changes V west coast | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

changes V west coast

I think we all agree that our forward line is our big issue at the moment - 66 inside 50's v Dons for 10 goals.
The two problems I see is uncontested oppo marks in our forward 50 and poor entry quicks (the two are related).
This will be compounded against the best intercept marking team (WCE) if we dont make a change.
I am of the belief that the main reason our small forwards have been down so much this year is poor delivery (kicking to pockets and Oppo) and intercept marks. If we get this right, Rioli, Aarts, Castagna, Higgins, Stack etc. come to the fore

I am proposing that we play Vlaustin forward - his MO is to provide a contest, stop McGovern and kick goals (if he gets out on his own - good set shot). Maybe Townsend is a poor man's Nick Vlaustin?

I know there will be those that will argue that we are robbing Peter to pay Paul but our backline is functioning well. Broad, Grimes and Balta can cover the WCE bigs and Short, Houli and Baker will give us the rebound and run we require.

Not sure we should play Nank in this one but he is definitely in our best 22.

Ins: Broad
Out: Stack

Reactions: 2 users
Bookies have us favourites at $1.84 with West Coast $1.96

Hope the bookies are right!

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
If Lynch goes out for that, there needs to be a royal commission in the judicial system of the AFL
Might take a while for the hearing . Tipping Daniel Andrews Government will take up any Royal Commission enquires for next 5 years ‍♂️

Reactions: 1 users
It’s going to be a very interesting week for selections. I recon lynch will cop it in the neck, for no good reason. So bring in nank and stick him up forward changing in the ruck. What about chol who has been underperforming for a couple of weeks? Do we chop him and bring in Dow for a furnace like debut? Do we keep chol in and hope he shows up? It’ll be a big ask for us to roll them but given their qld form and our ability to keep winning games against the odds we may snatch it off the puffed up pricks.

The year Tom had last year wasn't meant to happen. No pre-season for him, carry us with the injuries we got, a real presence on the ground every game and 5 in a PF. Premiership in his first year at the Tiges. The AFL are trying to slow us down and the main man they want is Tommy.

I think we all agree that our forward line is our big issue at the moment - 66 inside 50's v Dons for 10 goals.
The two problems I see is uncontested oppo marks in our forward 50 and poor entry quicks (the two are related).
This will be compounded against the best intercept marking team (WCE) if we dont make a change.
I am of the belief that the main reason our small forwards have been down so much this year is poor delivery (kicking to pockets and Oppo) and intercept marks. If we get this right, Rioli, Aarts, Castagna, Higgins, Stack etc. come to the fore

I am proposing that we play Vlaustin forward - his MO is to provide a contest, stop McGovern and kick goals (if he gets out on his own - good set shot). Maybe Townsend is a poor man's Nick Vlaustin?

I know there will be those that will argue that we are robbing Peter to pay Paul but our backline is functioning well. Broad, Grimes and Balta can cover the WCE bigs and Short, Houli and Baker will give us the rebound and run we require.

Not sure we should play Nank in this one but he is definitely in our best 22.

Ins: Broad
Out: Stack
Good call but I would play Broad on McGovern. Instruct him to follow him and not worry about leading or providing a forward option. only worry about not letting him take uncontested marks.

Reactions: 1 user
Need Martin to play midfield for most of the match, so it opens up a spot for a 3rd tall type like Caddy or Markov to apply aerial pressure to their intercept markers. Perhaps we give Nank another week and drop Chol.

Looked like in dying minutes of the game Soldo went down holding his leg/ankle.But he looked okay in the rooms when they were singing the song. Hopefully the big lug is okay.

Cant believe we are slight favorites for this game according to TAB

Maybe they are factoring how rubbish WCE were in QLD earlier.

Maybe they are factoring how rubbish WCE were in QLD earlier.

this.

I hope they fall in a heap again.
Oh the tears that will flow from Gerald Healy, the salty tears’