts. 4 marks, 186 meters gained and a few tackles. Well done Big Ivan.

Ins: Nankervis and Broad
Outs: Chol and Markov (or Stack)
Aarts very lucky. I’d drop him before Lego

Reactions: 1 user

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Forget every other match we've played this year. This is finals dress rehearsal 1 and if we can't get over this mob our 2020 credentials look shaky. I don't think we are in total control of our systems atm. Hard to tip us.

Reactions: 5 users

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
Think Caddy in for Castagna. Strong mark, reliable kick at goals and if he tackles they stay tackled

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I'm a big Soldo fan. And I thought his endeavour was great tonight.

With Nank, we would have won by 60. And Chol can play forward. Theoretically.

Soldo's basic skills seem to have gone backwards, and he's been beat up for months. I reckon he needs a spell.
Funny last week we were both debating the Soldo vs Chol selection. After tonight I would drop both.
Chol for being lazy and Soldo for having the skills of a VAFA player.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Oh and btw Caddy is too good to be playing in scratch matches.

Reactions: 4 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I know i have dropped too many pressure forwards at once for our style, but our style sucks. We can't just keep pissing against the same wall and expecting something different to happen.
Doesn't matter. Our pressure forwards aren't applying pressure anyway. May as well give others a go; not likely to lose anything.

2017-2019 seems a long time ago. Can we get our mojo back in the next 4 games?

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I have been happy with Markov in the few games that he's played but think he'll go out for Broad (if he stays in then Stack out). Chol disappointing game.
I have been critical of Soldo more times than not but his game tonight was very good, yes some brain fades but geez he worked hard.
Had 17 disposals. 12 contested. 10 pressure acts. 4 marks, 186 meters gained and a few tackles. Well done Big Ivan.

Ins: Nankervis and Broad
Outs: Chol and Markov (or Stack)

Soldo does work hard. I am conflicted between Chol and Soldo. Chol goes missing too often but has better skills. Soldo does less around the ground but can at least halve the ruck duels - no idea where he is tapping it at times but he is competitive.

Soldo's hard work might be what deserves to be rewarded. Mind you, I reckon he needs a break.

DS

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Natanui does SFA around the ground apart from exploding occaisionally for a hanger. Nothing much you can do about that. The centre square is where the money is and Soldo is the only one with the size to make The Flying Mop break a sweat. Nank will get dismantled at the bounce. So Soldo must take NN virtually every time. Chol is just playing horrible footy so he's gone. Tempted to try Dow. Anything to improve our skills going inside 50.

Reactions: 4 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I’d imagine selections going to have a lot to do with who recovers well .

Nank for Chol, Caddy , Higgins for aaarts and George, Dow for Stack , Broad for Markov are some I’d consider

Reactions: 5 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I will say that some of his 2nd efforts were very good. the rest was ordinary.

At worst - dude needs a break. He has carried the ruck through a compressed fixture. Rolling him out when he is stuffed is not doing his form any favours
Soldo showed some neat skills on the boundary line in the second half. Was OK. Hope Nank comes in, I'd be tempted to go Noldo as well.

Agree, can't keep carrying Chol. Nanks and Ivan for me. Thought Soldo was fantastic actually. 17 disposals, 12 contested possies, 9 intercepts, and clearances, even a couple of contested marks. He didn't have much to beat, Essendon rucks were pathetic.

Reactions: 1 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Forget every other match we've played this year. This is finals dress rehearsal 1 and if we can't get over this mob our 2020 credentials look shaky. I don't think we are in total control of our systems atm. Hard to tip us.
we turn those inside 50 entries into goals and we're laughing. something in me wants to think there's still some experimenting going on with things.
we have something up our sleeve.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Nankoldo. Ivan to be a battering ram against NicNat to soften him up for Toby. Cholly can't do that.

Broad must come back to help with the big bodied Eagles forwards.
This.

Suggest
Ins - Nank & Broad. We are really going to miss DTLD next week.
Outs - Stack & Chol. Lego to the wing/fwd.

Bonus change - Higgo in/George out

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
In the mix for OUT: Chol, Castagna, aarts, Stack, Rioli and possibly Markov or Soldo
In the mix for IN: Coleman-Jones, Higgins, Caddy, Collier-Dixon, Broad, Dow, Nankervis

Interesting week for the match committee.
Can't afford any passengers in the team against WCE.

Raoul Juke

Tiger Rookie
Mar 23, 2019
Nankoldo. Ivan to be a battering ram against NicNat to soften him up for Toby. Cholly can't do that.

Broad must come back to help with the big bodied Eagles forwards.

Out Chol and Stack. (Aarts and Castclanga lucky to survive, but Higgo and Caddy's pace hold them back.)

Yeah, you've sold me on that - except i. would still flip Caddy for Aarts. We really need to give Ivan a rest though - if not this week, then definitely against the Dockers

Ideally i think Rioli should go for Higgo as well, but i guess we need to see how they go in a more neutral game style.

We need to see how those pressure forwards cook when there is not such a bad flood happening. I cant see the Eagles being afraid of us enough to defend that way

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Yeah, you've sold me on that - except i. would still flip Caddy for Aarts.

Ideally i think Rioli should go for Higgo as well, but i guess we need to see how they go in a more neutral game style.

We need to see how those pressure forwards cook when there is not such a bad flood happening. I cant see the Eagles being afraid of us enough to defend that way
I’m looking forward to seeing how this game pans out. The Eagles probably won’t flood which will suit us. They have also been very very comfortable in their home town for the past 8 weeks with everyone coming to them. Now they have to get out of their comfort zone and head back east with everyone else.

On current form they’re deservedly warm favourites but this may just be the game we need. Geez I hope so; the last two games have been hard work.

tommygun

1st of many
Aug 24, 2011
Caroline Springs
Eagles will be coming off a 4 day break and playing at Metricon which they don’t have a great record at. We Need to start getting cleaner with our ball use and better at kicking for goal. Should be a win for us

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Eagles will be coming off a 4 day break and playing at Metricon which they don’t have a great record at. We Need to start getting cleaner with our ball use and better at kicking for goal. Should be a win for us
Our link-up and transition was actually very good last night. It was the I50 kick that let us down.