changes V west coast | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

changes V west coast

We have been give a huge leg up here not having to play them in Perth in front of their rabid fans on their home deck in comfort.

We have them off a short break travelling to GC from Perth and , we have them COLD at Metricon.

They have'nt had a game at Metricon last week so they will need to get used to it again.

This is the biggest and best gift the AFL has afforded us this season.

We MUST take advantage of it this is the most important game of our season make no mistake this is for the top 4.

If we beat the Eagles this week we our chances of winning the flag go up exponentially.

Getting them in QLD now instead of over there could well end up in hindsight being the game that launched us to another flag as I believe our win over them last year was.

Convert 25% better we beat them

Here's hoping that is the case.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18 users
We have been give a huge leg up here not having to play them in Perth in front of their rabid fans on their home deck in comfort.

We have them off a short break travelling to GC from Perth and , we have them COLD at Metricon.

They have'nt had a game at Metricon last week so they will need to get used to it again.

We MUST take advantage of it this is the most important game of our season make no mistake this is for the top 4.

If we beat the Eagles this week we our chances of winning the flag go up exponentially.

Getting them in QLD now instead of over there could well end up in hindsight being the game that launched us to another flag as I believe our win over them last year was.

I was thinking about this today , big ifs , but if we beat west coast and Geelong , I reckon we win the premiership, The momentum we gain , we won’t be stopped ,

lose them both , I think we are gone

We'll need to beat the cats as well to get top 4. Eagles have a game in hand on us so they'd have to lose another game as well for us to stay ahead of them. They'd have to lose three including our game if we get done by the cats.

Reactions: 4 users
WC win games in the air. They are ranked last for ground ball gets. Humid slippery qld conditions don't suit them.

Reactions: 3 users
Cant believe we are slight favorites for this game according to TAB
TAB odds are firstly calculated on form - then they take a different shape after the weight of money is wagered. Reckon there will be more, stuck at home Richmond Victorian supporters having a dabble online on the tote than out and about Western Australian Eagles supporters betting - that would have to reshape the market......

Someone needs to play on McGovern. If we let him do what he did last week we are no chance.

Maybe that's Caddy to play a negative role. Problem is they also have Barrass, Shepherd etc that can also get you in the air. Caddy is less effective on the deck than a Higgo. Maybe we are best to play all of our small forwards (Rioli, Castagna, Aarts and Higgo) along with Jack and Lynch both of who are also pretty good with the ball on the deck

Reactions: 1 user
jack should take McGovern and smash him everytime the go near the ball

Seperate them.

If Caddy plays don’t allow- instructions should be not to kick to a 1v2 .
Instructions should be for all 3- in front all forwards to lead.

Open the space .
Quicker ball movement.
Lowering the eyes .
Not just bombing it.
Make their back men accountable for their man.
Limit their intercept marking.

Reactions: 1 user
Seperate them.

If Caddy plays don’t allow- instructions should be not to kick to a 1v2 .
Instructions should be for all 3- in front all forwards to lead.

Open the space .
Quicker ball movement.
Lowering the eyes .
Not just bombing it.
Make their back men accountable for their man.
Limit their intercept marking.
i agree mate.
i hate when they bomb it in

i would play jack or caddy on mcgovern,then handball long into forward line,would give either remaining 2 to take half of forward 50 ea and get ball to ground at all cost,would tell mcgoverns man not to lead too early and play him from behind, as mcgovern is slow and relies on getting a break away from his often quicker opponent from behind.