Changes vs Dees | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes vs Dees

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Aarts has more than earned a game with consistent VFL performances over several years. Now we see what he can do at the top level. He won't die wondering and will bring a heap of energy - the word 'terrier' is particularly apt. The excitement surrounding a hard-earned debut for a popular underdog who won't take any of it for granted might be exactly what the side needs.

Reactions: 10 users

Tigermad2005

Tiger Legend
Aug 18, 2004
Ballarat
Not a great in with Aarts. I wish him well but he is not the future and with lists most likely been cut back I would have liked to see a kid.

Reactions: 1 user

sportshow

Tiger Rookie
Apr 14, 2009
I think the Aarts promotion is well earned and deserved - and also says alot indirectly to others about having a red hot go .... he might not do much more than a Castagna or Rioli has this year, but he will give it everything he has .... and at times thus far this year i think there have been too many that have simply coasted - can't let that mindset into our club again. Pride.

Plenty of time still to play kids etc., but they can't simply be given games for the sake of it.

Can't wait to see where Balta is at as well should he as expected get the nod.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Garth won't play IMO seemed to pull up with a niggle early at training, thereafter ran a few laps before departing.
We now know Balta and Aarts are deifininites so that leaves three more to pick from below remaining bench:

Daniel Rioli, Liam Baker, Shai Bolton, Marlion Pickett, Mabior Chol, Jack Graham

Shai is a lock IMO so leaves 2 to fill.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
I'm most interested in whether or not they include Chol or Garth.

With Balta named I cant see em both being named.

If Balta plays back then maybe Chol gets named if he doesnt maybe they name Garth.
If Garth cant get a game now I think his papers are stamped. He needs to be given a go to see if he can cut it.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Not a great in with Aarts. I wish him well but he is not the future and with lists most likely been cut back I would have liked to see a kid.
How can you even make that call without knowing what he can do at senior level?

BTW he is 25 not 85.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Best of luck to Aarts. I have always been a bit wtf about his recruitment which has coloured my perception of him as a player. A hard worker in the forward line will be welcomed!

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Best of luck to Aarts. I have always been a bit wtf about his recruitment which has coloured my perception of him as a player. A hard worker in the forward line will be welcomed!
As a semi-regular VFL-goer, I found myself a few years ago saying, "Who's this 58 fella? Jeez, he's a goer." And then he got better. I think he's a bit slow for his size, but so are Higlet and Baker. Probably a good thing we're playing a bunch of slow fatties this week.

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Apart from Jake deserving his chance,I feel he's in just as much to invigorate our pressure forwards,apart from that the saints loss was a improvement and the best we played since our return.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Aarts will be hungry enough after missing out on the VFL premiership. Don't mind the selection at all at this stage. Let's find out whether we have another Lambert-type sleeper.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Aarts will be hungry enough after missing out on the VFL premiership. Don't mind the selection at all at this stage. Let's find out whether we have another Lambert-type sleeper.
I assume he must be better than Butler given that we let him go...

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Every time i watch the VFL he does something to make you notice him. He won't die wondering. Played well in a pre-season game this year that had Dermie heaping praise on him.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I'm super confident this week. The players are an extremely proud bunch, not about to go quietly into the night. And we are back on a wet deck (hopefully). Open up your wallets boys.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW

Maybe not the future but what we need now is commitment and Aarts is going to be hungry. Good in. Lets hope he can energise some of the others