Changes versus West Coast | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes versus West Coast

We're not far off.

There's a gap between our current team, and the best teams.

But we've really been beaten by good football (other than tonight, but Melbourne are 2018 us, a class above the rest).

If we had Martin, Lambert and Grimes in instead of Tarrant, RCD and Parker, we win tonight. Granted, being at full strength with an aging team is a fantasy, but it demonstrates the gap isn't huge.

We're actually coming up against some strugglers for the next two months. I reckon we win them all.
Very far off imo. Demons slaughtered us everywhere except the scoreboard. We've beaten Bulldogs & Gas who've won 3 games between them. I think we'll be lucky to win 3 of our next 8 to go with the 4 wins of our last 14.

My Out: Edwards, Dow (dimma confirmed he's injured), Castagna
My In: Stack, Sonsie, Clarke
Reality out: Dow, RCD, Parker
Reality In: Stack, Sonsie, Aarts
More could be dropped, but we must win and historically teams that do lots of changes don't win.

Reactions: 1 users
In Grimes Stack Soldo Biggy Sonsie
Out Dow(inj) RCD Castagna Tarrant Edwards

B Broad Grimes Gibcus
HB Baker Vlastuin Short
C McIntosh Prestia Ross/Pickett (if available)
HF DRioli Lynch Bolton
F Riewoldt Balta Stack

R Nankervis Cotchin Graham

IC Soldo Mansell Biggy Sonsie

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
In Grimes Stack Soldo Biggy Sonsie
Out Dow(inj) RCD Castagna Tarrant Edwards

B Broad Grimes Gibcus
HB Baker Vlastuin Short
W McIntosh Prestia Ross
HF DRioli Lynch Bolton
F Riewoldt Balta Stack

R Nankervis Cotchin Graham

IC Soldo Mansell Biggy Sonsie
Lambert could be back
Grimes back for Collingwood game.
I reckon Parker Flappers Dow (inj) and Castagna need to be dropped
I'm. Rioli Jr, Stack Lambert and Soldo

Out: Edwards, Parker, RCD, Dow
In: Stack, Sonsie, MRJ, Lambert

I would also like Soldo back in as our first ruck. We just didn’t get first use with Nank.

Reactions: 1 user
Out: rcd, ross, sheds, dow (inj), parker

(Htf did we get within 6 goals of melbourne?)

In: lambert, martin, stack, The Sonz, biggy

Well easy, the fact they missed about 100 shots at goal probably helps.
The most one sided 22 point loss in a very long time.
MC will be burning some Midnight Oil.
(And nothing to do with the former member for Kingsford-Smith !)
Need to get bold with some selections/demotions.

I would keep Edwards and RCD, so I'm going to have trouble with who I'd like to see in.

Would pick Stack, MRJ, plus Soldo, Lambert and Martin if fit.

So out must go Parker, Dow (inj), Castagna, Mansell (unlucky) and presumably someone else!

Balta to trial wearing glasses which can handle a game. It has been done before and I reckon that is part of his problem. I have read he can't see much without glasses or contact lenses and that contact lenses are difficult at night. But he looks like he can't see anything at times. We need to sort this out.

DS

Watching the VFL highlights one of MRJ or Judson should be brought in for Castagna. He doesn't pressure opposition backmen at all anymore.

Sonsie needs to be rewarded with a game too.

In: Judson, Stack, Sonsie
Out: Castagna, Dow, one of Mansell, RCD, or Ross (should be Edwards but the coach will not drop him)

No doubt the Eagles are preening their feathers and sharpening their talons for Friday night.
Thy will be looking forward to dining out on an ageing motheaten Tiger and their young cubs.
They are aware that the once king of the jungle is now nothing more than tired old once great monster of the jungle.
Then again, just maybe that tired old Tiger will surprise with teeth of his own and the cubs will run wild.

Reactions: 1 user
In Grimes, Martin, Soldo, Sonsie and Stack.
Out Parker sub, Dow injured, Edwards and Riewoldt managed, Castagna, and Tarrant omitted.

B Broad Grimes Gibcus
HB Short Vlastuin Rioli D,
C McIntosh Cotchin Collier-Dawkins
HF Sonsie Balta Bolton
F Martin Lynch Stack
R Nankervis Graham Prestia
I/C Baker Mansell Ross Soldo
Sub Rioli M.

We need to drop Tarrant.

Then take his Jersey.

And the keys to his locker.

And the key card to the club.

Then tie him up and post him back to North Melbourne.
Looks like he's already taught young Gibber everything he knows, superfluous to needs already.